Worst metal band name ever

I think prostitute disfigurment has to be the worst band name i've ever heard their song titles dont do them any favours either. Anal cunt is another band name that really grates on me.
more include:
old funeral
darkthrone (I still love the band though)
dark funeral
coal chamber (they are shit anyway a crappy name is not going to make much difference)
And the names of every other nu metal band in all of hells creation.

Life Sucks said:
great or decent bands with dumb names:

Mourning Beloveth
Grand Belial's Key
Deathspell Omega
Bolt Thrower
Cannibal Corpse
Man Must Die
Gory Blister
Corpsefucking Art
Gorefuck
Wargore

shitty bands with shitty names:

Severed Savior
Decrepit Birth
Cradle of Filth
Laaz Rockit
As I Lay Dying
Bleeding Through

Actually I like the names Bleeding Through, Man Must Die, And Mourning Beloveth =(

3 Inches of Blood.
Shadows Fall
Six Feet Under (cliche? yes)
Slipknot :rolleyes:
Cradle of Filth

el barto said:
I think prostitute disfigurment has to be the worst band name i've ever heard their song titles dont do them any favours either. Anal cunt is another band name that really grates on me.
more include:
old funeral
dark funeral
coal chamber (they are shit anyway a crappy name is not going to make much difference)

Dark funeral is a bit dodgey, as is old funeral

Amarantus said:
wtf
Do you even know where Opeth got their name?
From a book. "Opet", was the city of the moon. I don't remember the book though. I've always liked the name Opeth.

Worst names? I could list tons of gore death metal bands that fit into that category.

Impudent said:
From a book. "Opet", was the city of the moon. I don't remember the book though. I've always liked the name Opeth.

Worst names? I could list tons of gore death metal bands that fit into that category.

0312983395.jpg

el barto said:
more include:
old funeral
dark funeral
I have always thought Darkthrone was an awesome name.

great band but the name just doesn't do it for me.
I always thought mourning beloveth was an excellent band name.

Impudent said:
I have always thought Darkthrone was an awesome name.

yeh agreed
I think with a fair number for newer aged death/black, gore and what have you bands is that all the cool names have been taken and done alomst in another life and now they are, to a degree, cliched 'gay' names that suck

I'm assuming it is refering to a swarm of lotus eaters or something of the sort, and not an actual barrage of flowers.

Onder said:
Yes, Megadeth is horrible and these korny ones... like dragonlord, hammerfall etc...
no... those are awsome names i love hammerfall dragonlord is an awsome name. just read a 1000 fantasy books and youll get to love them.

an awful name would be like fozzy