2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

How to create Dio lyrics:

1) come up with catchy-sounding song title

Example: "Bible Black"

2) create a quickie "story" surrounding said song title

Example: OMG I found this booked called the BIBLE BLACK, which is like the Bible only EVIL, and now that I've started reading it I can't put it away because it's TAKING OVER MY MIIIIIINDDD :devil:

3) bask in renown as the sophisticated minds of the metal community devour your amazingly deep lyrical content and praise you for your "metaphors"

Dread - Buried In Narcissism (Doom Metal; Menace to Sobriety Records) May 19th, 2009

300.jpg

1. Contemplating Suicide or Murder
2. Unrecognizable Weakness
3. Introduction To Incompetence
4. Depths Of Your Flaws
5. Ringworm Migration
6. Repugnant
7. Buried In Narcissism
8. Crush My Soul
9. Seperate
10. Premeditated Cruelty

What? His vocals in Rainbow and '80s Sabbath are clearly not sung that painfully slowly, nor do they frequently stray off-key. You're just making stuff up.

He definitely tends to extend notes, sing off-key, shout and enunciate in unusual ways on every Black Sabbath album that he appears on. It isn't something that he just started doing, like I said earlier.

Example: OMG I found this booked called the BIBLE BLACK, which is like the Bible only EVIL, and now that I've started reading it I can't put it away because it's TAKING OVER MY MIIIIIINDDD :devil:

3) bask in renown as the sophisticated minds of the metal community devour your amazingly deep lyrical content and praise you for your "metaphors"

Good song btw. Heaven & Hell for the fucking win totally. Nothing wrong with Dio's voice man. He sings the way he sings. Get use to it. If you don't like it don't listen to his shit. Hes a great singer. Listen to the albums; Holy Diver, Mob Rules, The Devil You Know (Recent), Heaven and Hell. Thats just only a selected few.

Listen to the albums; Holy Diver, Mob Rules, The Devil You Know (Recent), Heaven and Hell. Thats just only a selected few.

OMG Dio did all that?? I better go listen to those quick!

Especially this Devil You Know one. I can't wait to hear what Dio sounds like now!!

He definitely tends to extend notes, sing off-key, shout and enunciate in unusual ways on every Black Sabbath album that he appears on. It isn't something that he just started doing, like I said earlier.

Sure, to a limited extent, but not to the point that he sounds like he's half asleep like on TDYK.

Um...this tends to be metal in a nutshell, lyrically...sometimes, it's even much worse. Who cares?

I have a feeling that was far more prominent in the late '70s and '80s what with all the hard/arena rock and glam stuff going on, but yeah I realise Dio isn't 'unique' in that regard.

^ Truth. It's especially worth caring about when the production style puts so much damn emphasis on the vocals as TDYK does. Seriously, I don't want to become that intimately acquainted with Dio's latest generic ramblings about gloom, doom and demons. :erk:

thematic trends in lyrics help out with understanding the drives and mindsets behind metal's various phenomenons, and obviously this works on a band by band level as well, although less so because a lot of specific instances are really badly articulated.

Still waiting for new Ahab
RELEASE DATES "The Divinity Of Oceans"
Suomi Finland Perkele: 22.07.09
Espana: 22.07.09
Deutschland: 24.07.09
Österreich: 24.07.09
Schweiz: 24.07.09
France: 24.07.09
Italia: 24.07.09
Sverige: 24.07.09
Rest Of Europe: 27.07.09
Canada: 28.07.09
USA: 28.07.09

Delain - April Rain (Gothic/Symphonic metal - Roadrunner records) - already out (March 30 I believe)