Your first alcoholic experience...

the first time i tasted alchohol
was at the begining of my mother's decade-long Rx pill-induced coma, my mom was snoring really loudly and one of my uncles thought it would be really funny to see me drunk, i think i was 3 or 4 and when i tasted the beer, i told him it tasted bad, he replied, "it's supposed to taste bad, if it tastes good that means it's not strong enough to get you drunk"

the first time i got really drunk
i think i was about 12 and i blacked out, what i remember is going to sleep thursday night, and waking up saturday morning, with a bunch of people telling me that i'd been fully awake friday and "doing stupid shit" all day friday

I probably read it in high school, and didn't like it. Save the Crucible, I despised every text set in secondary school. I even wrote to the place recently telling them of my hatred for the curriculum. I've been back to guest lecture there and a few teachers aside, it's went down the toilet. Much like public education everywhere.

I probably read it in high school, and didn't like it. Save the Crucible, I despised every text set in secondary school. I even wrote to the place recently telling them of my hatred for the curriculum. I've been back to guest lecture there and a few teachers aside, it's went down the toilet. Much like public education everywhere.

Out of curiousity, where were you educated at secondary school level? I must agree, the discipline, for instance, is an utter shambles at the moment in our school.

I too read it for a Standard Grade NAB of some kind, if memory serves correct, and actually kind of enjoyed it.

I spent the four years of my High-School education at Dumfries Academy, in South West Scotland. Despite the rhetoric involved in the newly established website, it's a horrible centre of education, graced with the undeserved attention of a few intelligent and underappreciated staff.

first experience that made me feel like an alcoholic?

sitting behind my dad's bar at around 2 am when i was about 16 swigging vodka from the bottle (with the spill-proof cap) and then taking swigs of schnapps as a chaser.

I spent the four years of my High-School education at Dumfries Academy, in South West Scotland. Despite the rhetoric involved in the newly established website, it's a horrible centre of education, graced with the undeserved attention of a few intelligent and underappreciated staff.

Is this not the case in most educational institutions? There are a few Doctors in different - although primarily English and Science - departments around our school who have, or perhaps had, a serious passion and fervor for their work that goes unnoticed. Personally, I'd blame this on pupils, but I have fuck-all clue as to what goes on behind the, err, staff room doors, if you will.

Okay, I'm going with the first time I actually got drunk.

I was 13 and with my friend Bella at her house in Daly City. Her parents were from Ukraine, so of course they had an enormous supply of alcohol, and fortunately never seemed to notice that it was gone. We took shots of everything they had, including absinthe and weird shit like 99 Bananas, chasing everything with Leninade. We just kind of sat around and felt silly for a while.

And now Bella's a tweaker and I never see her anymore.

I tried alcohol for the first time when I was 15. It was the first time I'd had my consciouness altered in any way. Looking back on it, it was the mildest buzz imaginable but I was still amazed that a substance could alter your consciousness in this way. Now I realize alcohol changes your consciousness in probably the most boring way out of any drug.

The first time I got really drunk was when I went to Italy; about a year ago actually. It was a school, elite singing group, trip. It was the last night and we had to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to leave for the plane, so we all just stayed up and got drunk (about 40 people were on the trip) in the hotel. I was hanging out with one of my friends before any interesting "parties" got started and we were eager to get drunk. She and I, mostly, drank a whole bunch of whine. I got very, very drunk because I later had absinthe and then some red wine, which I spilled all over my white Nevermore shirt!!! OH no!!! It came out though ha.

I've been very drunk before but I've never actually puked. I can usually hold it.

Oh yeah, thread topic. Erm..had a few beers on'n'off between the ages of 8 or 9 and 12. Got proper fucking blazing when I was 13 on some shite 3 pound cider at the nearby wheely-board park w/ some older mates. Had a nasty hang-over. Heh, come to think of it, I'm slightly drunk right now.

lol wow, i have to many...i was a little boy when my dad gave me my 1st beer....but the 1st time i actually got so plastered, that i threw up, and threw up when i woke up the next day...was on my 18th birthday...

my friends decided to throw me a party at there house, so me and my little brother and sister went too, they were like 15 & 13 at the time. I was taking straight shots of Cuervo (however you spell it) and tequilla...no chasers no limes or salt....

i was drinking it to fast...i was taking shot after shot after shot with just half an hour.

i remember...me and my friend laying on the pourch, throwing up over it. then 2 girls picked me up...brought me to a tree, and told me to hug the tree cause it loved me....so i hugged it with a big "YAY!!!"

i passed out on the floor....they took me to the bathroom....i layed over the toilet....my hands IN THE TOILET WATER...i was almost in the damn water...throwing up.

my sister drove me home (without a liscence) and this was when i was a senior in highschool...when i still lived with my parents. So i had to try to...act like i wasn't drunk and head down to my bedroom without them thinking i was drunk....

well my dad was a cop for all his life, and is now a private investigater...so what does that tell you? he knows when someone is under the influence of anything, he was an undercover cop for several years dealing. So getting downstairs was virtually im-fucking possible. He knew i was drunk...cause i couldnt get down a flight of stairs for shit. he says

"Son, are you drunk!!"

i said,

"No..."

BARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i tried to hold it in as i ran to the bathroom....well i was there for a few hours, my dad yelling at me or something...then he took pictures of me and sent them to my family....well he didn't send them cause i deleted t hem from his camera...

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i was trashed.

I'm too old to remember or care in recalling my first drunk, but it may have been my 12th B-day on Maui, where mom owned a bar. I actually wrote an Engilsh paper on it.
Here's how the day went: Early morning surfing with two cooks from the bar -after 20 mintes, a shark fin skimmed the surface - done surfing! - a few Heinekens and a bag of M&M's on the ride home - a shot of Wild Turkey when getting to the bar - a shot of Lemon Heart Rum shortly after - nap time....

Here's a cute vid clip on the subject that reminds me of the old days when drinking to get lipped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O5h-xWpro

...by some.
At about the 1/3 mark, it doesn't matter what the lable says.

I would think the feeling in the eyes was worse than the throat.
1/3 of a two-six. not a sixty. i think he had sixties. they could be forties. which is still hella-hefty.

still, those were massive gulps. i've seen people take in sick amounts of hard alcohol in slowly. not like that. not massive gulps. one massive gulp shakes me up a bit. two consecutive ones throw me off. he had like seven going during ONE of the chugs. jeeeez.

stormo: meth

I like how the bottles float around like pool toys and dude is sporting leather. No posing there! Mom seems to be a mess too. Probably drinks milk and vodka and has yellow finger tips.
It's a good thing I never went anywhere in music...I would have done the same, but probably would include a roof mounted skeet flinger with poolside 12ga.

It's good I don't get drunk anymore ;)