buy Mike an album thread

Just to mix things up a bit, NoMeansNo - Wrong and either Fields of the Nephilim - The Nephilim, or Nefilim - Zoon

Only that last one could really be called 'metal', though.

:devil: :hotjump:

I bought one Deathspell omega album, some latin title thing and I liked it. Sounded grim! They had something special. I like what I heard from Gojira, good riffs!
But yes, I'm stuck in my murky ol' vinyl collection and I still have probably 2500 Lp's I haven't listened to yet.

Got the new AC/DC! Great!

I love Circulus "Clocks are like people" sounds genuine although it's fairly new.

I loved the new Morbid angel song "Nevermore", sounded fucking awesome, as expected!

Hmmm...there's more good stuff out there, I just know it.
M

^
Have you heard the new Slipknot album? It's really grim. Listen to it if you feel like torturing yourself.

It's really experimental and heavy! I know exactly 9 people who say this. They created a new genre of metal called anal-sludge metal.

I would buy for mike:
Ravi shankar and yehudi menuhin - west meets east
pat metheny - one quiet night
shakti - a handful of beauty

all quiet music, maybe he already listened to some or all of them.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7777101 said:
I bought one Deathspell omega album, some latin title thing and I liked it. Sounded grim! They had something special. I like what I heard from Gojira, good riffs!
But yes, I'm stuck in my murky ol' vinyl collection and I still have probably 2500 Lp's I haven't listened to yet.

I love Circulus "Clocks are like people" sounds genuine although it's fairly new.

I loved the new Morbid angel song "Nevermore", sounded fucking awesome, as expected!

M

Hell yeah! I can't fucking wait for the new Morbid Angel, especially with Vincent back on the Mic. Can't go wrong with AC DC, the kings of modern Day Rock N Roll! 2,500 LPS man! damn man I know music takes up time, and that is a lot of unheard music lots of time, I know if I had the money I would have tons of unheard stuff on deck too. Music is adventure, may the explorations continue!

This band are awesome, hopefully they will release some new material soon.

I bought one Deathspell omega album, some latin title thing and I liked it. Sounded grim! They had something special.
Good man! They are a band that are very worth persisting with because once it clicks completely it hits you like a freight train. "Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice" is fantastic, but their EP "Kénôse" and "Fas" are even better. Get Fas if you haven't yet. One of the finest albums ever made iyam.

What about Caïna - Temporary Antennae? It's one of this year's top albums :O Mike, you should give it a listen - as well as all of you here on the forum. Interesting experimental black-metal here, with nice ambience and textures. You don't know it? Get it now!

M

I actually didn't like the new AC/DC :erk:

Do you have Sleepytime Gorilla Museum? Very progressive and experimental stuff. They often create their own unique instruments to use on their albums. I think you'd appreciate it.