2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

New Nile is going to rape tho! And I might give Skitliv a spin to see what poor old Maniac has done with his career (anyone remember his interview to Norwegian TV when he made a complete fool of himself when asked about his on-stage antics?)

248370.jpg

November 6th

Okay, not sure if this one was mentioned in the thread already (to be honest, I'm too fucking lazy to look through a month's worth of crap to find out) but the new Krallice will be out in November.

Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough

01. Dimensional Bleedthrough
02. Autocthon
03. Aridity
04. The Mountain
05. Intraum
06. [untitled]
07. Monolith Of Possession

I've been looking forward to this one for awhile now.

I don't know what to say....maybe i'm an old grumbling ass but:

- new Nile is good but nothing new;
- new Dying Fetus .......well...it have groove tasty moments but that's all. Killing on adrenalin the best!
- new Immortal....heh....I'm a great fan of At the heart of the winter. But their new release......It's good,profesional,melodic....But what the hell? Where is their "nordic" atmosphere?
- new Gorgoroth quite differs from their albums. And now they like a billion others black metal bands :(

That was some of the worst grammar I've seen today.

:) I'm sorry. I'll mend. U should give me another chance. :rolleyes:

I agree with the Nile statement but new Immortal rules.

Well....I don't know how to explain my opinion more correctly. Immortal always differs from other black metal bands by using invisible "nothern" atmosphere.I've been waiting this album seven years. And what have we get? Melodic? Yes.High quality?Yes. But where is atmosphere? Unfotunately I didn't see it :(

So Amorphis came out with a new album this year, haven't seen much discussion of it. I honestly think its fucking great, a very beautiful piece of work. And some of the riffs are so goddamn catchy, like the opening riff of Silver Bride, for instance. Discuss please.

I think it was already discussed. If you like new Amorphis, you loved it. If you think they pussied out with the newer sound, then you hated it.

Yeah, you hated it.

I, on the other hand, loved it; awesome music and very epic feel. And Esa really pulled out all the stops on this one. Great riffs as usual, but he also played some great solos.