Bands Like Katatonia

Anyone familiar with bands similar to Katatonia's Tonight's Decision? I don't care about originality for once. I need more stuff like this! I'm not looking for boring gothic doom metal with cheesy synths and vocals, it must have some attitude like Katatonia!

Oh, and don't say Monokromia please :p.

Anyone familiar with bands similar to Katatonia's Tonight's Decision? I don't care about originality for once. I need more stuff like this! I'm not looking for boring gothic doom metal with cheesy synths and vocals, it must have some attitude like Katatonia!

Might as well keep listening to Tonights Decision...nothing is coming to mind.
Anyways, it cannot be duplicated. Try track 3 off of the Eternal's Sleep of Reason if you want something similar to Katatonia.

Anathema's Judgement? it has a nocturnal, introspective vibe to it...the songs doesn't really sound like the ones from TD. Judgement lacks a bit of heaviness if compared to TD, but still rules...

Might as well keep listening to Tonights Decision...nothing is coming to mind.
It is not that I'm tired of it, I listened it at least a hundred times. I just need more like this.

Anathema's Judgement? it has a nocturnal, introspective vibe to it...the songs doesn't really sound like the ones from TD. Judgement lacks a bit of heaviness if compared to TD, but still rules...
Thanks for the tip but I already knew Anathema! Great band (and album).

Anathema Judgement?=1 of my favorite albums of all time!
To this day I still have never heard an album that is that emotional and deep. Every time I put it on I get chills. That album puts me in an euphoric state...does anyone know when the new one is coming out?

It is not that I'm tired of it, I listened it at least a hundred times. I just need more like this.

Thanks for the tip but I already knew Anathema! Great band (and album).

Dude TD is my fave album of all times I've been listening to it since it first came out and believe me I couldn't find anything like it for 7 years(including Kata albums).I gave up the hope to find that anything that equals to it.If you find one pm me:)

if you want something similar to Katatonias Brave Murder Day then October Tide's Rain Without End is the way to go. What a classic album. and I wish they had released the studio version of To Die With Strength.

whats the sarcasm about. While Katatonia released sounds of decay in 1997, at the same time October tide released Rain without end. There are some similarities. Katatonia's Sound of Decay with opeths vocalist remains to be my fav katatonia album only followed by Dance of Decemeber soul and BMD. novembre sucks though.

Suggesting October Tide on a Katatonia forum, isn't that a bit obvious...
oooh really you think so? I think majority of people dont even know about october tide unless they followed katatonia from its roots from early 90s.well, i dont want to argue with you since you seem to be too-confident of your knowledge.

oooh really you think so? I think majority of people dont even know about october tide unless they followed katatonia from its roots from early 90s.well, i dont want to argue with you since you seem to be too-confident of your knowledge.
Well, I don't want to argue either, but I know the vast majority of people on this forum are aware of the existence of October Tide.

man ...get over it ....most of us got in to katatonia by their new era stuff ......altough I like the old era better

bands like katatonia...i dont think if there is any. i guess Rainroom could share a bit but again they are more death doom than dark/black/depressive doom. it is really hard to find elements like horror/depression. Although, early Rapture, Rain paint sounds more atmospheric like mid katatonia.

Ha i really dont like The Eternal. I was so bored listening to them open for Opeth. The lead singer seemed be a quite a cock as well :p

:lol: Mark's actually a great guy, I can vouch for that.

I think The Eternal are a brilliant band, and it was my fanboy love for them that first introduced me to Mark and then the whole Rainshadow thing started. I personally prefer their debut album 'The Sombre Light of Isolation' as it's more doomy with longer songs etc, although 'Sleep of Reason' is great too.

Fans of Katatonia should definitely check them out. They're actually on tour in Europe right now.