Aggressive Power Metal Bands...

earthwormzim said:
That was fun. Talk to you guys later. Happy posting!

Time to either start a new topic, or respond to other topics. Yay!

Megaman%201.JPG

I got back into London too late last night, and the tube had finished. So I got a bus which said King's Cross on it, but it took me further away from King's Cross and dumped me in some area where I was the only white person. I had to get a taxi back because I thought I might be knifed/raped. It was more expensive than planned.

The eighth clause of Charlemagne's First Saxon Capitulary of 782 states that "if henceforth anyone from the people of the Saxons, lurking unbaptised among them, wishes to conceal himself, and scorns to come to baptism, and wishes to remain pagan, he is to be put to death".

earthwormzim said:
Galloglass are decent.

Ender7227...how sweet, Dodens has a fanboy! Is your tongue brown, by any chance?

Did you hear about that metal kid that lives in [anytown], USA that is like way super-famous among the metal crowd because of how many posts he has on a metal forum? Yeah, neither have I.
Hi-fucking-larious. I hate Dodens. He gave me unbelievable amounts of shit when I started, and even when I agree with him it's only reluctantly. But Dodens will defeat you in any war of words. So shut the hell up and quit wasting time fucking with him. It gets annoying when it seems every post I've read by you is filled with anti-Dodens fuckary. Waste your time pissing someone else off where we don't have to see it.
Ass

ender7227 said:
Hi-fucking-larious. I hate Dodens. He gave me unbelievable amounts of shit when I started, and even when I agree with him it's only reluctantly. But Dodens will defeat you in any war of words. So shut the hell up and quit wasting time fucking with him. It gets annoying when it seems every post I've read by you is filled with anti-Dodens fuckary. Waste your time pissing someone else off where we don't have to see it.
Ass

You don't have to see it. Press the back button on your web-browser. Problem solved.

As for the "anti-Dodens fuckary"...he's not special. I would gladly give any shit-talking metal elitist forum troll equal amounts of fuckary.

earthwormzim said:
You don't have to see it. Press the back button on your web-browser. Problem solved.

As for the "anti-Dodens fuckary"...he's not special. I would gladly give any shit-talking metal elitist forum troll an equal amount of fuckary.
True, but you don;t have to have a personal vendetta against him and that;s what it appears you have, considering the sig and all.

But, seriously, Ender7227...you have not exhibited any of the ridiculous behavior that Dodens has, so I don't particularly have a problem with you. You do seem to overestimate Dodens, though.

Just out of curiosity...when you first started, you said Dodens gave you a bunch of shit...what did you do? Did you just sit back and say, "Oh, Dodens, you are right. I mean, you have 4.3 gazillion posts. So you must be right."?

Instead of just letting shit like that fly, I like to have fun with it. I noticed that you took notice to my sig. Haha! Ain't it awesome! Anywho...it will soon change. Just waiting for the next idiot to come along and play the "I'm l33ter than you" bullshit on me.

earthwormzim said:
But, seriously, Ender7227...you have not exhibited any of the ridiculous behavior that Dodens has, so I don't particularly have a problem with you. You do seem to overestimate Dodens, though.

Just out of curiosity...when you first started, you said Dodens gave you a bunch of shit...what did you do? Did you just sit back and say, "Oh, Dodens, you are right. I mean, you have 4.3 gazillion posts. So you must be right."?

Instead of just letting shit like that fly, I like to have fun with it. I noticed that you took notice to my sig. Haha! Ain't it awesome! Anywho...it will soon change. Just waiting for the next idiot to come along and play the "I'm l33ter than you" bullshit on me.
I tried to fight back and finally he shut up once I started knowing what the fuck I was talking about. He hated me and I have to admit I was quite annoying back in the day.

earthwormzim said:
the ridiculous behavior that Dodens

What exactly is this 'ridiculous behavior' you speak of? Belittling people that don't follow simple directions? I see no problem in telling people that do stupid things that they are stupid. Stupid. Things are in place because they have a purpose; a function. The Recommendation Thread is an example. It was put in place in order to maximize the utility of the general output of the board by unclogging the absurd amount of traffic accumulated by the alarming amount of singular recommendation threads. The Recommendation Threads fills every use of any other extraneous recommendation thread, simply with the added bonus that you can browse through various other past recommendations if you so choose.

So what's your problem again?

Don't Sunday drivers piss you off? Someone driving 30 in a 45 zone should be shot, hung, and bled dry (well, that was my opinion way back when I had problems prioritizing my concerns). Nonetheless, I still hate that shit, as I'm sure the rest of you do. But, unfortunately, you can't do anything about it.

But, since then, I've come to terms with my irrational hate for Sunday drivers. They are everywhere, and I'm powerless to do anything about it. I mean, I suppose I could intrude on their lives by following them to their destination and bitching and moaning to them about why they shouldn't drive slowly, as they do. But, I'm not so much of a panzy.

Eh...apparently the cops don't even seem to mind, so the only conclusion I can draw is that it is not that big of an issue. Oh well. To continue worrying about an issue so miniscule would be a lesson in chasing my own tail.

The parallels you should be drawing from this example should be obvious.

Someone who has years of experience on a forum should recognize this phenomenon (the appearance of recommendations threads outside the recommendations thread) as quite commonplace. It really shouldn't bother you. But for whatever reason, it seems like your heart skips 3 beats every time you see one! Even the moderators don't seem to care. So why the fuck do you?

As for this "ridiculous behavior"...your nearly retarded hatred for recommendations threads, and your (un)super-hero like attempt to put an end to them once and for all, by sniffing out all the people that post them, and making fun of them by calling them "gay" or something similar.

"Look, by the desk! It's a lump! It's a terd! No, it's Super Dodens!"

And the fact that you actually think that you opinions somehow mean more than a poster who has 1, 2, or even 3 posts (you too, Teh Grimarse) completely bewilders me!

Lets just say, for the sake of argument, that Arve Isdal decided, one day, to register on this forum, and post or respond to a topic. He officially would have 1 post. But yet, his opinion would be of infinite more value than yours.

(note: I was going to pick someone from Opeth, but I feared that you would wind up spending your next post bitching about how "vn-kvlt" Opeth is and such. So, just for you, I picked someone that maybe considered slightly more "kvlter". And if Isdal is still not "kvlt" enough...just replace him with a random member of Burzum or Abazagorath.)

You want your opinion to count? Unplug yourself from your computer, and pick up a fucking guitar or bass or drumsticks, join a band, and then release a demo. The newfound weight of your opinions will depend upon the quality of your release.

Until you do that, you and I are both merely metal fans. Our opinions are equally worthless.

Way to go...7,900 posts. What a metal hero! You know, I'm willing to bet that there is zero correlation between the number of posts you have on some obscure metal forum, and the weight of you opinion with respect to metal (or anything else, for that matter).

Lastly...do a serach on Google for "forum etiquette"...read a few of the results. You should notice that a few of the most prevailent points are: 1) Stay on topic, 2) Be courteous to newcomers (i.e., no flaming, etc), and 3) Read the forum before posting, as your questions may already be answered.

You seem to be all over point #3, but seem to ignore the others. Why?

Seriously...what gives? People come here to have fun. Why do people listen to metal? Because it is fun. Because it is interesting. They don't come here to be ridiculed. Why do you do that? What are you, 13? Oh yeah, I guess because of how "grim and kvlt" you are, fun is not allowed.

It's idiots like you, with your "I'm grimmer and kvlter than you" attitude that cause people to stop coming to this site. And for what? What is the fucking point?

(My comparison at top, with the Sunday drivers may not be such a good example...but, you all should still get the point).