As a metal fan, what other genres do you like that is not heavy metal?

A lot actually...

Im huge into the late-60's & 70's hard rock, prog rock, psych prog, etc...just TONS of talent going on back then.

I enjoy a lot of classical music...

Am a huge fan of Radiohead.

Some indie rock stuff...folk rock stuff

Jeff Buckley
Nick Drake
Roy Harper
Elliot Smith
Bjork
Iron & Wine
Sol Invictus
Rodrigo y Gabriela

Punk....you name it..

Classic rock:
Hawkwind (favorite non-metal band of all time), Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Camel, Grateful Dead, Ten Years After, Jethro Tull, Doobie Brothers, Blue Öyster Cult, AC/DC

Electronic/ambient:
Paul Van Dyk, VNV Nation, Amethystium, Shpongle/Hallucinogen

That pretty much covers the non-metal bands I listen to with any degree of regularity. I probably listen to '60s-'70s rock at least as much as I listen to metal - there's just so much goddamn great music from that period.

Every now and then I come across a contemporary rock song I like, but besides Opeth's mellow stuff I've found no modern rock that I can stand for more than a short period of time. Just too much emo in today's music.

I used to listen to a lot of classical music on the radio before I discovered metal, but I didn't follow any particular composer very closely.

All other music genres out there generally carry nothing more than novelty value to me - though I'll probably get into jazz at some point.

Country and girl pop bands.

She thinks my tractor's sexy
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chugging along.

Harsh noise, dark ambient, power electronics, some early folk stuff, a little 90's rock/grunge/"post-grunge", classic rock, blah blah.

The Backstreet Boys are far better than any Hip-hop

Nah.

Good poets > shitty entertainers

Anyways:

Rap (I've always viewed hip-hop to be the culture with rap being an aspect of the culture)
Folk (Traditional Irish, Scandinavian, Neo-folk, etc)
Punk (Most styles but mostly emo)
Prog. Rock
Indie rock
90s Alt. Rock
Country
Post-rock

Apart from metal, I enjoy...

Classical (mostly romantic-era, but baroque is good every now and then)
Jazz (primarily free-form jazz without vocals in the vein of Ornette Coleman and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones)
Indie rock
Punk/[post-]hardcore
Techno/rave
Folk
Modern film scores
High-quality MIDI video game soundtracks (usually RPG soundtracks) Ambient