Celebrities you have met

Chimaera

Oct 28, 2009
Scotland
I thought it might be interesting to see what famous people everyone has met.

You probably won't have heard of most of mine unless you're British but I'll post them anyway. Dr. Bunhead (from Braniac), Anthony Horowitz (author) and John Lughton (youth activist and winner of Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack).

I almost saw Johnny Depp once. I was in Paris and we drove past the premiere of Public Enemies. If I'd been there like an hour later, I probably would have seen him.

So who have you met?

EDIT: Band members count.

Hmmm, David Bowie , B.B King, Jean Chretien ( lol ) ,Behemoth and Necrophagist ( if they count ). Then a bunch of my dad's friends like Rammstein, but I guess they aren't really celeb's.

I don't think I've met any famous people face to face, but I was within 30-40 feet of George W. Bush once while he was President, in like 2002-3 when my grandma took me to a play at the British embassy in D.C. He and Laura sat a few rows behind my grandma and me. One of his daughters (Jenna I think) was in the play, and as I recall her acting was pretty awful.

Actors/movie people:
-I met Johnny Knoxville at Amoeba Records
-Jason Mewes (Jay and Silent Bob) at Comic Con
-the guy who played Chewbacca in Star Wars
-Creator of Ren and Stimpy (forgot his name)
-Seen various people at Comic Con (Harold and Kumar, Kevin Smith, Natalie Portman etc)
-Oh yeah, I also ran into the guy that played Gollum.

Music stuff
-Met Atheist and talked with Kelly for awhile, and the drummer too but I forgot his name
-Cattle Decapitation
-Wolves in the Throne Room (almost went out to eat with them at Kuma's)
-Novembers Doom quite a few times
-Macabre
-The guys in Ashdautas and Volahn
-Blake from Nachtmystium

I met Ozzy at his book signing in La Jolla, which would have been cooler 30 years ago but whatever. He's so tiny and frail in real life.

Actors/movie people:
-I met Johnny Knoxville at Amoeba Records
-Jason Mewes (Jay and Silent Bob) at Comic Con
-the guy who played Chewbacca in Star Wars
-Creator of Ren and Stimpy (forgot his name)
-Seen various people at Comic Con (Harold and Kumar, Kevin Smith, Natalie Portman etc)
-Oh yeah, I also ran into the guy that played Gollum.

Music stuff
-Met Atheist and talked with Kelly for awhile, and the drummer too but I forgot his name
-Cattle Decapitation
-Wolves in the Throne Room (almost went out to eat with them at Kuma's)
-Novembers Doom quite a few times
-Macabre
-The guys in Ashdautas and Volahn
-Blake from Nachtmystium

How the fuck?

@Srontgorrth:Impressive.:cool:

Hehe yeah, though a lot of it was luck.

How the fuck?

Lolwut?

Oh yeah and sadly I don't have pictures with most of the aforementioned people, but I do have one with Jason Mewes, and one with Kelly Schaefar:

n500802909_813319_1868.jpg

l_3254856f6c3b59c99d2eb5a61f0e52dc.jpg

I have never met a famous person, ever. Not even at the concerts I go to. I usually just go and when they are done, I go home. I never felt like I had the luck to ever catch anyone famous and meet them. But I would for sure like to meet some.

And Scrontgorrth, that is crazy, you met quite a few people. That is awesome. Lucky.

That gets me everytime. I love it. Everytime it is said, I vividly remember that day. Not like it is that really bad, but it's just funny.

Mostly band stuff

Morbid Angel (w/ Steve)
Abbath
Legion from Marduk
Glenn Danzig at a comic book signing
Ted Nugent (dude positively bristles with energy)
Cradle of Filth circa Cruelty and the Beast then
Nick Barker when he toured with Borknager
Mikael and Peter from Opeth
Christina Scabbia
In Flames circa Clayman/Colony
Liv Kristine and her hubby Alexander from Atrocity
Jonas and Fred from Katatonia (damn you slippery Blakkheim)
Amon Amarth
November's Doom
Glenn Benton
Ripper Owens
Matt Barlow and Jon Schaffer
Nile
James Rivera
Evergrey
Fear Factory (just after Dino left)
Dave, Kerry, and Paul from Slayer
Manowar

Non band stuff is random baseball players and James Stockdale. Can't remember any actors if I did meet them.