Alexi and Roope both suck now...really bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with HCDR. Bodom sucks now, my only hope lies in Sinergy. Bodom was my favorite band, I was obsessed with them until AYDY hit. The new fans fucking suck, and it's obvious alot of you people posting are some of them. You all joined this forum in 2006. You just don't know how it was back then. Some of you MAY have liked them years back, but I doubt it's more than 10%, probably less. To have seen what they were, to what they are now....it's disgraceful. Keep your head up high HCDR.

j0tun said:
I agree with HCDR. Bodom sucks now, my only hope lies in Sinergy. Bodom was my favorite band, I was obsessed with them until AYDY hit. The new fans fucking suck, and it's obvious alot of you people posting are some of them. You all joined this forum in 2006. You just don't know how it was back then. Some of you MAY have liked them years back, but I doubt it's more than 10%, probably less. To have seen what they were, to what they are now....it's disgraceful. Keep your head up high HCDR.
+1

Nikotiini said:
he's also a human being... you people are all messed up if you think that they have to be "PERFECT!!!!!!!!" every time. Thats not how life works. So they had a bad gig...big deal.

? That's what i've been saying!

I said it would be cool if they nailed everything but if they don't i'm not going to cry about it...

HateCrewDeathroll said:
Flawless? Tokyo Warhearts was flawless, passage to the reaper was flawless, and maybe this vid is "flawless", but is this what we've come to? When I got the mag earlier yesterday, I got mad excited to see the cd-rom. and then i watched it and I was let down, the two best guitar players team in the world is suckin it up with some shitty riffs. coming from suicide by my side and passage, it's hard to believe what the music sounds like in 2006. I guess it's just really hittin me hard now.

inhe, fuck you, Bodom is my favorite band...but this is the first time I've been embarrassed to say that

Tokyo Warhearts was not flawless. Passage to the Reaper was not flawless. You have to understand that mistakes are part of live playing. That video you posted was probably done in 10 minutes, and I think they played great.

j0tun said:
good lookin out. these newbies are idiots. We've been around, we know what's good and what's not, and this video of AYDY teachings.......is not

_DJ_british_motard_ said:
i dont think bodoms guitar parts is hard, even on their old cds. Their rythmn was never hard to play and the solos, well, after 2 years of playing you can almost play them all

So a song can't be good, if it is easy to play? If thats what you, and some other people here think, you have a lot to learn in music.

j0tun said:

This forum is full of Bodom noobs who would eat a turd if Alexi called it an album. It all went downhill after Trashed Lost and Strungout came out when Alexi decided not to play the hard stuff (Trashed, Knuckleduster, Kissing the Shadow, etc), because at that moment he decided not to WRITE the hard stuff anymore. If You Want Peace... is such a killer song, how can you simply not play it live? They used to play hard ass songs like Warheart. Now the setlist is so easy that Alexi can get wasted b4 and after evey show. HCDR's point is that back when the old live album was released, Alexi had higher standards (and there are tons of vids that prove he used to perform better live). The real fans should expect more from their favorite band.

MasqueReaper said:
This forum is full of Bodom noobs who would eat a turd if Alexi called it an album. It all went downhill after Trashed Lost and Strungout came out when Alexi decided not to play the hard stuff (Trashed, Knuckleduster, Kissing the Shadow, etc), because at that moment he decided not to WRITE the hard stuff anymore. If You Want Peace... is such a killer song, how can you simply not play it live? They used to play hard ass songs like Warheart. Now the setlist is so easy that Alexi can get wasted b4 and after evey show. HCDR's point is that back when the old live album was released, Alexi had higher standards (and there are tons of vids that prove he used to perform better live). The real fans should expect more from their favorite band.

All bands have their high and low times. The real fans should support the band at all times.

^ that's what i believe too. i'll always love bodom no matter how much their style changes. i'll always admire them for who they used to be. but at the same time, i agree with MasqueReaper, "The real fans should expect more from their favorite band." i do expect more from Alexi's compositions. it's a shame that he's strayed away from the neo-classical style.

Jesse- said:
All bands have their high and low times. The real fans should support the band at all times.

I agree, but I can't believe that the band has achieved a "low" at this point. We all figured that when Roope joined, crazy Sinergy riffs and solos would ensue. Instead, the music has been watered down substantially from what it once was, and Alexi no longer strives to push the envelope with his live performance. I definitely thought that Trashed, Lost and Strungout was the future of music, instead, it may have caused Alexi to quit trying so hard (he won't play T,L &S, Kissing the Shadow, Warheart, Knuckleduster, etc) anymore.

Either way, we aren't trying to kill Bodom, we write because we care. My support for the band has never faltered, I am just disappointed with the way things have gone in the last year.

MasqueReaper said:
I agree, but I can't believe that the band has achieved a "low" at this point. We all figured that when Roope joined, crazy Sinergy riffs and solos would ensue. Instead, the music has been watered down substantially from what it once was, and Alexi no longer strives to push the envelope with his live performance. I definitely thought that Trashed, Lost and Strungout was the future of music, instead, it may have caused Alexi to quit trying so hard (he won't play T,L &S, Kissing the Shadow, Warheart, Knuckleduster, etc) anymore.

Either way, we aren't trying to kill Bodom, we write because we care. My support for the band has never faltered, I am just disappointed with the way things have gone in the last year.

Sometimes the artists realize what the album sounds like only after it has been released. And Roope doesn't have much room in the band and he knew that when he joined, so all I can say is, that maybe its best to know all the little details like this , so the disappointment won't be too big. Alexi still writes the songs and solos.

_DJ_british_motard_ said:
Dude, dyou even play guitar^ Fuck, bodom after midnight is fuckin scale up and down with chromatic line, its fuckin easy. Even you can play that. i agree that kts can be hard if you dont use a metronome. Srry if you suck,dude

lol i play keyboard and im sure i play keyboard better than you guitar.. and i also play guitar, so i know what's difficult, it can be a chromatic scale but very fast, well doesn't matter.. please post it here if u can play them :)

^ Have you had a chance to see their live video of Living Dead Beat from Chaos Ridden Years? It is in-fucking-credible, and if you deny that then I know you're lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.