Aggressive Power Metal Bands...

You think that because I've only been on the forum for a month that I have only been listening to metal as long? lol.

Explain to me how exactly a large number of posts makes you more qualified in anything at all.

Apparently having a ton of forum posts does not help with your ability to form less than flaky arguments.

Teh Grimarse said:
you have 13 posts.

you've been here for a month.

do you think you are already qualified to start telling people who've been here for several years what you think of them?

Actually, this was your question.

I did not know you had to be "qualified" to voice your opinion on people who deliberately come to the forum to talk trash. You've been here since January. Are you qualified? If so...what are the qualifications that you meet?

Is it that you have ">100 posts"? Boy, that sure is an arbitrary number. If you can pick a number like that, than so can I. I say you have to have 17. Therefore, I'm qualified.

;)

Look who's retarded. Well, everyone else, look who's retarded. I'll get you a mirror in a minute, zim.

Dodens Grav said:
I don't post my essays for your satisfaction. I don't know WHY I do it, but it sure as hell isn't for you.

You imply that you wrote that essay

I hope you are still in high school buddy because that essay wouldn't cut the mustard elsewhere. One source oh how well researched of you.

Actually if I got this from a student in final year of high school I would probably just light it on fire. The lazy shits can put in more effort than that, especially as it looks like you are using the MLA reference system (which I could be wrong about, but it does look very MLA to me) which suggests to me you haven’t even read past page fucking one of the work you cited.

But thanks for showing off with your lazily researched essay. Tremendous.

Edit
ahahaha ITS NOT EVEN A TEXT ITS A WEBSITE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

petehis kahn said:
You imply that you wrote that essay

I hope you are still in high school buddy because that essay wouldn't cut the mustard elsewhere. One source oh how well researched of you.

Actually if I got this from a student in final year of high school I would probably just light it on fire. The lazy shits can put in more effort than that, especially as it looks like you are using the MLA reference system (which I could be wrong about, but it does look very MLA to me) which suggests to me you haven’t even read past page fucking one of the work you cited.

But thanks for showing off with your lazily researched essay. Tremendous.

Way to miss the point of the essay. The assignment actually called for NO research. What I did was extra. This was for a Principles Of Literary Study course taught by Professor John McClure, on which I received an A. The assignment was merely to write a response to the novel, not a research paper. It's actually a very straightforward paper that requires very little research for anyone that has read the book, which is not included in the works cited because it is a given. It's not "lazily researched" because it's not a research paper. Do you understand that? I can show you actual research papers I've written if you'd like, including one on the influence of the Norwegian environment on the creation of the Black Metal ideology.

Also, what relevance does the MLA format have to do with effort and the amount of research put into something? It's the standard format for literary papers, in case you were not aware, and is what my professors insist that I use. If you're implying that you're a teacher, then I'm very glad that I've never had you. You seem to be more angry about my other posts and decided to attack an extraneous, irrelevant post in rage for really no reason. Think what you want of my work, because it's meaningless. I've already received my grade on it from the person that matters (e.g. the person teaching the course that actually understands the context of the paper, not a random fuckstick on the internet (i.e. you)). Nice try though, you almost seemed to make sense until you equated MLA formatting with a lack of effort and minimal research, as if the two are correlated.

Calm down friend I was only trying to help you become a better student :) :).

MLA is fine I wasn't attacking that. I being the optimistic man that I am thought you might have gone into a library and actually opened a book to do your "research" and because MLA requires Authors name, page number (good for English obviously) it looked as if you had gotten all your information from page one. Which makes you look like a lazy toss. Of course I was wrong and you didn't even bother to do that, you instead looked it up on the internet.

Don't use the internet for research, especially a page that is bright blue and looks like it was made by a four year old who found the wikipedia entry for Herodotus. Everything at university level should be researched, obviously *overseas* is different from Australia, but I did some English work back in the day and everything we did had to be researched extensively.

You also spelt Herodotus as Herodatus at least once ;)

petehis kahn said:
Calm down friend I was only trying to help you become a better student :) :).

MLA is fine I wasn't attacking that. I being the optimistic man that I am thought you might have gone into a library and actually opened a book to do your "research" and because MLA requires Authors name, page number (good for English obviously) it looked as if you had gotten all your information from page one. Which makes you look like a lazy toss. Of course I was wrong and you didn't even bother to do that, you instead looked it up on the internet.

Don't use the internet for research, especially a page that is bright blue and looks like it was made by a four year old who found the wikipedia entry for Herodotus. Everything at university level should be researched, obviously *overseas* is different from Australia, but I did some English work back in the day and everything we did had to be researched extensively.

You also spelt Herodotus as Herodatus at least once ;)

The function of literature papers is not to assemble an impressive array of resources to construct an idea for you; it is to create one of your own. That is why literature papers do not have much substantial "research," because that is not the focus of the paper. The focus is on the explication of a novel concept, theme, idea, etc., in a given work. If you see, there is plenty of "research" done from The English Patient. I guess since it's not in the bibliography it doesn't count then though. "All [my] information" was taken from The English Patient except the very little extraneous factoids about Herodotus himself to prove my point, which does not require a substantial work. And if you knew much about Herodotus' personal life, you would know that there is not much at all to know about him. Which is why a simple (though verified) web site is a sufficient source for this particular paper.

On the subject of "don't use the internet for research," however, frankly, that is outdated. As long as you know how to identify a proper source, there is no reason why one could not use the internet. Obviously shit like wikipedia would not count. Oh and way to go on catching an irrelevant typo in the bibliography listing that in no way jeopardizes any aspect of the paper.

You know what annoys me just as much as un-needed recommendation threads?

Threads that go way off topic in an amusingly hypocritical manner.

*Edited to thank Grimace for pre-eminantly adding an important point.

How is wikipedia any different than your source?

I'd still like to see students to open a book in a library that makes me a happy Pete.

Dodens Grav said:
You seem to be more angry about my other posts

Seriously though you might be an impressive troll in this forum but you don't anger me. Go a few forums down to see posts that do verge on making me angry.

But you, I am concerned about your anger.... why are you so angry Dodens Grav, what has the world done to you my pal :)

petehis kahn said:
How is wikipedia any different than your source?

Possibly because, whereas the creator of my source actually has legitimate credentials, all contributors to wikipedia are anonymous.

petehis kahn said:
I'd still like to see students to open a book in a library that makes me a happy Pete.

That's called a research paper. I have done plenty of those as well.

petehis kahn said:
Seriously though you might be an impressive troll in this forum but you don't anger me. Go a few forums down to see posts that do verge on making me angry.

I'm not a troll, I'm just bored and annoyed.

petehis kahn said:
But you, I am concerned about your anger.... why are you so angry Dodens Grav, what has the world done to you my pal :)

The world [read: a dump truck] has totalled my car on the last day of classes for the semester leaving me with no way to get to my finals that begin last week until I'm able to work out an alternative. Among other things. It's not a good time in my life right now. But that's not really it. My posts are exaggerated because I have nothing better [that I plan] to do [right now].

Teh Grimarse said:
the world contains far too many obnoxious douchebuckets for dodens to ever not be angry.

:lol:

I feel better now. I'm going to sleep. I have to take care of my nephew tomorrow and study for finals. And find a way to get there.