Worst metal you've ever heard?

Not really. Virtuosity is defined by playing/technical ability and musical knowledge. A lot of metal has great guitars players but a lot of them probably can't even read music or write it(not as in making riffs writing music but actually writing). You don't have to know or remember what notes and chords you are playing to be a great guitarist but virtuosity is probably not easy to achieve. Knowing everything about something would be virtuosity.

Yes, many of them can't read music and don;t know much if anything about theory. Myself, I can not read music, though I know a good deal about theory.

I for example is the type of guitarist that could show another one technique's/playing but not be able to exactly be specific. I don't remember notes or chords and will probably never be a virtuoso. Besides one year I am self-taught. If I went to lessons maybe one day could be a virtuoso, but I don't like someone telling me what to do and i'm not going to pay someone to show me how to play something that's really not even rocket science to begin with. When you practive a guitar there is a specific way to play and you just pick up on it regardless if you do not know what you are doing.

I don't look at guitar books. Probably should be just never really thought about it. I used one in the beginning for basic rythmn chords and that's it.

I read a lot about scales/modes etc etc. I am self taught for over 14 years, I be specific about many things. I don't remember every chord, but I do well. I can play and use "advanced" techniques and so on. blah blah.

Europe,if they are even considered metal. The Final Countdown could possibly drive someone to suicide if forced to listen to it many times consecutively

Children Of Bodom is not beyond shit. I can't believe you guys can't understand talented guitar work when you hear it. The keyboards add to the flavor of the music also. I'm sure a ton of your bands you listen to were influenced by CoB.

Blue_Jay said:
Children Of Bodom is not beyond shit. I can't believe you guys can't understand talented guitar work when you hear it. The keyboards add to the flavor of the music also. I'm sure a ton of your bands you listen to were influenced by CoB.

N00b, Slipknot beckons you child