Worst metal you've ever heard?

Opeth's GR was the first and last album I'll buy from them. It sucks more than I can put into words. I don't understand the hype surrounding these twats. Their progressive sound is terrible.

AgoliantLives said:
Opeth's GR was the first and last album I'll buy from them. It sucks more than I can put into words. I don't understand the hype surrounding these twats. Their progressive sound is terrible.
Their earlier albums, with the exception of Deliverance and most of Damnation, are much better. You shouldn't give up on them just because of Ghost Reveries.

My brother-in-law drools over Dream Theater every night and I've listened (and watched on DVD) them many times and could never figure it out. There are a few nice solos but the music in general is very boring.

AgoliantLives said:
GR was fantastic, although it is different than their other albums. They have more keyboards which has mixed results. Also there is an overall different mood and the lyrics aren't as good as the other albums. Overall though, it is a brilliant record just not nearly as good as their other albums, such as MAYH which is HIGHLY recommended :headbang:

Unleashed 'Warrior' is some of the worst metal i've heard(god fucking awful) what was the band thinking AWFUL. I generally like Unleashed also.