Worst metal band name ever

Fozzy's bad. Are they for real? I mean, I know they exist, but are they a joke band? Chris Jericho is in there...?

Dude Megadeth is a shit name, its just taking two words that dont make any sense and sticking them together
also skid row sucks balls, the name and band

how bout this name - dethro

Wikipedia:

Megadeath (or megacorpse) is a term for one million deaths. It was coined in 1953 by RAND military strategist Herman Kahn and popularized in his 1960 book On Thermonuclear War. In Kahn's view, alternate scenarios in which the United States of America suffers 10 megadeaths instead of 100 should be weighed as "tragic but distinguishable outcomes." Though the term was created in order to discuss the likely consequences of conducting nuclear war, such a large number of deaths could also be associated with other weapons of mass destruction and extreme cases of democide.

In Stanley Kubrick's 1964 film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, General Buck Turgidson (played by George C. Scott) carries a binder titled "World Targets in Megadeaths". In the film, Turgidson promotes an all-out pre-emptive strike with the phrase "...choose between two admittedly regrettable, but nevertheless, distinguishable post-war environments...".

megadeth sucks still, guess im prejudice because i dont like the band, but meh

holyme said:
no... those are awsome names i love hammerfall dragonlord is an awsome name. just read a 1000 fantasy books and youll get to love them.

an awful name would be like fozzy

Hey, firstly, I didn't say Hammerfall is a bad band, I actually listened to them when I was younger, but the name... It's shitty aswell as fantasy books... Come on...

-

I have to disagree with Cannibal Corpse, it just fits the band nicely, heh, of course it's kind of funny (as all metal themes are somehow), but... That's like that I like Gore Penetration as a name...

Cradle of Filth isn't that bad, It's atleast somehow original... And Bolt thrower sounds ok for me aswell... dunno...

Teh Grimarse said:
i wish borknagar was called something else cus it sounds stupid when i have to say it to someone who hasn't heard of them.

"pork what? my pals? pork my pals?"

Hhahahahhah oh my god I shouldn't laugh, you said the 'n' word =\

Teh Grimarse said:
i wish borknagar was called something else cus it sounds stupid when i have to say it to someone who hasn't heard of them.

"pork what? my pals? pork my pals?"
:lol: That's great.

About Megadeth:

Yes, it's true that the etymology would make it not seem like such a bad band name. However, on the basis that Dave probably just chose it because it "sounds cool," it's still a dumbshit name.

cookiecutter said:
As cliche as it is, I still like the word necro.

I think its used too much. I think bands don't have much of an imagination when they name their band necro(...)I don't mind the word, but not as a band name.