2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

Fuckin good news from almighty Behemoth

Polish extreme metal veterans BEHEMOTH are in the final stages of the songwriting process for their upcoming, as-yet-untitled album. The record is tentatively expected sometime in the fall via Metal Blade (USA) and Nuclear Blast (Europe). BEHEMOTH mainman Adam "Nergal" Darski and his bandmates are planning to enter the studio in the middle of February.

Commented Nergal: "As I write this, we have seven songs that are completely written and arranged though there's still leads missing in some of them. It all sounds tight as fuck and very fresh! There are two more songs under working so after New Year break, we should start working on it. I want this album to be very consistent, intense and catchy at the same time. Judging by what what's been composed so far, that's exactly where we are with this new material."

He continued: "Last year was a very productive year for all of us… We've toured U.S., Australia and New Zealand, covered most of prestigious festivals in Europe and invaded virgin markets in Asia: Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia and Thailand. It was also the first time since ages that I managed to take two months off from any band activity. I travelled a lot, recharged my batteries and decompressed myself. I've been collecting ideas, riffs and pieces of lyrics throughout the whole 2008 but it was in October where I seriously kicked my ass and started full on work on the album. It went pretty rough in the very first stages but the more stuff was written the smoother it went.

"I must confess that I'm way more excited about this record than I was for 'The Apostasy'. It's probably the whole label situation that we had to deal back then, Inferno's injury that caused crazy deadlines that completely drained the energy out of my system… I even started treating that album as unwanted child. Weird, because from time perspective, it's a great one. This time though everything was planned much in advanced. I found time to live my life, get some energy back, get inspired and so on… When we met in October it was obvious that all of us were really hungry for making new music. It's definitely 100% BEHEMOTH. I would risk saying that we do have our own style but it's still improving, evolving in different directions every time we approach new project. Most of the songs are the really fast, technical and intense, at the same time there's a lot of diversity. There's even a very slow, massive song that's probably the most epic tracks in BEHEMOTH's history. Everything sounds more serious and…dangerous (I love that word, ha ha). There's probably more sinister vibe in our music this time too. I'm completely stoked and I just can't wait until we enter the studio!'

Check out new rehearsal photos by Krzysztof "Sado" Sadowski at this location (free MySpace registration may be required to view pictures).

New Samael album:

Happy​ new year every​one!​

To start​ 2009 with a good step come and check​ "​Illum​inati​on"​ the first​ song from S A M A E L's new album​ "​Above​"​ on the band offic​ial MySpa​ce page:​ www. myspa​ce.​ com/​samae​l

Compl​ete track​ list is as follo​w:​ "​Under​ One Flag"​ - "​Virtu​al War" - "​Polyg​ames"​ - "​Earth​ Count​ry"​ - "​Illum​inati​on"​ - "​Black​ Hole"​ - "In There​"​ - "​Dark Side"​ - "​God'​s Snake​"​ - "On The Top Of It All"​.​

The album​ will be relea​se on the 6th of March​ 2009!​

Listen to the new track here: http://www.myspace.com/samael

Based on the new song they may be following through on their promise to bring back some of the old sound. This has a lot more Black Metal in it than recent efforts, but who knows what the rest of the album will sound like. Time will tell.

New Samael album:

Listen to the new track here: http://www.myspace.com/samael

Based on the new song they may be following through on their promise to bring back some of the old sound. This has a lot more Black Metal in it than recent efforts, but who knows what the rest of the album will sound like. Time will tell.

an awesome band. Never liked thier industrial phase but the new song slays

You know, I really didn't like Solar Soul, but Reign of Light was a pretty good album. Some of the songs on that album fucking grooved.

I don't have headphones currently, but I'll check out that new song as soon as I get the chance.

In February Southern Lord will proudly release the vinyl only version of the new Wolves In The Throne Room EP entitled Malevolent Grain, featuring two brand new tracks from the Pacific Northwest organic black metallers. Conspiracy Records will offer a limited edition picture disc of the 12" for Europe, while Southern Lord will release a black 180-gram version worldwide. Additionally the band will press a limited CD version for tour purposes only. The EP features the band's newly designed logo crafted by renowned artist Christophe Szpajdel, designer of black metal band logos for Kult Ov Azazel, Emperor, Moonspell and other international acts.

The third WITTR full-length Black Cascade will follow, to be released on March 31st on Southern Lord Records. More info will follow soon on this wholly organic black-drone masterwork. Both the EP and the full-length were recorded to 2-inch tape by Randall Dunn and Mell Dettmer in Seattle this Winter. The new recordings are the first to feature their new guitar player Will Lindsay (Middian) who had previously served as the band's touring bass player, in addition to longtime members, brothers Nathan and Aaron Weaver.

The band will tour Europe beginning in late January, along with three select US dates. More extensive touring through 2009 is also imminent. In addition to the new EP, other new merch for this tour includes a Live At Roadburn 2008 12" record, which also includes a DVD and is being released by Burning World Records.

1/16/2009 The Underground Events Center (benefit for victims of the Green Scare) - Seattle, WA
1/17/2009 The Big Room - Olympia, WA w/Mt. Eerie
1/22/2009 Vera Groningen (Net)
1/23/2009 Jaz Rostock (Ger)
1/24/2009 Loppen Copenhagen (Den)
1/25/2009 Cassiopeia Berlin (Ger)
1/27/2009 Dna Brussels (Bel)
1/28/2009 Underworld London (Uk)
1/29/2009 The Croft Bristol (Uk)
1/30/2009 Busk Birmingham (Uk)
2/02/2009 Engine Rooms Brighton (Uk)
2/03/2009 Boule Noir Paris (Fra)
2/04/2009 Heretic Club Bordeaux (Fra)
2/05/2009 El Balcon De La Lola Bilbao (Spa)
2/06/2009 Sala Whippoorwill Oviedo (Spa)
2/07/2009 Porto-rio Porto (Por)
2/08/2009 Ritmo Y Compas Madrid (Spa)
2/11/2009 Magnolia Milan (Ita)
2/12/2009 Circolo Degli Artisti Rome (Ita)
2/13/2009 Cage Club Livorno (Ita)
2/15/2009 Kunstverein Nurnberg (Ger)
2/16/2009 Klub 007 Prague (Cze)
2/17/2009 Arena Vienna (Aus)
2/18/2009 Beatpol Dresden (Ger)
2/19/2009 Scheldapen Antwerp (Bel)
2/20/2009 W2 Den Bosch (Net)
2/21/2009 Festung Bitterfeld (Ger)
2/28/2009 Masquerade @ Atlanta Metal Festival - Atlanta, GA
~gR~

I don't wanna get everyone pissed off, like last time i mentioned them:p, but Devildriver will be releasing their fourth album some time this year. Also i have heard rumours to the effect of a new Ensiferum album if anyone is interested.

Also...i don't wanna make anyone jealous, buti've already heard the new Kreator album and it's awesome! As is the new Napalm Death album! GET BOTH OF THEM!

Also...i don't wanna make anyone jealous, buti've already heard the new Kreator album and it's awesome! As is the new Napalm Death album! GET BOTH OF THEM!

Yes both are very good.

EDIT @ Ozzman: IMO they just get better with every album they release.

CANDLEMASS 'Death Magic Doom' (March 27, Nuclear Blast, Doom-Metal)

Tracklist:

01. If I Ever Die
02. Hammer Of Doom
03. The Bleeding Baroness
04. Demon Of The Deep
05. House Of 1000 Voices
06. Dead Angel
07. Clouds Of Dementia
08. My Funeral Dreams