COB start writing new album

Actually the oedipal complex is about secretly desiring sexually the parent of opposite sex: son desiring mother. It's often because of jealousy to the other parent of the same sex - the son wants to experience he's the one who fulfills his mother and makes her happy, and he can't accept when entering puberty that he can't be the one to satisfy the mother sexually. But there's transference too, when the boy searches for a companion who reminds of the mother...

The lyrics of the song Transference aren't really that deep I guess. I really can't understand the meaning of the lyrics, what situation do they tell about. Surely Alexi's aware of these terms as he probably took some therapy sessions in the past... this isn't confirmed but he did say in an interview "someone" kind of helped him out... For sure the most anger-inspiring topic for men IS the way women can get anything they want sexually and make a man feel worthless and rejected. I completely understand why many COB tracks were created as a fuck you to those women. I could imagine it's something to do with Alexi's frustration when a woman views him as this guitar hero and not as a real person, but this is pure speculation.

Yes the transference is an important element in psychoanalysis and in general dealing with mental patients. It's closely associated with adjusting the interactive 'distance' between patient and therapist. Transference could be the patient views the therapist as her former lover, in which case the transference is suppressed by increasing distance. Some patients don't care to involve the therapist himself into the sessions, instead just talk.

I happen to know much of the stuff you typed about. Anyway it's cool how they can make a title for the album that can have a meaning on many different levels, depending on the individual's depth of thinking. On the artwork Halo of Blood is pretty much symbolized as a circular trail of blood on snow, as some people can't understand it deeper. It's a very clever title.

Yes, the album is very clever. Taking into account the timing of it's release and the corresponding timeline of when it would have been written you can clearly see it as part of a grief process. Even when you look at alexi going into the hospital about every half a year you think well maybe he is very troubled with grief. Grief can manifest in many psychological and physical ways. So if you establish an overlaying grief theme you are still open to interpret many particular psychological turns.

YES, I like talking with myself. It's when I eat pizza that I build discussion with this other account for excitement, just don't tell the n00bs. I like pizza, I put rat meat and bananas on it.

Bananas, you say. Freudian interpretations, freudian interpretations everywhere.

And i thought i was called pizzaface because i had acne. I am still fairly certain they called me braceface because i had braces and foureyes because of my glasses.

Yes I live in a basement and there is nothing else available than rats that sometimes dive up from my toilet flushing system, so it's good I have a way to stay alive. I grab them from the tail, smack them on the table, then fry them on the pan. Add some chili and it is good.

Poor sad Joonas. I will come take you out of the basement, and we can eat tortas and drink atole. Then we can play xbox, and watch movies. Had to cancel hbo- the promotion was over and i am not fucking made of money. So we will have to go to the redbox for movies. Oh and there is no internet access nor a computer, but you can still troll from my smartphone. You will have to find someone to bootleg for you if you want Game of Thrones.

3a0a57b2c629.gif

this isn't confirmed but he did say in an interview "someone" kind of helped him out... For sure the most anger-inspiring topic for men IS the way women can get anything they want sexually and make a man feel worthless and rejected. I completely understand why many COB tracks were created as a fuck you to those women. I could imagine it's something to do with Alexi's frustration when a woman views him as this guitar hero and not as a real person, but this is pure speculation.

Are you suggesting Alexi is a narcissistic personality? I always had him figured for more of an antisocial personality. The two types do commonly pair up you know. The antisocial is drawn in by the deviant attitudes of the narcissist. It is common that narcissists do not recognize rape. No matter how much they are taught they will refuse to acknowledge that a person has been raped or that in a certain described act either party was unwilling. Sometimes this creates an unusual sexual dynamic between the narcissist and the antisocial particularly when drugs are involved. The antisocial will often initiate sexual behavior not out of interest but purely for it's deviant nature. This is sometimes perceived as a power struggle similar to what you have described- a display of dominance. But generally the antisocial will remain subservient to the narccissist unless the antisocial perceives they have been put in the position of a whore or a victim in which case the antisocial will react in various deviant and violent ways. Together the narcissist and the antisocial are prone to prey on people with mood disorders.

Both are class b disorders. Other class b disorders are histrionic and borderline. Class a includes schizoid, schizotypal, and paranoid. Schizophrenia, schizoaffective, and bipolar are commonly considered mood disorders with psychotic features. Class c is anxiety disorders- ocd, avoidant, dependant. Class a are odd disorders. Class b are dramatic, emotional.

Of course, i do not mean to say there is a genuine disordet, just traits.

As far as I understand it, the lyrics of Transference talk about transfering your anger from hating someone to hating yourself and eventually resulting in self destruction and suicide. But that's just my interpretation.

Well that sounds borderline. There is a lot of social stigma associated with borderline. Hard to say who is really picking on them according to their accounts since they are typically very paranoid of victimization. They are prone to substance abuse, self destruction, and alternately idolizing and deriding others. They are very destructive to themselves and those around them, but they do not see it. They only see other people hurting them. Children of borderlines (often unintended and undesired pregnancies) frequently develop mood disorders.

Very sharp and thoughtful, and I actually studied all this last year at school. Good to refresh memory now and then. Everyone has thousands of traits... these are of course just diagnosis; lists of traits and symptoms. There can be a bit of everything... one can't be purely compartmented to a certain diagnosis really...

I don't know about Alexi, but I myself... despite being very good-hearted, I have a tyrant-side as well... I love and care for life and nature so much I want to cleanse or eradicate everything that threatens it, by forceful ways if necessary. I know I deserve respect, I just have to figure the right ways to channel spiritual potential into reality, to make others think I deserve respect... I don't know what personality disorder this is... And I get really pissed off when a girl treats me with no respect. Same probably with Alexi, when someone shows no respect at all to his achievements. We act upon love to life, and when someone can't see that, it's insulting.

Well that sounds borderline. There is a lot of social stigma associated with borderline. Hard to say who is really picking on them according to their accounts since they are typically very paranoid of victimization. They are prone to substance abuse, self destruction, and alternately idolizing and deriding others. They are very destructive to themselves and those around them, but they do not see it. They only see other people hurting them. Children of borderlines (often unintended and undesired pregnancies) frequently develop mood disorders.

Yes, this subject is familiar to me... So many borderline girls these days, who only demand perfectness from a man and see their personal evil sides totally justified and perfect. Typical for them is not realizing their projection of their own negatives to another person.

Joonas, i would say you have narcissistic traits. You crave admiration, and expect others to recognize your accomplishments. Your criticism of those that do not respect you can be quite vicious. I would not say you have the disorder. Clearly you have achieved- narcissist personality disorder claims praise it does not deserve. I would say most likely your parents and teachers probably have not praised you sufficiently so you seek it from other sources. Parents and teachers are obliged to know your achievement and praise you for it. The general population is not required to know what you have done even if you are a rockstar. For every new person you meet you will have to achieve again and again for praise.

I would say now you can do me, but you already did. I have borderline traits. You know i get paranoid of victimization, but i have been a victim. And as a person only having traits i have recognized what i do to others. As i got sober. So i am. Trying to do better about that.

In conclusion, congratulations Joonas for all your many talents and accomplishments. You deserve a standing ovation.

Nice analysis and it's all true. I don't want to demand praise for something I don't deserve, but there are certain things that gave me narcissistic traits. As child in our village the other kids decided I was 'sergeant Joonas' for many years in our games of wooden swords, as my mind quality was most suitable for a leader. Then shit started getting fucked up in life and eventually I was somewhere where school mates didn't respect me at all, teachers didn't respect me anymore, no respect from father figure, no respect from girls. Before you knew I was listening to metal, getting into drinking and partying, doing antisocial things in my early twenties, while simultaneously I had sports hobbies and creative hobbies and two exceptionally wise people that gave me unusual skills and knowledge in life, but when people can't see or respect it I get mad. I've had quite a 'black and white' life, made many friends and many foes.

One thing is, I don't care for admiration from everybody, and don't fully like myself either. But I can go alone against everybody else's opinion and get lashed out at if I have a different view. I don't believe in "no judgement" when someone's doing the wrong thing. Of course I learned to do it more modest lately and try to understand where everybody's level is at before insulting.

I just hate getting rejected by fat, ugly, stupid chicks who can pick any guy they want in this town because of their sexual domino position and think they're superior just because they have pussy and can choose a guy of much much higher level. That's something that's pissed me off big time and something I didn't expect to see when growing up. With guys it's different: I don't need guys I don't like (as opposed to needing the opposite sex), and guys never trouble me anymore (in the past it was usually a gang), it's always the same story... I'm not that insecure, thin guy anymore so they respect me on the street, but girls have this unfair position where they can lift themselves on a pedestal and vomit over everybody knowing they won't be punished for it. Their behavior is such that guys would take bloody vengeance on them if they weren't girls.

This convo started when I said the girls don't give respect? The thing is it's disappointing when I get less admiration from girls after I climbed out of that dark place and surrounded myself with positive, healthy and spiritual things, started living a creative and healthy life again. Not gonna go back living like that if that's what it takes to get girls' attention. You know how they love "bad boys" and shit these days, who just drink and don't achieve anything real. Disappointing.

One thing I should learn is not everybody wants to hear my stories, and should do this in private...

Btw what do you study and who are you anyway?