Any hip Hop fans?

awia

Apr 6, 2010
Any suggestions for some depressing Hip Hop?

I can suggest

Sadistik-
P.O.S.- (dude droped Isis's name in this)

also some old Eminem and Cunninlynguists.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have come through the wrong door..

Or maybe not, I don't know. Personally RATM is the closest I ever got to hiphop. Just never appealed to me.

i like it, but not nigga stuff, mostly abstract and instrumental. trip hop is better though.

i know, right? Why ask a metal forums eh? well when i go to hip hop forums they give me dull suggestions, so i figure why not go to one of the most depressing bands i ever heard and hope that there is atleast one other hip hop fan with good suggestions. personally cant stand aesop rock

All Hip-Hop / Rap is depressing because it's garbage music that takes almost no talent to create...and yet somehow people still will listen to it.

Rap/Hip-Hop is a shit genre imo, but I'm a big fan of some bands that use elements of it, like RATM and Massive Attack (one of my favorite bands ever). Also, Wu Tang Clan and Cypress Hill have some cool tracks imo, but no big deal.

All Hip-Hop / Rap is depressing because it's garbage music that takes almost no talent to create...and yet somehow people still will listen to it.

Yes!!!!

It's the difference, to me, between ENTERTAINMENT and MUSIC. Rap is pure, 100% music-less entertainment. A catchy, cheap, processed electronic beat used to appeal to the most primitive, thoughtless mental realm of the mind.

Yes!!!!

It's the difference, to me, between ENTERTAINMENT and MUSIC. Rap is pure, 100% music-less entertainment. A catchy, cheap, processed electronic beat used to appeal to the most primitive, thoughtless mental realm of the mind.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Rap/hip-hop is just as diverse as any other genre. There is just as much thoughtless, talentless metal as there is rap, and as much as I hate to admit it, rapping well enough that people want to listen to you is a talent.

Now back to the focus of the thread. Some of my friends recently turned me on to some hip hop. My tastes are extremely limited but a few of my favorites right now are:

and the World Cup Anthem, also by K'Naan

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind it at a club or the bar...I mean it's going to be on there anyways, but that's about it. I dabbled in some rap when I was a pre-teen, but I think that was mostly a rebellion against what the other kids listening to (green day and shit like that).

Saying hip-hop is a shit genre is an ignorant comment from a small mind. I would expect more from metalheads, given how little respect we get for our musical choices and some of the crap we end up putting up with. For example, i can tell it's almost spring because people are out in their cars yelling "get a haircut, FAG" at me out their window, or how i've had people stop speaking to me forever once they found out i liked music with growling in it (because obviously i am pure evil because of simply that).

I think it's a genre saturated with shit (like trickyskittles said, metal is absolutely as well), you just have to dig a little to find the gold underneathe.

Massive attack is awesome, although i wouldnt call it hip hop

also, where is hox? :lol:

The ones I worn out on tape:

bone.jpg

2pac_all_eyez_on_me_1996_cover.jpg

Saying hip-hop is a shit genre is an ignorant comment from a small mind. I would expect more from metalheads, given how little respect we get for our musical choices and some of the crap we end up putting up with. For example, i can tell it's almost spring because people are out in their cars yelling "get a haircut, FAG" at me out their window, or how i've had people stop speaking to me forever once they found out i liked music with growling in it (because obviously i am pure evil because of simply that).

I think it's a genre saturated with shit (like trickyskittles said, metal is absolutely as well), you just have to dig a little to find the gold underneathe.

Massive attack is awesome, although i wouldnt call it hip hop

also, where is hox? :lol:

I think it's a shit genre because I don't like it, it's dull and does not appeal to me, and disliking it does not make me small minded, and if I think it's shit, I'm clearly talking about the rule, not the exception. It's the same thing if I called you small minded for finding bossa nova shitty, which would be a pretty retarded argument, because disliking one particular genre does not prevent you from enjoying other genres.

Also, about the "metalhead" thing you said, you should speak for yourself, because I'm not a metalhead and will never be, I listen to metal music that sounds good to these years and that's it. And yeah, Massive Attack isn't hip hop obviously, they just have elements of that style in their sound, like I said in the other post.

After hating it for a good 12 years I finally started to discover some good stuff. Not a favorite genre or anything, but there is always good stuff to discover, and its definitely much more diverse than most metal heads (including me for years and years) would think. The hiphop you hear is more than likely the triviums and bullet for my valentines of hiphop.

the main problem i think (for me atleast) is that hip hop is supposed to be about lyrics,
and 99.9% of hip hop artists either are terrible lyricists, nor write lyrics that in no way can relate to me.
there is one artist i really like, and that is Kung henry, swedish rapper/poet (he has won the swedish poetry slam) who writes about everydaylife as a joe somebody.

But to add to the internationals, i get a warm, fuzzy, 15 year old and drunk on folköl feeling from warren g and nate dogg´s g-funk era.

thought you were talking about sold heart there for a second

that'd be impossible, considering sold heart doesnt say anything about beating up bitches and hoes and buying diamonds like blao like blao blao *gun sounds*, so therefore sold heart sucks.

and yes, 98% of hip-hop is shit. leave it back in the 90's where it belongs.

thanks!