About me leaving Bloodbath

BastardSonOfGod said:
what???? have you ever heard Ribspreader, Edge Of Sanity, Pan-Thy-Monium, Infestdead????... Yeah, that's the rock man making some death metal...

I never said he couldn't make great death metal. Dan's one of my favorite all-time musicians, and I have every album he's ever been a part of. But, ask him yourself; in his heart, he's more of a Nightingale guy than a Bloodbath guy. He clearly still wants to make the occasional metal album, and it's a bummer the Katatonia guys thought he wanted to go in a nonbrutal direction.

a day will come... and on this day all you angry guys will regret what you just said...

Unicorn said:
We don't have all the details, we just know what was posted on the internet.
I'm a big Swanö fan for 15 years, and so I'm a Katatonia fan. The way it was presented was not the luckiest, but I'm shure it wasn't a random "kick someone out of the band"
Swanö wasn't getting personal in his post, but the fans are getting personal, and that's ignorant, without knowing the details. That pisses me off.
You have the option to not buy the upcoming Bloodbath albums instead of bashing Jonas and Anders personally.
Dan, Anders, Jonas - Good luck

ehhh, EMO?

Damnit damnit damnit!

Bloodbath didn't need this :(

First Åkerfeldt - then Tägtgren and now Swäno. Axenrot getting the axe next? I thought you all were IRL friends? And here I was expecting the DVD to come out - certainly not this! I guess this project was never meant to pull it off...

Ok, everything seems so clear back here but I know it isn't so I'm not going to take sides. I would really love to see BB on tour nevertheless - knowing their standards.

In any case DAN YOUR WORK WILL BE MISSED! Not every fan is writing in these forums ;)

Drunk & Depressed...

Blakkheim said:
why would we be?! this aint zum highschool playground...
as previously indicated in the official statement, we wish swanö the best in whatever he decides to do. thank u.

aw damnit, we'll never get that Bloodbath member Cage Match now :cry:

Baletempest said:
...yes because you have any control over the band...

actually, as the band's fans, we have quite a bit of control as a group if we all got together and protested.

See, from the label standpoint, a band is a product that they sell. We, as the fans of the band, are the customers and consumers of said product, whether it be in the form of the newest cd, tshirts and hoodies, or even concert tickets. If the band does something that a bunch or all of their fans don't like, the band becomes less marketable to the label. Take In Flames for example. Their new material has struck sour with a lot of older fans while gaining new fans. they have gained more fans as a result, but a lot of people in the underground are still grumbling. It does nothing because the new following compensates completely for the old.

if In Flames did not recieve any new fans as a result of their new material, they would have suffered.

see?

The Poona of Peshwa said:
You aren't much of a fan of the band if you would try to get their label to bully them into reversing a decision.

Where in the hell did I say that?

I'm not suggesting we 'bully' anyone. We are the consumer, and as consumers we do have a voice.

I remember Ben and Jerry's once pulled a flavor of ice cream off the shelves, and when customers complained, they reinstated it.

Simple laws of supply and demand, if people want ice cream with rainbow sprinkles instead of chocolate chips, ice cream companies will cater to that. If bloodbath fans beg for dan back, chances are, there might be some reconsideration...

hmm, creating icecream and creating crushing deathmetal....not a parallel i would draw. I can see your point but realisticly would you want to pressure the band into reversing the decision? They surely wouldnt have the same relationship (yes i know they write independantly), its not a mass produced product that can be turned on and off. Although i don't like what has happened im still in full support of the band and am looking forward to their next release, whenever it may be. Some of my favorite songs were written by Dan but the rest of the tracks were all awesome so i dont see why bloodbath should suffer artisticly as much as everyone seems to think. Although i will reserve judgment until i hear the next bloodbath release (if there is one).

Jinn said:
Where in the hell did I say that?

I'm not suggesting we 'bully' anyone. We are the consumer, and as consumers we do have a voice.

I remember Ben and Jerry's once pulled a flavor of ice cream off the shelves, and when customers complained, they reinstated it.

Simple laws of supply and demand, if people want ice cream with rainbow sprinkles instead of chocolate chips, ice cream companies will cater to that. If bloodbath fans beg for dan back, chances are, there might be some reconsideration...

Oh so you're saying that Bloodbath view their own music as a product... right:rolleyes: Because Bloodbath would really be making Daeth Metal if they wanted to sell records now wouldn't they?

Not Bloodbath, the label.
You pressure the label to make them stimulate the band to reconsider.
They could even do it financially, although that's not what I mean.
I see Jinn's point, after all, music albums ARE products.
I do somehow think that a runition would be kinda forcefully in nature, but maybe it would all sound brilliantly. I would sign a petition, although I'd doubt it would actually help.

Something about this whole thing strikes me as strange.

They just sent Dan an email, he doesn't understand, not too upset by it and then they both post in this thread all "nicey" and "touchy feeley".

Are we supposed to believe they haven't talked since this has happened after all us weenies discussing it and jumping off tall buildings?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I have no idea how close of friends these guys were, but did anyone stop to think this was a possible "publicity stunt"?

Yeah, yeah I know, total wishful thinking on my part. But there is some demented logic in my stream of thought :) :) :)

Heavenscent said:
Not Bloodbath, the label.
You pressure the label to make them stimulate the band to reconsider.

But thats not what he said he ment... even tough its excatly what he said, I was adressing his second post. In any case, you all vastly overestimate how much power lables have over bands... or for that matter fans. Metalica are still on EMI even though their last 3 albums haven't sold as meny copies between them as The Black Album did and they're still making shitty radio-rock. Therion hardly got dropped after Deiggal failed to shift as many copies as Viovon, The Gathering didn't get dropped after How To Measuer a Planet? even though it sold very badly by contrast to Mandylion and Nighttime Birds... Jeez even if Bloodbath were dropped alltogether because of poor sales then they'd still get picked up by someone else and aside from threatening to drop a band what can a lable do? What can fans do other than not buy an album? Nothing. You have no power so stop deluding yourself that you do, radio friendly lables might be swayed if 1/4 of a million people don't buy an album but when you're not expecting to shift more than 5 figures worth of an album sales become all that more obselete, so long as you amke the costs back... and since that usually only requires about 1000 odd people to buy an album I really doubt that any of you can possibly organise (what Im guessing) around 95% of Bloodbath's fanbase to boycott them.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who signes any such petition is far too concerned with whose in the band and not what they sound like... pousers.

Baletempest said:
As far as I'm concerned anyone who signes any such petition is far too concerned with whose in the band and not what they sound like... pousers.

And losing Dan will not help them sound any better.

Baletempest said:
But thats not what he said he ment... even tough its excatly what he said, I was adressing his second post. In any case, you all vastly overestimate how much power lables have over bands... or for that matter fans. Metalica are still on EMI even though their last 3 albums haven't sold as meny copies between them as The Black Album did and they're still making shitty radio-rock. Therion hardly got dropped after Deiggal failed to shift as many copies as Viovon, The Gathering didn't get dropped after How To Measuer a Planet? even though it sold very badly by contrast to Mandylion and Nighttime Birds... Jeez even if Bloodbath were dropped alltogether because of poor sales then they'd still get picked up by someone else and aside from threatening to drop a band what can a lable do? What can fans do other than not buy an album? Nothing. You have no power so stop deluding yourself that you do, radio friendly lables might be swayed if 1/4 of a million people don't buy an album but when you're not expecting to shift more than 5 figures worth of an album sales become all that more obselete, so long as you amke the costs back... and since that usually only requires about 1000 odd people to buy an album I really doubt that any of you can possibly organise (what Im guessing) around 95% of Bloodbath's fanbase to boycott them.

Metallica is still on EMI and allowed to do whatever the hell they want because they STILL sell albums in vast numbers throughout their entire discography, their first five at least are certified platinum, and they still sell out STADIUMS.

Call us posers if you want, but 1/3 of Nightmares Made Flesh was penned by Dan Swano. Considering that, it is a big concern of 'who's in the band' because songwriting will take a major hit. I loved Dan's tracks on NMF, and I love his general style and sound in Bloodbath. Now with him gone, that style is now gone from Bloodbath. Not to say that Anders and Jonas don't have some fucking brutal shit [because they do], but all I am pointing out is that songs like 'Eaten' and 'Brave New Hell' show a signature sound of Dans that fit so well within the albums.

So if showing concern for band politics make us posers, then I guess that's what I am. Sorry for loving the music I listen to.

You can't compare the economics of a band like Metallica to a band like Bloodbath simply because Metallica is more marketable and brings in bigger profits. The members are millionaires from not only album sales, but clothing, ornaments, action figures, concert tickets, endorsements, and any other shit they sell with their logo on it. Bloodbath on the other hand, let's see... All merch helps support the band, they have a grand total of ONE official endorsement, and last I checked, Dan still had a day job.

You see, it's not about what kind of music sounds appealing to just you. It's about what is appealing to the general population. I for one think that Metallica started producing garbage after their fourth album, yet that doesn't stop the general public from selling out football stadiums to see them play.

With a band like bloodbath, the fanbase is, sadly, a fraction of what Metallica's is, and therefore the economics and politics of the band are more intimate, and with a more intimate fanbase comes more of a voice.

If you're in a local band and you have about 12 people in your fanbase, and they say 'this sucks and it's really affecting your sound' you're going to probably take that into consideration, because if you don't, you might LOSE those fans and get kicked out of the music hall.

We are the consumers, and if we don't like a product, we won't buy it. If the majority of a target audience does not buy a product, they will either drop the product or MODIFY IT.

Hell, do you know how many people wanted Mike on stage at Wacken 05?

Guess who fronted Bloodbath at Wacken....

so everyone who cheered at Mike's return is suddenly a poser by your logic?

Pathetic.