COB start writing new album

I wish we could get Joonas and Alexi in the same room for like 30 minutes for the most epic interview of all time.

I could ask deep as hell questions, like the most alien shit you've ever imagined, concerning the art and music, and making some comparisons to other bands and talk about the future of music. Alexi did reply 7 of my questions on the eve of the last album, so that's the closest I got... At least I've been able to share my deep shit here so they can read it in their coffee table without having to deal with my annoying liveness, it's his project and maybe it's creepy when a fan is so deep about it. They should arrange more of these video fan question thingies and throw the questions around table full of liquor. The best bits could be cut and glued for a fan interview session for an upcoming DVD or something. Actually if you had on the DVD "Joonas Interviews Alexi" 30 minute clip it would be hilarious.

I'm not sure what my intuition is telling me about the process of the current album... I'll just shut up this time. I gave my ideas on the Album Idea thread...

At the moment there should be 5-6 songs ready. Kind of curious to see how it's like, since this time there has been silence both from the band's side and my side (mostly).

You live on the moon if you think I'm the one he would insult here.

I could ask deep as hell questions, like the most alien shit you've ever imagined, concerning the art and music, and making some comparisons to other bands and talk about the future of music. Alexi did reply 7 of my questions on the eve of the last album, so that's the closest I got... At least I've been able to share my deep shit here so they can read it in their coffee table without having to deal with my annoying liveness, it's his project and maybe it's creepy when a fan is so deep about it.

Did you insinuate that you knew and spoke to the band, then pulled it back, then insinuate you could be friends but you'd rather not bother them with you're shitty personality?

Fuck yeaah.

I have strong inside information suggesting COB is about to choose a fans' wet dream path and go back to their roots. They hesitated but giving overnight thought to it Alexi agreed to make the new album Hatebreeder II. As he never liked the nintendo-sound he insisted to keep it as heavy and dark as ever. SNBN pt. 2 anyone?

Fuck yeaah.

I have strong inside information suggesting COB is about to choose a fans' wet dream path and go back to their roots. They hesitated but giving overnight thought to it Alexi agreed to make the new album Hatebreeder II. As he never liked the nintendo-sound he insisted to keep it as heavy and dark as ever. SNBN pt. 2 anyone?

wouldn't hold your breathe on that one, I've watched a ton of his interviews and he is pretty dedicated to continuing to move forward rather than "looking back."

Maybe song structure / melody / art wise though...

I heard one in particular where he talked about the neoclassical riffing and he seemed pretty resentful of it

Well, it was a joke... but no-one wants a Hatebreeder pt. 2, because every album has its weakness, and they can't mimic the sound of that album anymore. Just give us pure epicness, whatever the color is.

Well, it was a joke... but no-one wants a Hatebreeder pt. 2, because every album has its weakness, and they can't mimic the sound of that album anymore. Just give us pure epicness, whatever the color is.

Wait, so do you actually have strong inside information or was that a joke too?

I shouldn't have said so much. They're triangulating into my position now, attempting to silence me. I'm scared. The whole record crew and that weird guy with the gown and scythe. Should've just kept it to myself.

Yeah, they blatantly used the "return to the roots" orgasmic sales boost slogan with EVERY album that came after HCDR, still they've made more or less the same album now 5 times in a row. Halo of Blood was a return to the roots in terms of cover artwork and some fresh sounds, I guess that implied to how you can frigging SEE the slush all over Waste of Skin, the tremolo in Halo of Blood, the melodies in Scream for Silence, the chorus in Transference, the snow rain in Your Days Are Numbered and the chorus in All Twisted... see, basically all the atmospheric and good shit, but come on... you can't compare All Twisted to Follow the Reaper. There's good moments, but you have to pick them like strawberries over a cake.

It would just be sick to have something electrical and pumping (think of Follow the Reaper intro, Chokehold live version) and Satanic, it can be doom metal influences, black metal, cyber goth, I don't care... There has to be moods (like the devil woke up on the wrong side of the bed) and musical stuff so engaging it's like the rats invented an alien plasma cannon in their severs and are about to come up from the shadows and take over the world. This shit's supposed to be very underground and musically groundbreaking, leaving nothing but ashes remaining of the competing musicians. Alexi should take another approach to his songwriting, don't start by recording random guitar playing and gluing shit together, start by listening to your deep frequency of creativity, all those wildly creative, atmospheric goth-Indian-voodoo-death songs just waiting for someone to invent them. Instead of blindwalking on a path littered with diamonds, look underneath the leaves, to dark burrows still undiscovered. I'd go as far as to say put synthesizers and drums higher in importance, then worry about guitars.

Well guys the dust has settled and I have a confession to make... I like RRF better than HOB. I can still listen the shit out of Not My Funeral and SKO but the only song that I don't skip from HOB is All Twisted. I also listen to pussyfoot miss suicide occasionally.

But when I'm driving to work I put in follow the reaper and instead of traffic I feel like I'm drifting through the morning fog on the lake in my boat.

But when I'm driving to work I put in follow the reaper and instead of traffic I feel like I'm drifting through the morning fog on the lake in my boat.

I can feel the coolness coming off the lake....so cold....

Well guys the dust has settled and I have a confession to make... I like RRF better than HOB. I can still listen the shit out of Not My Funeral and SKO but the only song that I don't skip from HOB is All Twisted. I also listen to pussyfoot miss suicide occasionally.

NMF, SKO and PMS are the only songs I listen to off RRF (and sometimes the Ugly solo). But HOB is great too. HOB, All Twisted, DBR and TDAN are awesome songs.