Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

ur good but the bASTARD SON OF GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD part sucked

haha thanks dude

but can you tell me exactly what is it that you didn't like in the high pitched scream?

the scream itself is good just something with the timing sounds bad, it starts too early

So this is a completely different way of growling compared to what I had posted earlier lol. Actual mp3's wont co-operate with me so I just added vocals to a song of mine I've been messing around with. I understand sound quality is key but I have a horrible soundcard in my computer.

Just the pre-chorus and chorus right now.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/6/353665/Lithegian - Marrow Lake.wav

yes it is different, and to me it sounds a lot more natural than the Amon Amarth stuff you posted earlier

remember pronunciation is key :kickass:

I know lol. When I pronounced the words more clearly it sounded a bit different though and kinda ridiculous since the lyrics arent done, so that was a cheesey substitute for now.

Hey Scavneck, you did a pretty decent job on that cover. You got the vocals to fit pretty well too. A good improvement over the stuff I heard way back. One day I may upload something I'm doing now, I've improved a lot more even since my more recent posts here.

thanks man, I'm looking forward to hearing you

I have the flu so when I get better my voice might get a bit lower too hehe

and if you need good instrumentals sing your stuff over Vader (ShadowFear is good) or Vomitory voiceless parts haha

hahahaha, i cant believe none of ya paid attention to what he sung in this clip?

"christ is not a fashion fading away"... lmfao

ok, so u google this guy and it turns out he's in a christian band...
so wait...what do we got here?!? a christian teaching the tecnique of death metal vocals? literally, helpin kids to speed up their ability to growl, so they can write satanic/occult/antichristian/gore/death lyrics!!! hahaha, now thats a SIN..... he's goin to hell!

Since when is Death Metal classified as music with "satanic/occult/antichristian/gore/death lyrics"? If Mikael Åkerfeldt sang about puppies and rainbows it would sound just as awesomely gutteral as singing about eating babies for Satan. Who cares how a band is classified? If the guy can growl, let him help out others who want to do the same.

Since when is Death Metal classified as music with "satanic/occult/antichristian/gore/death lyrics"? If Mikael Åkerfeldt sang about puppies and rainbows it would sound just as awesomely gutteral as singing about eating babies for Satan. Who cares how a band is classified? If the guy can growl, let him help out others who want to do the same.

Blakkheim was joking...did you see him critisising his helping others? also, what'S your opinion on what death metal lyrics are about? obviously not antichristian or the sort, that would be ridiculous :lol:
by the way: ooooold post

A friend of mine and I recorded this short song for an art project :p the vocals' quality is pretty shit because we did it all in one go, and we didn't even use a proper mic :lol: used my headset to record it because my mic was broken :p tell me wha you think :)

http://www.nowupload.com/:CMn

EDIT: you can stop listening to the track after "how long will humanity remain" because it's just some kid screaming after that for about a minute