Black Metal.

Imha Tarikat

Really like this.The vocals are a deep shout for some of the album which automatically makes people think its hardcore influenced but I dont get why theyre a problem really. A lot of black metal vocals just suck.

Reactions: The Butt and isberg
That Vothana is good stuff and instantly appealing. The last one sounded interesting aswell, cheers!

Not sure about the middle two. Will have to give them a proper listen. But as far as recent symphonic black metal goes, Vargrav is all I seem to want to listen to.

Vargrav is some quality sympho, but I wouldn't draw many parallels with their dense fabrics and the lofty approach Bagatur takes.

Unholy Vampire Slaughter Sect is one of those improvised black metal bands that releases their trash on super limited releases. The guy is also a Soundcloud rapper.

Yea I was hesitant to share that just because a lion's share of his stuff is fucking garbage. I think the one I shared encapsulates the best you're gonna get from that project. It's well executed relative to other attempts at injecting darker club music.

I definitely recommend checking out the entire album. It often weaves in a very similar riff from song to song, which I always thought was an interesting songwriting angle that really ties the album together. Hard to explain it better than that but you'll know what I mean once you listen to it.

Otherwise, definitely check out Kaos Sacramentum, Urkaos, Dodfodd, and Grav.

Reactions: rms

I definitely recommend checking out the entire album. It often weaves in a very similar riff from song to song, which I always thought was an interesting songwriting angle that really ties the album together. Hard to explain it better than that but you'll know what I mean once you listen to it.

Otherwise, definitely check out Kaos Sacramentum, Urkaos, Dodfodd, and Grav.

what's your favorite black metal album to listen to after having your heart broken?

Avzhia - The Key of Throne

Can’t stop listening to this shit recently. One of my favourite post - 2000 black metal albums. I like Dark Emperors quite a lot as well, but those elongated shrieks are grating (waaaaahhhhh-aaaaaahhhhh-waaaahhhhhh). They’re thankfully gone here. And this is better anyway. More refined and better songwriting.

Some might find this overblown in an Emperor sort of way. But I think it all just sounds so massive and regal. If you like keyboard heavy black metal that isn’t crap and you haven’t heard this is I recommend it.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-3_23-31-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-3_23-31-37.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Similar kind of ancient atmosphere, but that demo features little, if any keyboards if I remember. Whereas the first two full lengths are very heavy on the keyboards. So the atmosphere is achieved in a different way.

I’d definitely start with the one I posted. Because as I said, the vocals on Dark Emperors are obnoxious, although musically it’s good. This seems to be their most well composed and “epic” for lack of a better term. It all sounds very ancient, medieval and regal to me. Clearly heavily influenced by Emperor, but they don’t sound like a clone or anything.

Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve listened to the demo but I remember it being pretty raw. This is interesting so far but definitely not what I expected.

The death metal thread sucks too. The doom thread is alright but so little new albums come out any more worth a shit it doesn’t have much info on new stuff.

Reactions: rms