COB goes Ozzfest??!

Mtv?
I dont like the sound of that...
And they already are getting big in the US, I went to a store the other day, and both CD's were there...which I had never seen before

I dont really mind what Alexi chooses, Im just afraid of Mtv

cobhc34 said:
well heres the thing..when tons people start likeing them then you get a TON of stupid anoying faggy 14 year old kids at there shows. and they complain and bitch if you run into them or pitt...do you want a whole bunch of faggy 14 year olds at there shows?

Kids bug me, but i can hang around at the bar and then use my superior weight and size to get into a good position for the gig. It annoys me more when some kid asked me if i had heard of bodom the other week cause i had norther t-shirt on. I was like...fuck you.

but hell, i dont care.

Elysian893 said:
its not that its a matter of money as in how much the band will make, its a matter of how much the band has to pay. ozzfest is pay to play. my friend kris of darkest hour told me his band paid 75k for their ozzfest slot last year(or was it 2 years ago? i don't remember, i don't follow ozzfest)... it costs a lot to get on that shitty tour.

Good point.

Especially about the shitty tour... haha

Looks like I may have a reason to go this year, though?

While you have to pay to get on the bill, you break even with all the merch you sell. If you want to play on the main stage though, you have to be invited. At least thats what the guy from All Shall Perish told me. I personally don't care what they do, but I actually think that if they want more fans, Ozzfest will be a good thing. If you think about it from the bands perspective, they want to promote their music as much as they can and get tons of fans. There is nothing wrong with that, it's just that the older fans can't stand the "trendy" fans that jump on the boat.

Zack said:
While you have to pay to get on the bill, you break even with all the merch you sell. If you want to play on the main stage though, you have to be invited. At least thats what the guy from All Shall Perish told me. I personally don't care what they do, but I actually think that if they want more fans, Ozzfest will be a good thing. If you think about it from the bands perspective, they want to promote their music as much as they can and get tons of fans. There is nothing wrong with that, it's just that the older fans can't stand the "trendy" fans that jump on the boat.

well said

I also hope they play Wacken, because at the same weekend there's a small festival called Metal Dayz at the Z7 in Pratteln, and because they havent got much money, they always take the Bands from Wacken to Switzerland. CoB did that in 2002. They played Wacken and the next day they headlined the Metal Dayz in Switzerland. Slayer did the same in 2003. So if they play Wacken chance is big, that they will play Metal Dayz Festival also, which would be fuckin awesome. And Ozzfest sucks anyway. It's a fuckin shitty commercial festival led by a fuckin cunt which throws eggs on heavymetal legends like Maiden. So please CoB dont play this fuckin Ozzfest and come to Wacken and Metal Dayz 2006.

Lanterns said:
Fuckity fuck fuck! I wanna see them in WACKEN goddammit!
well if cob cancelling wacken means few thousands less OMGALEXI!!!1 kids I'd be more than happy, even without CoB Wacken is crowded with those little annoying bastards...

I'm pretty sure that they don't cancel Wacken.
I just got an E-Mail from Universal Records and it said that COB are playing at Wacken. And I'm pretty sure they get in touble if they wanna cancel it now.

I doubt that cob is a headliner, Celtic Frost and Emperor will do the job, there is still one slot open for a headliner but i bet they will get a better band than cob to take it. And on the other hand think about it, would Laiho give a shit about european audience if he could go on Ozzfest and gets tons of US kids buy their albums? If he loves America so much he's free to go, I'm not gonna miss him here.

Ralf said:
And on the other hand think about it, would Laiho give a shit about european audience if he could go on Ozzfest and gets tons of US kids buy their albums?
NO.
When I'm drunk my true fugly colors come out.
Maybe I'm speaking the truth in just these moiments?
Someone out there gets money for nothing.

Final_Product said:
Kids bug me, but i can hang around at the bar and then use my superior weight and size to get into a good position for the gig. It annoys me more when some kid asked me if i had heard of bodom the other week cause i had norther t-shirt on. I was like...fuck you.

but hell, i dont care.
youll care when those fags invade there shows..

ozzfest is not full of hardcore bands. whoever says that has no idea what hardcore is, or they are to ignorant and classify all metal bands that they do not like, under "hardcore".