COB start writing new album

Both Old and New Bodom are brilliant in their own different way.

I agree.
(Although, I wouldn't use "NEW and OLD Bodom", they are not NEW, but their sound is, so I would probably say "Bodom's NEW and OLD sound.")

And the only thing that I don't like about RRF is that there is no "Bodom" word involved in their songs, but everything else is ok.

Well, what was really similar to their old stuff? That melody, it's like straight out of the HB/FTR era. And bang, immediately it's the best thing.

Listen to this fucking song, we need this stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbEecLgdVw

As much as I figured out this whole story about "NEW and OLD Bodom", I think that they have been, are, and will be changing their music direction because they don't want to be labeled
And, if you listen well, every their album is different (the only thing that stays the same is the melodic part), so that is why people classify them as Melodic Death metal band (I do the same thing and I shouldn't), and expect them to record/play/sound just like that and nothing else.

And the only thing that I don't like about RRF is that there is no "Bodom" word involved in their songs, but everything else is ok.

Yeah :erk: this was kinda disappointing.. I just hope that they'll keep the Reaper on their albums..

:lol: Alexi already promised there will be five Bodom titles on the next album, to make it up for you.

Why is the Reaper in the cover art important to you, or a Bodom -themed song, if the music or lyrics have nothing to do with it anymore?

I think that they have been, are, and will be changing their music direction because they don't want to be labeled

And, if you listen well, every their album is different

For the past two albums they haven't really been changing.

Henkka on the Mobile Backstage Community:

" hi guys! will start writing new Stuff this spring. also photobook and 15 Years compilation out. it has funny dvd Stuff in it too..."

Henkka on the Mobile Backstage Community:

" hi guys! will start writing new Stuff this spring. also photobook and 15 Years compilation out. it has funny dvd Stuff in it too..."

good news! Can`t wait for the photobook :Spin:

You really think song titles like Pussyfoot Miss Suicide and Shovel Knockout have absolutely nothing to do with the reaper?

Yes, the first has to do with chicks who try to get attention by slitting themselves with a cheesegrater, the second is a perfect title for the rebellious teenagers of Bodom theme, but none of this really has anything to do with the old theme. It just b a r e l y tries to still be about it, only cos it would be stupid for them to change their band name/idea.

I think suicide is an unfair and selfish act in all cases but unbearable pain or psychosis. I think whoever lures the depressed further away from hope is the angel of death. And I think whoever kills somebody is the one whose soul suffers, not the victim.

The topics might subjectically be about similar issues, but don't fool yourself thinking the spirit is the same. We already thought deeper about this than Alexi ever thought about RRF.

I think we have literally zero information about the new album other than that they plan on starting writing this spring so there is nothing to talk about other than the same old 'we want the best album evurr' stuff.

But if you must speculate:
-Writing album: spring/summer
-Studio: winter
-Release: Spring/Summer 2013

That's my guess.

Nooo, maybe autumn 2013 is release. I don't even wanna think about this autumn, I want next summer to last forever. RRF is already cold, it's been out over a year, it was disappointing, and I have no expectations over the next one. It can't be worse than RRF tho. I think it will be their second to last album. I'll be dumbfounded if they waste this opportunity to do something musically great.

On May 21st, world famous Finnish metal superstars CHILDREN OF BODOM will release Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth), a very special CD+DVD career retrospective in celebration of the band's 15th anniversary.

The release will spotlight specially selected tracks from every one of the band's critically acclaimed albums (1997's Something Wild, 1999's Hatebreeder, 2000's Follow The Reaper, 2003's Hate Crew Deathroll, 2005's Are You Dead Yet?, 2008's Blooddrunk and 2011's Relentless Reckless Forever), plus two newly-recorded (and undeniably fun) cover songs and detailed liner notes penned by the members of COB themselves.

The DVD portion of the package will include "candid touring and backstage footage from around the world”, plus the never-before-seen music video for Relentless Reckless Forever's 'Shovel Knockout'.

"15 Years Of Wasted Youth is the sound of Children Of Bodom working hard, partying hard, being relentless and stubborn," says the band's superstar guitarist / vocalist Alexi Laiho. “We went through many brick walls to get to where we are, and after seven studio albums, two live albums, non-stop touring, bleeding and breaking a lot of bones, I think we are justified in putting this album out. Let the music speak for itself. You have been warned."

The release of Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years Of Wasted Youth) continues Children Of Bodom's year-long anniversary celebration, which kicked off with the band's highly successful 15th Anniversary headlining tour of North America - a run of dates greeted by rave reviews.

On the heels of the Stateside portion of the band's worldwide celebration, Children Of Bodom has announced a slew of European live performances and summer festival appearances alongside rock royalty such as GUNS N' ROSES, MÖTLEY CRÜE, OZZY OSBOURNE and more.

The band's summer touring schedule is shaping up as follows:

The two new cover songs will give a small hint on the band's level of seriousness atm and whether they see any will to change sound after a year has passed from RRF.

The whole funny covers thing got out of hand I don't know how many, 10-20 cover songs ago. Somebody Put Something In My Drink was good, it was a nice experiment to try something strikingly different. But now it's all been about making shitty ass covers about shitty thrash songs in hangover. I probably listened to the new ones one or two times, it was just so obvious they're not even trying anymore.

Someone might say give them a break, all the touring and drinking and stuff... I've heard Mozart wrote his best shit when he was deaf, so there's no excuses. :lol:

Obviously cover songs don't matter at all to matter, I'd rather have a band not release any cover songs, but they just give an indication on the level of seriousness and the style of sound at the time being.

Get inspired, or at least do something that's 100% gay, like Lagy Gaga or Justin Bieber, if this is what you wanna do...

This is Joonas post 6666, hail Satan.

Here we go again...
crybaby.jpg

SPSIMD isn't really a good song. Rebel Yell, Aces High, Antisocial, Hell is for children and Waiting are fucking awesome cover.

Here we go again...
crybaby.jpg

SPSIMD isn't really a good song. Rebel Yell, Aces High, Antisocial, Hell is for children and Waiting are fucking awesome cover.

Once again, my dear wristband faggot friend, I agree with you.

Joonas, why the hell do you bitch about cover songs when majority of them are pretty cool and they've always been part of the band? We all know you're so autistic that you're unable to accept the fact that the band has changed permanently over the years to a less serious style but whining about it on this board does not help at all. So take the burger out of your ass and start contributing something a little bit more mature. And insulting Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber is so 2010 and childish that it makes me lol.