Worst production jobs thread.

Dodens Grav said:
In The Nightside Eclipse's production is way more tolerable than the piece of shit production of Nattens Madrigal. Making production really raw to 'fit the music,' while gay, is all fine and dandy, however, the extent to which Nattens Madrigal's production sucks is mind blowing, and it's hilarious that everyone loves the production because somebody else made fun of you the first time you heard the album and you said "Well, the music's not bad, but I don't like the production..." even though you know even the music isn't that good, but you just don't want to get belittled by elitists and those who 'get it.' Wake up and stop listening to what others say that you should like, and maybe you'll realize that Ulver sucks as a whole, and Nattens Madrigal sucks both musically and in terms of production. It's not 'fitting,' it's crap. There's a fucking difference, 'even in Black Metal.
This is a fine post [I believe the post contains a reason why many people listen to fag black metal (b/c kvlt kids tell them it is kvlt, so they will become kvlt, etc.)], except that I like Ulver. I don't love or even like the production on that album, I just deal with it because I like the music.

Dodens Grav said:
In The Nightside Eclipse's production is way more tolerable than the piece of shit production of Nattens Madrigal. Making production really raw to 'fit the music,' while gay, is all fine and dandy, however, the extent to which Nattens Madrigal's production sucks is mind blowing, and it's hilarious that everyone loves the production because somebody else made fun of you the first time you heard the album and you said "Well, the music's not bad, but I don't like the production..." even though you know even the music isn't that good, but you just don't want to get belittled by elitists and those who 'get it.' Wake up and stop listening to what others say that you should like, and maybe you'll realize that Ulver sucks as a whole, and Nattens Madrigal sucks both musically and in terms of production. It's not 'fitting,' it's crap. There's a fucking difference, 'even in Black Metal.
No.
Krztar said:
I should also add
Danzig - Live on the blackhand side.
That album blows as a whole, what a terrible representation of a great live band.
Alex78 said:
Cynic - Focus
What's so bad about this one? It's a little weird, but I like it. Sounds like clouds and 13 string instruments have sex, or something.

I like the production on both ITNE and NM, probably because I can't imagine the music any other way than how I've known it all along.

Want to know an album with atrocious, unfitting production? Of One Blood by Shadows Fall.

Immortals' Blizzard Beasts. I really have to pay attention to recognize the drumming. It's just horrible.

Yeah, I didnt understand the problem with 'Focus' at all. Its a great album and the production is fine.

Ulver - I've only heard Bergtatt and I wasn't impressed at all. How relevant is that to this conversation aye.

This Abhorrence is really great stuff, thanks for the link man. I might actually like this stuff more than early Amorphis.

Erik said:
Not like it's anywhere close to "worst", but yes, Darkness Descends would only benefit from a less muddy guitar sound to highlight the riffs better.
yeah this is all I meant, the lynch mob can go home don't worry.

I'm not too keen on the way the drums get burried, and I don't think the guitar level or tone does the riffs any favours.

Which is a shame.

Graveland - Following the Voice of Blood
I can't stand the guitar tone on that CD. It is almost just dry guitar, with hardly any distortion. Following the Voice of Blood is easily my least favorite Graveland CD.

Rigor Mortis - s/t
There isn't enough distortion on the guitar for the heaviness of the riffs, so it sounds funny.

Throneum - The Underground Storms Eternally
The guitar is too low in the mix, and the bass and vocals are too loud. It sounds strange, especially for black metal.

Atomizer - Death Mutilation Disease Annihilation
The production is too dry. At times it almost sounds punkish.

Life Sucks said:
Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated

While I do enjoy that CD and all of its gigantic influence on USBDM bands...THERE IS NO MELODY IN THE ENTIRE THING. I CANNOT MAKE OUT ONE RIFF.

Life Sucks said:
Graveland - Following the Voice of Blood
I can't stand the guitar tone on that CD. It is almost just dry guitar, with hardly any distortion. Following the Voice of Blood is easily my least favorite Graveland CD.
Haha it's so awesome. I usually say it sounds like someone miked up the actual strings of an electric guitar and fed that through a shitty training amp

It's not actually that bad though. Also, I totally fail how you can have an album containing FUCKING THURISAZ, POSSIBLY GRAVELAND'S BEST SONG EVER! as your least favourite, but hey, whatevar

Thraxdude666 said:
One of the worst I've heard is Sodom - Obsessed By Cruelty
The band wasn't satisfied either, so there actually exists TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS of this album -- not re-mixed or re-mastered, but actually RE-RECORDED. The European SPV/Steamhammer LP has a wholly different recording than the more common American version (which is what is on today's re-release CD's) -- I have both and can say that the Euro version definitely sounds better. Not mind-blowingly different WHOA THIS IS LIKE A DIFFERENT ALBUM!, but better.

Sodom's Get What You Deserve is REALLY shit produced. The bass is the loudest thing, and is highly intrusive, to accompany the heavily supbar songs.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
While I do enjoy that CD and all of its gigantic influence on USBDM bands...THERE IS NO MELODY IN THE ENTIRE THING. I CANNOT MAKE OUT ONE RIFF.
Exactly. I hate it when I can't hear what the guitar is playing. I want to hear riffs, and not a vaguely defined wall of noise.