Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

I know... ;)
No I sadly haven't. I think that my growls sound much better IRL than on the recording. Plus, I have asthma and I'm obese so my lung strength is quite low. I'll keep working on it...
For me growling is much harder than "normal" singing. I've been singing for most of my life, growling is new.
Jake

That sounds really good Scavneck. If you perfect it a bit it'll be a really good progress from your previous technique, it's not quite as "smooth", which in this case is good, although the smoothness was good too. I'm working on giving more pressure at the moment, I found that I've been trying too hard and it just sounded silly. If I make progress I shall post.

That sounds really good Scavneck. If you perfect it a bit it'll be a really good progress from your previous technique, it's not quite as "smooth", which in this case is good, although the smoothness was good too. I'm working on giving more pressure at the moment, I found that I've been trying too hard and it just sounded silly. If I make progress I shall post.

Thanks for the feedback!

The cool thing is I can still do the smoother technique, and do the high pitches like before, but I wanna get this Akerfeldt technique (lets put it that way) perfected :)

I'm glad you found a new path there with the growling, keep it up :kickass:

You still haven't listened to it? Haha that's great I guess, I hope you have loads of fun.

You heard Slaughtering The Will To Live right? I can record that one just for you :p