Worst type of metal fan?

People who are into metalcore and think stuff like Five Finger Death Punch is the heaviest stuff ever, and refuse to go beyond mainstream metal despite seemingly loving it.

The worst kind of metal fan? Hmmm I'd have to say the old schoolers who don't or won't listen to anything new. It's seems like they stopped in 1995.

Alot of the metal "fans" my age(mid 30's) are guilty of this. I wouldn't even call them metal fans personally. Stop living in the past. There's so much more out there than "Crazy Train", "Run to the Hills" and "Master of Puppets". I love the classics but I'm always out looking for new music.

On the flipside it has to be those dopes who dress like robbers in the pits. lol I wanna smash them in the face lol. Or those idiots at Children of Bodom shows who play the air keyboard lol

Just in case you were being serious, that was a direct quote from Darkthrone regarding Transilvanian Hunger.

I really dislike the people who thinks they know everything but knows nothing. Basically folks who got into one band and therefore think they are the best band in the world and listens to them 24/7 and thinks that because they themselves like this band everyone else must do so to. And also that because of this bands "superior music" they have to be superior musicians. Example: take a look at the Metallica forums. There are loads of them there.

I also dislike people who care to much about what others think. All this talk on what bands are true and what bands are not for example. Its just stupid. I seriously doubt these people truly only like just the bands praised in "true metal" circles. I think they are way more influenced by general opinion in the group they want to belong with rather than caring about musical quality.