Worst production jobs thread.

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
What album production jobs are annoying and just plain unlistenable to your ears.

For me:
Decapitated-Nihility,The Negation
Bathory-Under The Sign Of The Black Mark
Krisiun-Ageless Venomous,etc..

I'm sure I am forgetting some.

"Under The Sign Of The Black Mark" sounds fucking awesome.

Now, "Octagon" on the other hand...:lol:

Also, Judas Priest - Turbo, Metallica - And Justice For All, and Death - Human, among many others.

Death - Individual Thought Patterns

Don't get me wrong, I love this album, one of Death's best IMO, but the production just sucks. Gene's drum sound so weak. Same thing with Human, but it annoyed me more with ITP.

The Greys said:
Decapitated-Nihility,The Negation

I can understand for Nihility, but The Negation? I thought it was very well produced. Heck, The Fury has one of the most violent intro ever with the help of the production.

AsModEe said:
Don't get me wrong, I love this album, one of Death's best IMO, but the production just sucks. Gene's drum sound so weak. Same thing with Human

Except with Human, it was the bass. I CAN'T HEAR STEVE.

AsModEe said:
I can understand for Nihility, but The Negation? I thought it was very well produced. Heck, The Fury has one of the most violent intro ever with the help of the production.

The production jobs on these cds have the typewriter and cheap plastic sound to them. The music the band produces is very contrived also. The production and music is not genuine to me.

The Greys said:
The production jobs on these cds have the typewriter and cheap plastic sound to them. The music the band produces is very contrived also. The production and music is not genuine to me.

EXACTLY!

Cheap-ass shot. And the triggers can be annoying. Not nearly as annoying as like Dimmu Borgir or Vital Remains.

Countess - The Book of the Heretic

i dont care what you say, the production blows ass and doesnt help it in many cases

I cannot stand In the Nightside Eclipse because of the production.

The Chasm's Deathcult for Eternity took me a while to get used to because of the muddy sound, but I'm over it now :)

ITNE has great production. Keyboards weren't over the top like on Anthems.

Deathcult for Eternity hasn't clicked with me yet. I don't like the drum sound, and I'm just not getting into it.

The production on Human and ITP is iffy. I love the guitar sound and don't mind the drums on Human, but the bass is so bad. I remember one part I think in Suicide Machine where it sticks out for two notes and sounds awful. Guitars and drums sound
bad on ITP.

Atheist - Elements always sounded bad to me. It's just...fruity. Maybe it's the album art talking there.

MasterOLightning said:
Deathcult for Eternity hasn't clicked with me yet.

It took me about 20 listens, and I got the remaster, so that might've made some difference. But this topic of albums "clicking" is an interesting one...

"Practice What You Preach". That bass sound is shit and the guitars are too thin.
Every WASP album since probably "The Headless Children" has had fucking awful production as well.