All the new Opeth fans

BRI said:
It's very clear how well RR have promoted Opeth since they signed on, and I do think it's great that Opeth are getting new fans. I'm not one of those people who thinks that their favourite band should be "my special thing that nobody else can enjoy", but it is getting very annoying the amount of people who've gone and bought / downloaded Ghost Reveries and now believe they are hardcore Opeth fans, or even that they are now into extreme music (lol). I shouldn't feel this way but I do, maybe because I cherish Opeth so.

I'm pretty positive that some of this setiment is directed towards me. In no way shape or form do I hold Opeth as 'my own' and that it's 'shit' just because they're getting more publicity. I think it's great that their names getting out there more. I've been listening since the day BWP came out and yes I own the entire back catalog, never downloaded any Opeth material, blah, blah, blah.

I'm a new Opeth fan and I was intruduced to them through Damnation. It's an awesome album!

Gunhaver said:
you're a little self-centered, no?

And you're a little quick to judge, no? I think I had some merit in saying that some of the sentiments within this thread are in regards to my opinion in the "Issue to discuss..." thread. In that thread there are posts clearly stating that people think that I have the sentiment from the first post. That's why I said, 'some' and not 'all'.

The problem is all the real metal fans already know who Opeth is, and have decided wether they like them or not, so all the new fans are mallcore/goth douche bags.

BRI said:
It's very but it is getting very annoying the amount of people who've gone and bought / downloaded Ghost Reveries and now believe they are hardcore Opeth fans, or even that they are now into extreme music (lol). I shouldn't feel this way but I do, maybe because I cherish Opeth so.

i don't think you should feel that way at all...maybe they are hardcore opeth fans...and maybe they now like extreme music.

Man In Black said:
The problem is all the real metal fans already know who Opeth is, and have decided wether they like them or not, so all the new fans are mallcore/goth douche bags.
You're a fucking retard.

(unless you're being sarcastic, in which case you suck at it)

Number one, all the new fans are not mallcore/goth douchebags. Me, for example. And you're an idiot for thinking that. And second of all, it's perfectly possible for a metal fan not to have heard of Opeth until recently. And third of all, and most importantly, NOT ONLY METALHEADS LIKE OPETH. I listen to about a half dozen metal bands, Opeth included.

Oh wait. You probably object to anyone but metalheads listening to Opeth as well. Guess you should stop listening to BWP and D&D then, what with all the Porcupine Tree influence.

I'm almost about to not post this because I'm thinking you had to have been being sarcastic...but I find it more likely that you're just an idiot.

Man In Black said:
You just proved yourself to be a douchebag, even if you aren't a goth, although you probably are.
Actually I'm not at all. Have fun if you want to picture me as one though.

Oh, and also, you're the one that made a retarded post and then when I pointed out why it was retarded, just insulted me back. I'm not the douchebag in this situation.

exposeenmity said:
Man, every thread turns into attacking and putting people down. The only thing that should matter is our love for Opeth, be it old, new, whatever.
Fuckin' A.

But elitism is rampant, especially among metal fans and fans of any underground/not well known band.

Jude said:
Actually I'm not at all. Have fun if you want to picture me as one though.

Oh, and also, you're the one that made a retarded post and then when I pointed out why it was retarded, just insulted me back. I'm not the douchebag in this situation.
You're obviously the retard here. Grow up, and gain a sense of humor, you fucking fool.

Man In Black said:
You're obviously the retard here. Grow up, and gain a sense of humor, you fucking fool.
Oh, so you were being sarcastic?

I assume.

Well, you suck at it badly.

Rather a gross generalization. Although you do not fall into the mallcore/goth demographic, you are still a douche bag. Have a nice day.