2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to both of them too. Psychopathy Red is a good song, it sounds better than anything on Christ Illusion. I saw that video on youtube where some of the Megadeth dudes talked shit and played one of the new songs on the background. It sounded cool. And it was clearly thrash metal.

HATESPHERE
Danish drunkards new album: "To The Nines" will be released via Napalm Records on the following dates:

March 25 - Finland, Spain
March 27 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, France, Italy, Sweden
March 30 - Rest of Europe
April 7 - USA, Canada

The track listing for the album is as follows:

01. To The Nines
02. Backstabber
03. Cloaked In Shit
04. Clarity
05. Even If It Kills Me
06. Commencing A Campaign
07. The Writing's On The Wall
08. In The Trenches
09. Aurora
10. Oceans Of Blood

Damn, I almost forgot that Vader's putting out a new album this year too. I heard it will be produced by Tue Madsen and it's called "Necropolis".

Australian black metal band Nazxul has put up two new, unmastered tracks from their long-awaited Iconoclast on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/nazxul

Their blog on MySpace says it will be released in 2009, but there's no date.

Australian black metal band Nazxul has put up two new, unmastered tracks from their long-awaited Iconoclast on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/nazxul

Their blog on MySpace says it will be released in 2009, but there's no date.

:kickass: I am fucking sold, this shit is epic as hell and not even mastered properly yet. Cheers Omni.

Australia is becoming a productive little scene for black metal. Just when I left the country too.... hmmm....

I'm listening to the new Absu leak now and I was just wondering, is this really the cover? It's on m-a and I can't decide if it's cool or gay.

EDIT: I'll buy this.

220720.jpg

I looked through this thread and tried to make a list with any bands who may be releasing an album this year and haven't been mentioned. Sorry if there are any repeats, and keep in mind that a few of these are merely speculation:

-Belphegor- (writing/recording (hopefully) soon)
-1349- Revelations of the Black Flame- (released sometime in first half of '09)
-Nachtmystium- Doomsday Derelicts EP (early 09)
-Nile- new album due in summer/fall this year
-Derepit Birth- Polarity (summer '09)
-Akercocke- announced that they are writing material for 6th studio album...but no promises on officail date.
-Suffocation- Blood Oath is coming out SOMETIME this year.
-Obscura- Cosmogenesis 2-17-09
-Spinal Tap- (sometime this year) ;P

I looked through this thread and tried to make a list with any bands who may be releasing an album this year and haven't been mentioned. Sorry if there are any repeats, and keep in mind that a few of these are merely speculation:

-Belphegor- (writing/recording (hopefully) soon)
-1349- Revelations of the Black Flame- (released sometime in first half of '09)
-Nachtmystium- Doomsday Derelicts EP (early 09)
-Nile- new album due in summer/fall this year
-Derepit Birth- Polarity (summer '09)
-Akercocke- announced that they are writing material for 6th studio album...but no promises on officail date.
-Suffocation- Blood Oath is coming out SOMETIME this year.
-Obscura- Cosmogenesis 2-17-09
-Spinal Tap- (sometime this year) ;P

new 1349 sweet

Anaal Nathrakh are recording some new shit and that's fucking schweet
Behemoth are also in the studio
It's nice that Nile, Suffocation, Belphegor and Megadeth are recording some new shit, too :) Hope their new records will be at least as good as their last ones

new Isole album:
Full-length, Napalm records
February 25th, 2009

Release date set for "Silent ruins"
25.02.09 - Finland
27.02.09 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, France, Italy, Sweden
02.03.09 - Europe
03.03.09 - USA / Canada
1. From The Dark
2. Forlorn
3. Nightfall
4. Hollow Shrine