All the new Opeth fans

Id said:
lol quality thread.

ps: sarcasm

True.

Unfortunately pretty much all the threads on here are either discussing gigs (in places I'm not at) or pointless polls, or people trolling one another.

Groovy.

Oh and Man in Black, your posts don't even make sense. And no, I'm not the one being a douchebag.

it's part sarcasm and part truth.. you're uptight and there exists such a thing as disagreement and difference of opinion, as sweet as Opeth is we can't spend every waking minute jerking off to them or we wouldn't be getting anywhere.

I had never even heard about Opeth till about five months ago. I went and picked up Orchid first and absolutely loved it. Since then I have gone in order from Orchid to Ghost reveries and love all of it. They are one of my favorite bands now. Still...I'm not going around saying I'm a "hardcore" Opeth fan just to jump on a fad and look cool. I just really like all of their music.

Eric Paradox said:
it's part sarcasm and part truth.. you're uptight and there exists such a thing as disagreement and difference of opinion, as sweet as Opeth is we can't spend every waking minute jerking off to them or we wouldn't be getting anywhere.

Yes, I do get uptight at times. I hope it's not part sarcasm and part truth in that order. And I do understand that there exists something as disagreement and difference of opinion. I'll be the first to admit that I have a problem, I'm almost always looking for confrontation. Granted not deliberately and on purpose, I'm just overly aggressive. And as far as not spending every minute jerking to Opeth, I agree; however, fan is short for fanatic. And besides, I just took a shower.

i have to admit when i first got into opeth (bwp) i was like whoah im so hardcore, but now i just like the music and dont see it as a way to be different its just something that people who find it get into

enmity, wipe the goth mascara from your eyes, get a fuckin sense of humour and never, ever say 'meh..' again. This place used to be good to post and read on, now it's just full of people defending themselves in long and very boring rants (jude or june is a good example). I'm having to resort to reading havers forum cos at least what they post is entertaining and not the same fucking threads over and over.

end of rant

love opeth

I hadn't heard of Opeth until this summer when a friend of mine told me he downloaded a leaked album that was awesome. It was GR. I went and bought it after it came out and since then have gotten 3 other albums and enjoyed it.

I hope I am not considered a "bandwagoneer", I was just introduced to Opeth.

aestusmaris@hotmail.com said:
enmity, wipe the goth mascara from your eyes, get a fuckin sense of humour and never, ever say 'meh..' again. This place used to be good to post and read on, now it's just full of people defending themselves in long and very boring rants (jude or june is a good example). I'm having to resort to reading havers forum cos at least what they post is entertaining and not the same fucking threads over and over.

end of rant

love opeth

No wonder you can't read my 'long and boring rants' (like 2 paragraphs long) if you can't even read my four-letter name.

I'm a "new" opeth fan but not because of the new album. Sometime in August I just decided to finally give Morningrise a listen after having it on my computer for several months, and within a month or two I had all their albums and am obsessed now.

in reply to the first post...alot of you guys who have gotten into extreme metal 2002 + will have older more serious metallers talk shit about you too, and people about them. It's useless to complain, a fanbase influx will happen with each release.