A new toxic grind machine song up... last one!

Really cool song although i really don't like the fast death metal blastbeat parts. The opening riff is awesome. I really liked the synth intro/outro you did and also the synth arpeggio part. The mix sounds pretty good to my ears.
I, too, mix mainly with headphones and A/B comparison like you. I find it easier.

so whats the trick here......you have shitty headphones....but your mix is pretty badass.......you pretty much do everything that ppl on this board would say is wrong....but yet it still comes out good........are you just that good?

good stuff though

so whats the trick here......you have shitty headphones....but your mix is pretty badass.......you pretty much do everything that ppl on this board would say is wrong....but yet it still comes out good........are you just that good?

good stuff though

Hahaha... nah man, im not that good, it's just that my ears are 90% used to the cans, that if i A/B a mix with mine, i can get pretty far with just the headphones...

I must add, i have a old pioneer amp in the chain as well... so headphones -> pioneer amp -> soundcard.

BTW, im not claiming that it's not better to mix on monitors, and that cans are just as good to mix on...
Yesterday i did a mix of another band, purely on headphones, and today.. i did the same song on the monitors, and i did notice some differences, which i only could hear on the monitors...

The way i want to work from now on, record everything, and then mix it on the monitors first... then the headphones looking for stereo problems, reverb tails, etc... fixing the small stuff... and then back to the monitors for a final mix.

pretty good stuffs

i downloaded the introgm and at the end, there is a music sounding in the background of the song... did that for that purpose or anything weird happened?

nice guitar tone!

hey man

damm... i downloaded the cell600 and that's an song!!! while listening to it i had great ideas for vocals... have you a singer ? could i do some vocals for that song someday?!

i loved that man!

*edit* visit my space page and hear the song called carater, i do the vocals/guitars in the band!

hey man

damm... i downloaded the cell600 and that's an song!!! while listening to it i had great ideas for vocals... have you a singer ? could i do some vocals for that song someday?!

i loved that man!

*edit* visit my space page and hear the song called carater, i do the vocals/guitars in the band!

Hey cheers dude!

At the end of introTGM, i put in the theme song of the love boat... haha.. i will cut that out in the final version offcourse, just for fun... :cool:

As far as vocals go... all the TGM songs are going to have vocals man... it will be very cool once all is done, a new mix, new guitars, better drums, real bass, two singers! so that's taken care off...

Im checking your stuff out now... now that's a WALL of guitars and some brutal vocal stuff! very nice!

i dont like the snare
it sounds like hitting my trash barrel (made of plastic) upside down
with a broom stick

nice everything else tho

Yeah man... im still in between as well... i do dig the snare, but i get what you are saying...
so far there are people that dislike that snare, and some love it...

Fuckin-A tweety, that was cool.

I have a couple guitar questions for you;

What tuning? What gauge strings? (I assumed it was a seven string, shocked to see it's not.)

Upload a guitar patch so I can steal it! :D

OK, so that last one wasn't a question. Meh.

Finally got around to listening to this...

Very impressive stuff, Bob! Good writing, well performed, and killer guitar tone...
..especially since it's coming out of a Pod!

-0z-

Thanks Splatt!

Fuckin-A tweety, that was cool.

I have a couple guitar questions for you;

What tuning? What gauge strings? (I assumed it was a seven string, shocked to see it's not.)

Upload a guitar patch so I can steal it! :D

OK, so that last one wasn't a question. Meh.

allright, the guitar is a gibson explorer gothic (im emo!) not a 7 string though...

It's played in dropped C, which is pretty high for my liking, since i like to tune the strings lower then that, but the reason bass is kinda forcing me to stick with the C tuning, otherwise, the bass sounds like shit.

I use D'addario strings, 0.10's... and check out the first page of this thread dude, i uploaded the patch for those who want to test it/use it... :headbang:

Aaah.. the Ozmeister had a listen as well? :headbang:
cool man, and thanks!

Ahh damn, yeah, I see it now. :p

I tune to drop C as well, but this sounded lower to me. Right now I'm using the DR JH-10 set, it's got a 56 6th string. I was using 10-52's, but I like these better so far. I started fooling around with tuning down to B, but that 56 starts to get pretty floppy going down that far. I was thinking about going to a less-expensive 10-52 set & then buying a .58 6th. I've tried the Zakk Wylde set, but the bottom two are a little too heavy for me.

Is the bass a four-string? I use a five & tune it up to drop C. (Does that make it "raised C"?) ;)

Bass is fully recorded with reason 3... a free bass plugin helped a lot:

Propellerhead

Afterwards i cut some mid out, add some low, compress it and voila...

Hahah, nice! I made those bass samples, but I'd honestly never thought they'd come to any use, if you think at the "normal" clientel who's using rebirth. Or am I being a prejudice prick now? ;)

Funny thing about that little Propellerhead thing, was that the drumkit (sucks ass btw) inspired Propellerhead to do their Real Drumkit.

Thanks man for using the bass =) Even though it just goes down to C. It's a 4-string btw. Cheap shit with absolutely no natural basstone, so it's great to distort.

Hahah, nice! I made those bass samples, but I'd honestly never thought they'd come to any use, if you think at the "normal" clientel who's using rebirth. Or am I being a prejudice prick now? ;)

Funny thing about that little Propellerhead thing, was that the drumkit (sucks ass btw) inspired Propellerhead to do their Real Drumkit.

Thanks man for using the bass =) Even though it just goes down to C. It's a 4-string btw. Cheap shit with absolutely no natural basstone, so it's great to distort.

Sup the dude... (inspired by Lebowski?)

I really dig that bass though... bummer that it does not really go any lower then C (well it does... but then it begins to sound indefined to me) but really, the bass is damn usefull to fill up that low end, you know?

I have heard some people do some meshuggah stuff with it, and it really lends itself perfect for that style of music...

So cheers for that package... love the synths, the drums, but the best part is the bass... sounds weird on it's own, but is great in a mix in my opinion.

So don't thank me dude, i should thank you, since the samples are for free, usefull, and are recorded well! :kickass:

The dude:

What is your further role in the music industry btw? did you do more stuff like that clawfinger stuff and that real drumkit?

When the studio's called "Fear And Loathing Studios", you kinda have to have "The Dude" somewhere ;))

I do productions, when there's time. I still do clawfinger full time. In between our own stuff I've done some productions/mixing and such. I did the last albums for Face Down Sweden and Construcdead. Will do their next albums too.

Did some betatesting for DFHS a couple of years ago.