Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Haha that sounds so cool like constant burping.

Well yeah, choirs and shit can help, I have a friend doing bass there and even he's speaking voice got pretty low, he said he's voice was naturally lower but he trained it to get it lower, so he could make the ladies wet :rofl:

So Im going to buy a mic. Im going to use it when i practise with my band. Do you guys know anything about mics? I've been looking at the sm58 but is it the sm58 LC or sm58 S I should get?

Pathos - "an element in experience or in artistic representation evoking pity or compassion"
.. I'm good. No band, havent kept track of how long I've been growling. My age is in my profile.

Pathos - "an element in experience or in artistic representation evoking pity or compassion"
.. I'm good. No band, havent kept track of how long I've been growling. My age is in my profile.

Wrong word,then.

I mean,your growls in that bit were awesome,but they were all in the same tone,except the last "eaten".
That's the only criticism I can do about it.
Keep practicing. You already own lots of "professional" growlers.

Glen Benton only does lows (guitarist does the highs) and Deicide does just fine. I can go high pretty decent, but I always taste blood after awhile and it doesn't feel natural. The highest I can go while still keeping comfortability is just a mid-ranged growl, which I don't use too often for some reason.

Well it's been quite some time since I got off my ass to check out whats up with my favourite bunch of yelling maniacs. haha.

Well boys, I finally have something for you. I also played the guitars for this one. The only thing I really have to say is that I definitely need to invest in a mic that's meant for recording vocals :p the song doesn't really pick up everything I'm growling out.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/6/353665/EmeticGore - Guardians of Asgaard.mp3

You've pretty much nailed the Glen Benton style vocals. Although I do somewhat agree it can sound monotonous it also works in songs like this one so I'm not going to bitch there... Gotta go with what feels most natural, an whatever style you can consistently perform (which is obviously lows in your case)

Mock The Cross

I used simple delay at the "MOCK THE CROSS" parts.

So.. any improvement you guys hear?

Holy shit Scavneck you've improved so much since back in the day. You have toned down the smoothness a bit and given it more "growl" than you used to but the combo sounds fuckin' good. Nice:p.

Some of the guys here need to get out there a find a band now, I think it's getting to be about that time. Fuck there needs to be more quality musicians here in Canada...

Haha agreed. If I could actually make money for being in a band I probably would get up on that horse in an instant. But for now I need to make some moola. One day I'll feel more comfortable with high growls, everything gets unlocked sooner or later.

Delta, move to B.C and lets jam :p

Thanks a lot man, yeah I've been trying to change my style and I did, I'm quite proud of it because I always wished for that harsher tone, and I have a feeling it can evolve, in other words, I just want it to become lower.

I'm actually going to this dude's house today to check out some songs from his Death Metal band :)

Emetic writes songs, and damn good ones, once he sets the sound right for the recordings and finds a drummer or good samples for what Bastard Son of God is making, I think he will be just fine :)