bands you just HATE hearing

and old joke:
What will the reggae musician say if he doesn't have more marihuana?
What is this crappy music?!...

I hate reggae too, but I found a pretty good band which has some reggae influences: Skindred
I'm suprised, but I like it. :)

and I really hate german true/gallopp metal. It makes me sick.

Mastodon annoy the piss out of me. I still don't see why they're on a major label and other infinitely superior bands are still sucking hind tit on the indie labels.

Black Sabbath, while it's true everything metal is derived from Black Sabbath, is fucking boring. Get over it.

Black Label Society's latest is so bad that it's not even funny. Ozzy's latest offering is even worse.

I've seen Motorhead twice and heard them my entire life. The only decent songs from them are Ace of Spades, Overkill, Orgasmatron, and Whorehouse Blues or whatever the fuck it's called.

See a pattern here? Yes, thrash was pretty much directly influenced by Motorhead, so we should always be thankful. Heavy metal was practically invented by Black Sabbath, so we should always be thankful. But being thankful and acknowledging that their music these days is not only relevant, but also, um, GOOD, are two completely different things.

Just because Elvis invented rock 'n roll doesn't mean I have to like Elvis. Nor does it mean that if he were still alive today, would he be doing anything relevant or decent. Just because Ozzy and Lemmy outlived everyone else doesn't mean what they're doing is good stuff. I know it's a matter of opinion, but you gotta be objective about this shit.

Every Motorhead song is the same, and the only decent Black Sabbath in my opinion was with Dio. Enough jerking off over these dinosaurs.

Thank you Dead Winter. Sabbath are boring as hell.

Black Label Society had a few decent moments back in the day even if Zakk Wylde is a cunt but man they've gone to complete shit.

Ozzy has had a good run, but needs to stop.

But all his life he's been over the top, he doesn't know what he's doing but all he knows is he doesn't wanna stop.

Does it sound to anyone else that this song Ozzy sounds like he's crying like a baby when he says "I don't wanna stop"?

And Dead, thanks for the backup. Agree with everything you said (Dio Sabbath was the best imo).

But yeah, everyone has their own opinion, just like right now I'm being forced by my wife and sister in law to listen to Blue October and 30 Seconds to Mars. Please kill me.

I remember when Ozzy used to fuckin' rule. When Perry Mason came out, that album just shit all over everything else out there. I was never a big Ozzy fan or anything, but Perry Mason flattened me. The guitar tone is just crushing.

I skipped school to buy Ozzmosis, that was a pretty good record.

Ozzy's solo stuff, the first two records are the pinnacle.

the first four sabbath albums constitute the best music every recorded with guitars, period.

Black Sabbath, while it's true everything metal is derived from Black Sabbath, is fucking boring. Get over it.

I've seen Motorhead twice and heard them my entire life. The only decent songs from them are Ace of Spades, Overkill, Orgasmatron, and Whorehouse Blues or whatever the fuck it's called.

Sabbath isn't boring at all. Seriously, are you fucking kidding me? Wizard and children of the grave? SO much fun. Sweet leaf and sabbath bloody sabbath are full metal onslaught. And holy fuck is the instrumentation on Volume 4 just unbelievably adventurous.

As for Motorhead, lemmy actually sings on their first album and it makes for an awesome bluesy rock/nwobhm album. And his current growl is just that, a growl or snarl. Hardly unbearable. As for songs, listen to heaven was never on your side or one more fucking time just to see how goddamn dumb you are regarding everything sounding the same. Then find Trigger, Too Good To Be True, Wearing Your Heart On Your Sleeve, Living In The Past, In Another Time, We Are Motorhead, Sacrifice, Limb From Limb, On Parole, In The Black, Leaving Here.

Lemmy concedes to writing a lot of filler, but the poet knows how to write good fucking tunes.

Anyway, you seem like one of those dipshits I mentioned earlier and I really doubt you've heard much beyond the handful of songs kazaa gave you ten years ago.

Shit maybe I was wrong earlier in the thread. Dead Winter apparently isn't allowed to have his own opinion.