Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephern Ka
Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated
most Moonblood
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Abaddon Incarnate - The Last Supper
Amorphis - Privilege of Evil

Erik said:
This has SO awesome sound. Fucking evil. Impossible to believe that it's produced by Timo "completely bonkers" Tolkki...
I think it sounds muddy, raw, and underproduced. Many of the songs also apprear on The Karelian Isthmus, and they sound much better.

^This dosn't make any sense to me. People who don't like ITNE's production usually prefer something more polished, but yet you find Nattens Madrigal to be okay. People who like NM think that it gives the album atmosphere. I'm of the opinion that ITNE needs that production to be so frosty and atmospheric. How do you like one but not the other?

MasterOLightning said:
^This dosn't make any sense to me. People who don't like ITNE's production usually prefer something more polished, but yet you find Nattens Madrigal to be okay. People who like NM think that it gives the album atmosphere. I'm of the opinion that ITNE needs that production to be so frosty and atmospheric. How do you like one but not the other?

I've been meaning to tell you that I love your avatars, and now I finally get the chance: I love your avatars! :Spin:

Dodens Grav said:
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal

Unlistenable.
'swrong wich joo? Honestly though, I don't see what's wrong with it.

In response to the Dark Angel comment, I am preparing my surgical tools, and heating the brand.

MasterOLightning said:
The production on Nattens is great because it is stripped down and very raw, just like the music. Nightside is too busy of an album to be as muddy as it is. It doesn't need to be clear, just not as jumbled as it sounds, if that makes sense.

The production on Darkness Descends sucks, but we reserve the right to fuck you up because the album is otherwise awesome.

Yeah I admit the guitars are mostly lost in the mix and the bass isnt really there... so I see where your coming from... but I cant agree.

One Inch Man said:
The production on Nattens is great because it is stripped down and very raw, just like the music.

Beherit's "The Oath Of Black Blood" is raw. "Nattens Madrigal" is just stupid.

Amorphis - Privilege of Evil sounds really killer. The guitar tone is great and it almost resembles Demilich-Nespithe. Amorphis should have used a similiar sound on 'The Karelian Isthmus' but more polished. Not exactly polished but just cleaning up that sound alittle more. Amorphis left their death metal roots to quick. That E.P was fucking evil.

One Inch Man said:
The production on Nattens is great because it is stripped down and very raw, just like the music. Nightside is too busy of an album to be as muddy as it is. It doesn't need to be clear, just not as jumbled as it sounds, if that makes sense.

Correct.