Worst type of metal fan?

And in addition, could have been the single best album ever if not for the dreadfully boring second half of Moonchild.

no. It provides a welcome ambience and proves, in a most muscular fashion, that yes...they *can* get away with that, and in those few minutes laid the groundwork for yet more branches of prog later to come..

I would like somebody to actually justify their claims of me being an elitist for once, just for a nice change of pace. And I mean 'elitist' in the obvious pejorative sense in which you people fling it at me, not the actual definition of 'elitist.'

I would like somebody to actually justify their claims of me being an elitist for once, just for a nice change of pace. And I mean 'elitist' in the obvious pejorative sense in which you people fling it at me, not the actual definition of 'elitist.'
I think you called me a fag once on IM. Also you agreed with me when I said I liked the bad types of extreme metal :cry:.

no. It provides a welcome ambience and proves, in a most muscular fashion, that yes...they *can* get away with that, and in those few minutes laid the groundwork for yet more branches of prog later to come..

I hear no ambience, just too many minutes of random silent notes. I don't mind improvisation but I guess it just doesn't mix with attempted ambience. That song is in no way up to par with the rest of the album.

eh.........well..'Tales From Topographic Oceans' is also probably my favorite Yes album, so... I tend to have a different opinion than the norm on prog sometimes. :loco: Maybe the song will grow on you. I really do think it flows amazingly and provides great contrast and a needed calm. I find ambiance within the improvisation, the little noises.. heh..

eh.........well..'Tales From Topographic Oceans' is also probably my favorite Yes album, so... I tend to have a different opinion than the norm on prog sometimes. :loco: Maybe the song will grow on you. I really do think it flows amazingly and provides great contrast and a needed calm. I find ambiance within the improvisation, the little noises.. heh..

I have yet to hear Tales From The Topographic Oceans. I haven't heard much Yes at all actually, but what I have heard doesn't come close to King Crimson or Dream Theater in my book.

There are two songs I really like on In the Court: Epitaph and the last track. The rest doesn't really stand out to me. Also,I don't like the inconsistencies in volume on this album.

My favorite prog band is Magma. Especially for albums like Udu Wudu
and recently, Attakh. Thanks to Grant(vihris) for the bullseye recommendation on that one. Tribal funk like no other. I need more stuff like that.

I haven't yet listened to Kohnatarksoz. It seems like each new Magma album I discover becomes a favorite, and then I can't listen to anything else for weeks. Oddly, MDK, their most celebrated album doesn't really do much for me anymore as it's too clinical and over-the top(still fine, though). But the other two are bliss.

MDK is.................well..for me, I think what it is is that I just...generally find their stuff to be stronger when the instrumental portions are evened out with their vocalizations. MDK is totally dominant in vocals, and it's hard for me to really get into, as the dynamics just aren't as... wide as in what I generally want to hear, the instruments and band stretching out..

You fucking claimed to be better than everyone fucking else.

Then again I'm fucking blocked.

I don't like the type of "metal fan" who thinks that metal only gets worse as time goes on. They think that Black Sabbath is the best metal band by far, and often even think that Led Zeppelin (who are not even metal) are better than any metal band.

I don't like the "metal fans" who think their taste is superior because they play guitar. I've been playing guitar and bass for 19 years, and know musical theory like the back of my hand, but I readily admit that my musical taste isn't particularly good, and I like a lot of bands and subgenres generally frowned upon by elitists.

I don't like the type of "metal fan" who thinks that metal only gets worse as time goes on. They think that Black Sabbath is the best metal band by far, and often even think that Led Zeppelin (who are not even metal) are better than any metal band.

I don't like the "metal fans" who think their taste is superior because they play guitar. I've been playing guitar and bass for 19 years, and know musical theory like the back of my hand, but I readily admit that my musical taste isn't particularly good, and I like a lot of bands and subgenres generally frowned upon by elitists.

zomg black sabbath took all the best riffs..

some classic rock fans casually listen to metal but always feel the need to mock it in some way so as to back up their tastes. That annoys me. It also annoys me when they don't acknowledge the diversity in metal say things like Judas Priest are a poor man's Black Sabbath. I mean, Judas Priest seem to have influenced and taken off on a pretty different sound, more like power metal and thrash (soloing) than doom metal.