Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

I get also light headed but

I don't get itThose are 2 different kinds of troath
One the second one you have a "bubbling" effect, I have that to, and I have tried to get a method that you can't hear that like in the first one
So it are 2 different kinds of troaths and sound, you can't be both?

the 1st clip out of those 2 is a newer one... since i'm new to it i'm constantly changing my technique. but i can assure you they're both me :)

hope you reckon the 1st clip sounds better

my growling skills are ok, but something is wrong with my voice i guess, at the time that i switch from growling to clean vocals and then back to growl,my voice doesnt sound good anymore, like i can't reach the previous distortion ,so can anyone tell me if i'm doing something wrong.........the method i use it's like wooshing the air while tightening the troath.....sorry again my english sucks

do you have any tips for girls? do we do basically the same thing?

i find it hard to growl, but i really want to. i've only heard two girls singers do it though. it's hard to find any girl singers that scream.

hey guys, i can scream.

It range's from the like's of, a dozen furies, killswitch engage etc

i have a problem though.

Some days I can scream, but some days i cant.

for example;
If today, i was screaming fine, then tomorow morning, I wouldnt be able to scream very well at all. It wouldnt sound right, it kind of sounds all squeezed up, if you get me.
Its pretty annoying, especially if I went for a tryout for a band.
But i guess you have to warm up first.

Dude i was too lazy to read through the whole thing but the way i Growl and shit is from my diaphram(?) [how ever its spelled] breath in really deep kinda lean forward a bit till your chest is inflated and kinda push you sholders back a bit. force the air out of your lungs so your rib chage relaxes. and kinda try to growl with your vocals. it hurts the frist few times till u get used to it.

probaly the best thing i can tell u to look at for proper stance is Cannible corpse's Gallery of Suicide video.

This topic have really helped me altho i couldnt lissen to almost any links, it said "file could not be found" when i clicked most links in here. Ive been intressted in growling for a long time but since yeasterday i really wanted to learn myself to growl. I sucka t singing and use to feel embarresed whenever i sing (which not happend so offent). But if u have the will atleast u sould come somewere ey... I dont dare to post any record of myself yeat because i really suck =P Good luck all you growling ppl out there and thanks for ALL tips you have given me in this topic =) Ill be in touch.

i've been growling for 5 years now,and nah there's no damage at all,unless u feel an unbearable pain while growling, other than that it'll hurt and it'll destroy your troath like you said ,but that's just for a couple of days,once you get recovered you'll get more range and a deeper distortion...it is just like any other muscle ..just work out alot , :) and you'll get good results

Play your favourite death metal tunes as loud as you can, and then fuckin' sing along. It will come.

I say this is the best suggestion so far!
I always believe practice makes perfect, not theory!

If you try long and hard enough, you will get there eventually.
Just like all other things.

I've never been taught how to growl, I just kept trying until I got there, and I did just what the above quote said.

This thread gave me so much wisdom about growling, it even took me to a new level of growling :p and some new techniques i will train on :p