COB start writing new album

It's completely new to me, I don't see any connection with the previous albums, I would not say it's a return to the roots, it's completly different!
Still it's a AMAZING album, Bodom Blue Moon, OBAaKND, Scream For Silence and All twisted are my favourites. The only song I don't like is YDAN, for unknow reason I find this song kind of boring(sorry), I would not listen to it over and over.
Can't wait to see them playing the new stuff in live! :)

I can tell I like tracks 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 off this album, which is 5 new enjoyable songs. The chorus in track 7 is over repetitive and gay, but otherwise this stuff is ligette. The thrash elements are minus point to me. I'd like more darkness, atmosphere and brutality, melodic riffs, but they got pretty close so I guess I'm happy this time. Half of this album is what I dreamt of and I'd say I personally enjoy it more than the last albums.

I'll give a proper review with some hardcore metaphors and deep examination and my visions later...

Holy fuck!
It's the best thing from CoB since 2001 (or 2003 if somebody very like HCDR also).
I'm preety sure, that in future, when lot of memories will be connected with this album it'll grow to one of the best ones along with HB, FTR (and HCDR).

9,5/10 only because there is no track with feel of "the fastest without any doubt".
But still masterpiece. With return to the roots elements, sinergy vibe and fresh ideas and some feeling that almost every song is different.

They we're right in first trailer vid. CoB is back. Have no idea from where, because they we're always high, but that album is definitely next proof that CoB deserve to be my favourite band "forever since ever".

Thread cleaned.

Gentlemen (and ladies), I know you mean well and most have pre-ordered etc., but lets not disrespect the band in their own house with sharing of the files, etc. If the band were cool with it and said it is ok to do on their own forum that's one thing, but we should not assume they would even remotely be ok with this.

Thanks.

On about my 10th listen. Can't get enough of it. Has so much replay value. I still find myself discovering new things with each listen, which is what I love about the old unpredictable COB in the SW days. Although I love the whole album, I think the second half is much stronger. Particularly tracks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

Soundsblog.it met Alexi Laiho and Henkka Seppala in Milan, to chat about COB’s latest album, Halo Of Blood. Here’s the list of questions discussed…
00:45 - People always complain that “the first albums are better”. How do you react to that kind of comment?
01:50 - So, what makes you sure that halo of blood is better than your first records?
02:30 - Right from the beginning of the title-track, there’s some rough, fast black metal riffing…what made you look back at the black metal roots in your music?
03:40 - You claim that on the album there’s the fastest song ever written by the band - where do you go from there, how much faster can a song be for the next album?
04:10 - And on the record we also find “dead man’s hand on you”, the band’s slowest song ever - were you just trying to test your skills if you can slow down?
05:15 - It seems like the recording of the album was very very quick, if in january you were finishing off writing lyrics, and now we’re already here talking about the finished record!
05:50 -In the early stages of recordings, a working title for a song was ‘Moto GP’ - i would be curious to know which song it is, now!
06:55 - Cover songs decided by Japanes fans… not including gangnam style!
09:11 - Jeff Waters guest-starring on a cover song.
09:55 - During last year’s tour you had half a car on the stage. What was up with that?
11:00 - Do you feel like “gods of metal”, after having played our own festival?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Album is greet! My favorite is All Twisted, closely followed by Scream for Silence, followed by One Bottle and a Knee Deep. I think Dead Man's Hand on You is totall shit so I just act like this song doesn't exist. In that Scenario I hate it that the bodom song is the worst song on the album :\. Still great Album!

I didn't think that I would end the album so cold and 'bored'. It was an uneasy listening, really. I don't like the songs as a whole, only some parts, I hope they grow on me.

Tracks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are my favs.

EDIT: My favourite part on the album could be the sample of WOS to HOB. Those are the blastbeats of the devil.

The Album is greet! My favorite is All Twisted, closely followed by Silent Scream, followed by One Bottle and a Knee Deep. I think Dead Man's Hand on You is totall shit so I just act like this song doesn't exist. In that Scenario I hate it that the bodom song is the worst song on the album :. Still great Album!

Silent Scream? Interesting... What album did you get?

My opinion:

Scream For Silence
Bodom Blue Moon

>

Waste of Skin
Dead Man's Hand on You

>

One Bottle and Knee Deep

>

Damaged Beyond Repair

>

All Twisted
Halo of Blood

>

Transference
The Days Are Numbered

I didn't think that I would end the album so cold and 'bored'. It was an uneasy listening, really. I don't like the songs as a whole, only some parts, I hope they grow on me.

Tracks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are my favs.

EDIT: My favourite part on the album could be the sample of WOS to HOB. Those are the blastbeats of the devil.
partially agree, I've had this RRF feeling again, like "give it a try couple more times and you'll figure out this lead" and then well I never figured them. Anyways the album delivered overall.

I was at the lush paradise summer forest at the lakeshore and listened to this album. The songs One Bottle and a Knee Deep and Dead Man's Hand On You have this groove like you're floating on waves in a boat.

I feel like preparing to torture someone. After Teansference I get into business and All twisted is grande finale. OBKD is the credits.