Worst production jobs thread.

Life Sucks said:
I think it sounds muddy, raw, and underproduced. Many of the songs also apprear on The Karelian Isthmus, and they sound much better.
In most of the cases i prefer the album versions, but "Vulgar Necrolatry" off the demo/EP absolutely SLAYS the album version, which is really really boring and has none of the savage rawness it should.

NECROLATRIC! REVERENCE FOR PUTREFACTION! NECROLATRIC! REVERENCE FOR THE DEAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaad

Erik said:
In most of the cases i prefer the album versions, but "Vulgar Necrolatry" off the demo/EP absolutely SLAYS the album version, which is really really boring and has none of the savage rawness it should.

NECROLATRIC! REVERENCE FOR PUTREFACTION! NECROLATRIC! REVERENCE FOR THE DEAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaad

Have you heard Abhorrence (pre-Amorphis)?

Yes, back when they had their mp3.com page... Cool stuff, actually I wish they would re-release all of the Abhorrence songs on a CD or something.

In The Nightside Eclipse's production is way more tolerable than the piece of shit production of Nattens Madrigal. Making production really raw to 'fit the music,' while gay, is all fine and dandy, however, the extent to which Nattens Madrigal's production sucks is mind blowing, and it's hilarious that everyone loves the production because somebody else made fun of you the first time you heard the album and you said "Well, the music's not bad, but I don't like the production..." even though you know even the music isn't that good, but you just don't want to get belittled by elitists and those who 'get it.' Wake up and stop listening to what others say that you should like, and maybe you'll realize that Ulver sucks as a whole, and Nattens Madrigal sucks both musically and in terms of production. It's not 'fitting,' it's crap. There's a fucking difference, 'even in Black Metal.

Dodens Grav said:
blah blah blah rehashing what others have said 5000 times over blah blah
Yawn... Listen to it a few more times and you, too might get it
emotq8ex.gif

Or you can just realize that I think it sucks and you don't and that's fucking it instead of being a cunt.

Erik said:
Yawn... Listen to it a few more times and you, too might get it
emotq8ex.gif

Since when do Nattens Madrigal or In the Nightside Eclipse take many listens to hear what's going on? I haven't heard either album that many times, but they're not really that bad in terms of production, are they?

Dodens Grav said:
Or you can just realize that I think it sucks and you don't and that's fucking it instead of being a cunt.
Right, so just say you don't like it, don't write a full paragraph trying to justify it with a bunch o' nonsense.

Ok, here's my take on Nattens Madrigal:

Too fucking digital! It sounds like my fucking alarm clock radio when it's out of tune. The songs themselves, even for the time, are really fucking trite and boring. Garm tried to create the "ultimate BM album," but the theme just reeks of stupidity and arrogance. It sounds like what would happen if some spoiled rich kid got a guitar and wanted to make some "raw black metal."

Tormentor - Anno Domini is raw. Nattens Madrigal is stupid.

Jean-Pierre said:
It sounds like what would happen if some spoiled rich kid got a guitar and wanted to make some "raw black metal."

That's basically what I've heard other people say negative about the album. I still don't have any Ulver, which I should since I'm a mega-Arcturus and Garm fan......although I'll start out with their more recent stuff as opposed to the older folk/black metal.

I grant that "Nattens Madrigal" is not 100% genuine, because the rawness is artificial, but that the songwriting is anything less than stellar is a big fucking pile of bullshit. The SONGS are awesome, and that's what saves it. That the sound happens to work in favour of what they're trying to accomplish is just a big bonus.

So, in conclusion: :hotjump:HATAZ FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111↓1:mad::mad::mad:M.ad:hotjump: :hotjump: :headbang: :raah:

Erik said:
I grant that "Nattens Madrigal" is not 100% genuine, because the rawness is artificial, but that the songwriting is anything less than stellar is a big fucking pile of bullshit. The SONGS are awesome, and that's what saves it. That the sound happens to work in favour of what they're trying to accomplish is just a big bonus. So, in conclusion: HATAZ FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111:mad::mad::mad:M.ad

Just admit that Tormentor - Anno Domini rapes it, then we can have some brew and call it a day. ;)

I still haven't heard that whole album. Is it re-released and available for sane amounts of jew tokens yet? If so, I need it, because yes, DIS IS A STORY ABOUT ELEESABETH BAAATORI and IN GATE! OF HELLLLLL rule