Worst type of metal fan?

Fucking close-minded black metal fans who only listen to the most kvlt shit and will not accept anything that is in the stores of hot topic or anything commercial

Yeah, but no one is actually like that.

Quite frankly, I'd rather talk to this non-existant stereotype than a preachy "open-minded" metalhead.

There was a premium example at a party I went to today. 38 year old 'fuck yeah' muscle guy wearing a surfwear t-shirt and a trucker cap, favorite bands Pantera, Lamb of God and Devildriver, drunk out of his brain trying to mosh and punch on with anyone and everyone, and screaming and yelling if anyone tried to turn Pantera off.

There was a premium example at a party I went to today. 38 year old 'fuck yeah' muscle guy wearing a surfwear t-shirt and a trucker cap, favorite bands Pantera, Lamb of God and Devildriver, drunk out of his brain trying to mosh and punch on with anyone and everyone, and screaming and yelling if anyone tried to turn Pantera off.

Ugh...yeah, I hate these types more than any of them.

They are awful fans.

Should have smote him with a fold up chair.
That's how people like that are accustomed to being defeated right?

chair.JPG

Fucking close-minded black metal fans who only listen to the most kvlt shit and will not accept anything that is in the stores of hot topic or anything commercial

Nobody's actually like that.

But I mean... some commercial shit... actually is shit, you have to admit it. Not all of it but a lot of it. Like new Dimmu... new Borknagar, Cradle, Nile, etc.

Nobody's actually like that.

Well quite alot of people act like they are like that anyways. What they actually like in the privacy of their room in mums basement I dont know. I have to say the amount of people like this has been reduced lately though.

However I think many of the potential kvlt black metal people are not the same people doing the "true satanism" thing now. Hailing Jon Nödtveid and the MLO/TotBL and thinking they know the answer to all the universal questions in regards to religion while anyone with the slightest knowledge in the organisations past as well as in the history of religions can see through a lot of the bs. I gotta say that the TotBL are good "word shitters" though and a lot of people think they are intellectual or even wise because of that :p

Oh who could forget about the 30+ year old buff dude that'll slug your ass for not saying Pantera, Lamb Of God, 5FDP or any other Groove Metal band isn't the best in the world? :heh: Bitches gonna get checked if they don't acknowledge my ex-Marine status, wearing camo shorts, a trucker cap, sporting a goatee and ready to fight. :lol:

And on the topic of Hot Topic(there was no way around it) they have some pretty neat stuff in the metal section. Too bad most of the people who go in there need to be punched in the vagina. :erk: I feel like I'm the only cool person in there some days, staring at the Metal/Rock/Hardcore wall. :headbang:

Black metal fans are terrible. I'm not talking about anyone on this board when I say that, or any writers of zines, webzines, blogs, etc.

I'm talking about people like the fucks who run Gathering of Shadows every year. People like my ex-drummer Kevin who breaks up entire shows because a member of a band isn't white, subsequently getting banned from every bar in town. People who will flock together to keep an immensely talented bassist from joining a band because he's Puerto Rican. People who ruin an entire festival with violence and "sig Heil" bullshit because there are Hawaiian natives having a good time there. People about whom Nachtmystium writes entire blogs just to disassociate with them. The entire reason I refuse to pigeonhole my band as black metal. I don't want to be a part of that scene. Ever.