Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Okay, question. I want to be able to record things better than with my piece of shit headset. What equipment do I need for decent home recordings? Doesn't have to be professional quality, but decent, good quality. Because quite frankly I have no fucking idea about what you need

Get a combo of a condenser microphone and a pre-amp with phantom power (+48V) who will be powering the condenser microphone, it's much better than getting a dynamic microphone for recording, but you will need the dynamic mic for concerts because the condenser is only better due it's sensitivity, which makes it fragile and emo. Wandering Taco bought something pretty good recently for around 100 dollars as I recall, but I think you can just go into a music store and ask for the combo + a stand, pop up blocker and shock mount if you want more ergonomics and better recordings due to less vibration.

Right now I have a Shure Beta 58A dynamic microphone which you can get for 100 euros nowadays (Opeth use it at the Lamentations Concert), a stand that cost me around 20 euros, a pop u blocker for around 25 euros, and a Behringer Tube Ultragain Mic 200 microphone pre-amp with additional phantom power which at the time cost me around 50 euros on sales, a Planet Waves XLR cable for the microphone that cost me 30 euros I think..

Then how you will be connecting the pre-amp to the soundcard depends on the type of soundcard.

I have an excellent HUGE soundcard but it's only good for HIFI listening, not recording, it doesn't have it's own processor either. So get an external soundcard for recording, if you have teh money get something from Digidesign or SSL (Solid State Logic) and you will also get excellent music recording and editing software with it.

Get a combo of a condenser microphone and a pre-amp with phantom power (+48V) who will be powering the condenser microphone, it's much better than getting a dynamic microphone for recording, but you will need the dynamic mic for concerts because the condenser is only better due it's sensitivity, which makes it fragile and emo. Wandering Taco bought something pretty good recently for around 100 dollars as I recall, but I think you can just go into a music store and ask for the combo + a stand, pop up blocker and shock mount if you want more ergonomics and better recordings due to less vibration.

Right now I have a Shure Beta 58A dynamic microphone which you can get for 100 euros nowadays (Opeth use it at the Lamentations Concert), a stand that cost me around 20 euros, a pop u blocker for around 25 euros, and a Behringer Tube Ultragain Mic 200 microphone pre-amp with additional phantom power which at the time cost me around 50 euros on sales, a Planet Waves XLR cable for the microphone that cost me 30 euros I think..

Then how you will be connecting the pre-amp to the soundcard depends on the type of soundcard.

I have an excellent HUGE soundcard but it's only good for HIFI listening, not recording, it doesn't have it's own processor either. So get an external soundcard for recording, if you have teh money get something from Digidesign or SSL (Solid State Logic) and you will also get excellent music recording and editing software with it.

beste, thanks alot man

Roar fucking indeed, that's a good Amon Amarth-ish song :D

You have some tempo fuck ups but dude with the material you have that's pretty good, what did you change to finally get the guitar not to sound like pure feedback and clipping haha?

I think it had something to do with all the updates for my software program that handles my amp simulators. Or maybe I managed to stumble upon the only tone that sounds decent.

I really need a new mic though, even with mine turned down it still sounds like treble is maxed.

I think the tempo shit is due to the time limit I had. Don't get much time alone in the house anymore so I wanted to get the shit done today lol.

Download/buy The Fathomless Mastery and there you go haha. I just sang over it, it's how you sing and mix it (Mostly just making it damn loud haha) that gives more emphasis to your voice than the original.

This is me.
Yes,the volume of the song is way too high,but you can still hear me pretty well.

I'm 17,and I've been growling for 13 months.
What do you think? Sucky? Nice? Cool? Tell me.
and - yes - , the mic is broken. Sometimes you'll hear strange noises.

[ame]http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOsjOtc8pw[/ame]

"bellowey"?

Never heard this word :err:

And about this: "I would like to hear a bit more highs from you. " do you mean that you want to hear my screams go higher or that you want to hear me screaming in many different situations?

pretty cool,yeah.
You can set a band without looking gay,that's sure.
I hear a good deepness in the growling.
But I would like to hear it a bit lower.
Can you work on the tone?

About your voice I can tell it's on the right path, about the highs.. if you can't do them well don't, try to make a cool middle scream though, like Mikael, he can't go too high himself.

"You can set a band without looking gay,that's sure." - What does that mean?

And I can go a bit lower but the words won't come out as clean, I think pronunciation is a lot more important than going deep, the deepness will come with time.. I hope haha.

About your voice I can tell it's on the right path, about the highs.. if you can't do them well don't, try to make a cool middle scream though, like Mikael, he can't go too high himself.

"You can set a band without looking gay,that's sure." - What does that mean?

And I can go a bit lower but the words won't come out as clean, I think pronunciation is a lot more important than going deep, the deepness will come with time.. I hope haha.

You know,many guys have a "gay" style in their growling,instead of you.

Yours is good. Clear pronounciation,good timing,and it's deep enough.
And - yes -, the deepness will come with the time.

Anyway,since you're here,check the russian "basso profondo" technique.
Trying to do that voice it's pretty useful,I think. It helps you to get your growl lower.

I think that these guys are awesome o_O

[ame]http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpD2Cspn6g[/ame]