Bands Like Katatonia

Very constructive opinion.
Also half the bands mentioned in this thread don't sound like KATATONIA yet may have some influence's from them and cross over in sound that might appeal to KATATONIA fans. Also KATATONIA's first album and latest don't even sound like the same band so how direct do you expect an influenced act to be?

I see Katatonia's sound as more of a feeling then a sound seeing as they are forever changing their sound from album to album yet keeping that Katatonia feeling. The bands mentioned in this thread all have a similar feel or whatever in their music. Of course its not going to be Katatonia. Besides who wants a complete Katatonia rip off band anyhow.

Very constructive opinion.
Also half the bands mentioned in this thread don't sound like KATATONIA yet may have some influence's from them and cross over in sound that might appeal to KATATONIA fans. Also KATATONIA's first album and latest don't even sound like the same band so how direct do you expect an influenced act to be?
Its not about influences in this thread.

And if some other bands here aren't similar to Katatonia either, it only makes those posts as worthless as yours.

And the band looks ridicoulus.

Anathema, Riverside (Great Band), Opeth, Monokromia,
Novembre ( some songs), the loveless

some great bands like katatonia

Been searching for bands like (new) katatonia for some years now. Can't really say i've found anyone yet.

I can't think of any one band like Katatonia. But I can tell you influence from bands that I hear when I listen to Katatonia.

The Cure
Fields of the Nephilim
Sisters of Mercy
Tool

That's all I can think of.

Well I guess only band I've heard and sounds a bit similar to katatonia are:

Rapture (sounds like BMD)
Some Anathema (judgement, alternative 4 era)