Chimaira leaked....

I'm sure I'm gonn get some flak from this post, but remember it is all in the spirit of debate.

Give me a fucking break, I'm so fucking tired of bleeding hearts saying that downloading is "wrong" or "stealing." That's bullshit. Here is what it comes down to...capitalism. Now, I know a lot of you folks over seas might not get this but it is not about social-political-moral correctness, it is about who builds a better mousetrap...and consequently and gets the fat paycheck.

Experts predict that 80 percent of the technology that will be in use in our day-to-day lives 10 years from now hasn't been invented yet. Over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies from 35 years ago have vanished due to 'blindsiding.'

But wait...maybe we should not download freely available digital content because it is "wrong". wahhh, wahhh, wahhh. The RIAA, Bands, Developers etc should stop thier fucking crying and do something about.

Do you think that the automobile shouldn't have been invented because it would put feed mills, horse shoe'rs and tack shops out of business? Or maybe we shouldn't get free film from digital cameras because it will put Kodak out of business. Hell no!!! Necessity is the mother of all invention, and the RIAA, bands, developers, etc need to get their shit together and come up with something better. It's not my product or problem so why should I not download free stuff? The sum of the situation has simply manifested itself into the availablity of free content. The history of mankind is that of invention...not empathy for the incumbent gloiath corporations. The bands are simply pawns in their game. Don't get them confused.

Hey, here is an idea... how about give the music away for free from the get go and use advertisers to pay the entertainment bill!!! hmmmm.....that sounds awfully familiar..oh wait, it's called television.

Dr. Geus' Law of Learning - "the only sustainable competitive advantage is to learn faster than the competition." The RIAA fucked up. The internet nailed them and you pussies who think that downloading is wrong are paying the bill for their ineptitude. How does that feel??

The only thing the record companies ever did was to utilize their distribution channels and fat wallets to exploit musicians. Giving them a dollar was like giving the band 4 cents. Now, wouldn't you rather give the band 50 cents? Bands need to find better ways to market themselves on the internet, come up with better anti-piracy software and let me pay them directly. I fucking hate the record companies. They chew musicians up and spit them out and don't think twice about it and you guys feel sorry for them? Fuck that!

This is a wake up call to the RIAA, Bands and software developers. The race is on and whoever figures it out is gonna get rich, so let the capitalism begin!!!

I'm sure I'm gonn get some flak from this post, but remember it is all in the spirit of debate.

Give me a fucking break, I'm so fucking tired of bleeding hearts saying that downloading is "wrong" or "stealing." That's bullshit. Here is what it comes down to...capitalism. Now, I know a lot of you folks over seas might not get this but it is not about social-political-moral correctness, it is about who builds a better mousetrap...and consequently and gets the fat paycheck.

Experts predict that 80 percent of the technology that will be in use in our day-to-day lives 10 years from now hasn't been invented yet. Over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies from 35 years ago have vanished due to 'blindsiding.'

But wait...maybe we should not download freely available digital content because it is "wrong". wahhh, wahhh, wahhh. The RIAA, Bands, Developers etc should stop thier fucking crying and do something about.

Do you think that the automobile shouldn't have been invented because it would put feed mills, horse shoe'rs and tack shops out of business? Or maybe we shouldn't get free film from digital cameras because it will put Kodak out of business. Hell no!!! Necessity is the mother of all invention, and the RIAA, bands, developers, etc need to get their shit together and come up with something better. It's not my product or problem so why should I not download free stuff? The sum of the situation has simply manifested itself into the availablity of free content. The history of mankind is that of invention...not empathy for the incumbent gloiath corporations. The bands are simply pawns in their game. Don't get them confused.

Hey, here is an idea... how about give the music away for free from the get go and use advertisers to pay the entertainment bill!!! hmmmm.....that sounds awfully familiar..oh wait, it's called television.

Dr. Geus' Law of Learning - "the only sustainable competitive advantage is to learn faster than the competition." The RIAA fucked up. The internet nailed them and you pussies who think that downloading is wrong are paying the bill for their ineptitude. How does that feel??

The only thing the record companies ever did was to utilize their distribution channels and fat wallets to exploit musicians. Giving them a dollar was like giving the band 4 cents. Now, wouldn't you rather give the band 50 cents? Bands need to find better ways to market themselves on the internet, come up with better anti-piracy software and let me pay them directly. I fucking hate the record companies. They chew musicians up and spit them out and don't think twice about it and you guys feel sorry for them? Fuck that!

This is a wake up call to the RIAA, Bands and software developers. The race is on and whoever figures it out is gonna get rich, so let the capitalism begin!!!

Right on man...

I was not going to get involved into this discussion, but after reading your post and this: http://www.stuckmojomedia.com/

I really feel the same way... innovation is needed!

That's the shit I'm talking about!!!!! Hell ya, that is awesome!!!! It takes some balls, but that dude is stepping out and sticking it to the man!

ok pay me out of your pocket my % thats been "freely" downloaded this week if you agree it's not wrong. Care to explain your theory on the entertainment bill whilst you're at it.

ok pay me out of your pocket my % thats been "freely" downloaded this week if you agree it's not wrong. Care to explain your theory on the entertainment bill whilst you're at it.

I'd be happy to. Now why don't you go talk to your boss/company/etc and figure out how I can do that? Or, you can continue to sit around and cry about it. Thanks for helping me make my point.

Entertainment Bill eg: "Wal-Mart" pays for the production for a CD for a band. You and all your boys get paid. Meanwhile, their logo is on it, their web address is on it, and for 10% discounts at their store you have to register the CD. Now they get you going to their store, the customer gets a 10% discount, you and the band get paid, they sell the customer name to some marketing list and get more money, and nobody cares that the music is free. I don't think this is brain surgery...just outside the box.

Story:

Rewind to 1997, I was in my late teens: A friend of mine got a tape of a local act's new album, maybe a week or two before it came out. Evidently, my friend got this tape from a friend of his who worked at a record store. So, pinner that I am, I run into the bass player on the street and tell him how rad his new record is.

So I'm thinking how cool I am and how cool this guy is going to think I am because I got to hear his record before it came out, etc etc....and, of course he asks, sternly, "WHERE DID YOU GET IT?" And I was like, "uhhh, my friend works at xxxx store in xxxxx"...

So, immediately, bass player says "THANKS" and takes off. I didn't really think much of it until a few days later when I heard my friend's friend got fired from the record store.

:)

Hahaha...

I remember back that same year, I got a copy of Faith No More's "Album of the Year" a couple of weeks before its release date, thanks to a friend at a store with a promo. I was so amazed to have the album early, I'll never forget how priveleged I felt about that. Very different than leaks these days...

there are 3 things on this album i liked, andols playing, the production and the samples.

the samples are very cool and there are lots of them thru out the album, much more than the previous albums... but there arent great songs like "impossiblity", but good parts only (OK, there are 3 good songs (average songs): "needle", "no reason to live" and "pleasure in pain") ... everything else is the same and boring and some riffs sounds cliché, no inspiring leads!

guitar sounds huge and andols is kicking asses!!

like reading my mind!
exact same thought..title track is cool also tho! :headbang:

if someones downloading it for free, they aint going into the "Wal Mart" store, no ones earning off it so in the end "Wal Mart" cant afford to "sponsor" albums. I don't think thats brain surgery.

I agree with what Rich Ward wrote, and it also scares me into ever getting a music deal. BUT, I also agree with what Fredrik Nordstrom said in his interview (the one posted in the "Its how you play it" thread) Bottomline though, even if the artist isnt' getting much from an album purchase, its still good to support the bands and the producers with buying a good album.
Also I'm pretty sure Andy Sneap knows the ins/outs of the music biz since he's been in it for awhile

When there's a new band out there, I download the album, just to see what it's like..is it good or not? If so, I buy the album. But with artists that already "have proved" their point to me..:) I instantly buy...no hesitation..

p.s. isn't this one of the reasons derek roddy had to quit hate eternal, cause it was impossible to pay the bills with just the cd sells of hate eternal albums?

Theres always the argument that if you don't like the way the business works there's nothing stopping you doing exactly what Rich is doing. But you are also limiting yourself by lack of advertising, tour support, distribution, press etc, the % will be better for sure but it just depends how you want to play it. Like someone said earlier, with illegal downloading, it's no different to shop lifting. I don't see how people can expect music to be free. Everytime something is played on TV or the Radio theres performance royalties through publishing.

Yep your right regardless of any future development that is yet to happen if you down load for free your still getting saleable produce foor free without the creators getting a penny. It doesnt matter how you argue, its still illegal and therefore yes it is stealing. Capitalism is what gives us the ability to earn more than each other if we work harder or have a better idea. how about pull your finger out, get the fat pay cheque and buy the albums.

The internet nailed them and you pussies who think that downloading is wrong are paying the bill for their ineptitude. How does that feel??

Its easy to call us pussies hiding behind your keyboard but were in the right with the law on our side. This was a healthy debate and you rolled up being a twat and start throwing abuse. Grow up