COB start writing new album

You weren't here before RRF. When that album came out, my wild theories did not matter anymore, because the atmosphere needed to be fixed before anything mattered...

Without that it's just notes being thrown at you. Atmosphere is when the music creates a vision or an emotion in you, or both like FtR. Colour is in the sound alone, so you can have a colour without atmosphere, like RRF. Actually RRF even has an emotion going on at times (SKO), but the moments where my brain detects an atmosphere on it are scarce: the very beginning seconds of NMF, verse of RTHAB, and so on.

Unfortunately I'm having a feeling the coming COB album will sound gray and have little or no atmosphere. This silence worries me.

Without that it's just notes being thrown at you. Atmosphere is when the music creates a vision or an emotion in you, or both like FtR. Colour is in the sound alone, so you can have a colour without atmosphere, like RRF. Actually RRF even has an emotion going on at times (SKO), but the moments where my brain detects an atmosphere on it are scarce: the very beginning seconds of NMF, verse of RTHAB, and so on.

Unfortunately I'm having a feeling the coming COB album will sound gray and have little or no atmosphere. This silence worries me.

atmosphere

atmosphere, ilmapiiri, 雰囲気, Atmosphäre, atmosfär, атмосфера, atmosfeer, atmosferë, الجو, մթնոլորտ, ambiente, atmosfera, atmosphère so good maan all we need is more atmosphere, ilmapiiri, 雰囲気, Atmosphäre, atmosfär, атмосфера, atmosfeer, atmosferë, الجو, մթնոլորտ, ambiente, atmosfera, atmosphère
atmosphere, ilmapiiri, 雰囲気, Atmosphäre, atmosfär, атмосфера, atmosfeer, atmosferë, الجو, մթնոլորտ, ambiente, atmosfera, atmosphère
atmosphere, ilmapiiri, 雰囲気, Atmosphäre, atmosfär, атмосфера, atmosfeer, atmosferë, الجو, մթնոլորտ, ambiente, atmosfera, atmosphère

The atmosphere is Bodom blue, and that's because Follow the Reaper is the best album.

easbanner.jpg

Hope it's not the same shit again, hope the band establishes soon they have a vividly doom album or vividly melodic album or another sensation like the cult albums.

Don't get your hopes up. Even tho the album says it, I don't think Alexi is reckless and relentless anymore. I think the 'cult' albums are result of his life situation at the time and the notes just poured out from the heart. He's living the chill life now. He probably sits there with his guitar and forces himself to write something. Maybe why everything is so technical now.

Yeah, best art is always written with heart-blood. If one still wants to create 'touching' art after aeons of self-therapy, it's hard to do following patterns, formulas and cunning technical execution, you always need to go back and dig deep to look for the elements that move a human mind. Music as art is feelings and events in sound format. No technique has a purpose unless it's bound to an emotion of some kind. I think this is part reason why bands tend to look for darker, heavier and gloomier soundworld after the gem has been created. Maybe it's the gloomy part that's missing with COB now. I think a memorable heavy riffing sound tied with a memorable melodic lead is the key, after that start exploring the unwritten ideas. I can tell you there's ZERO chance to tap into those ideas when you're surrounded by other people. You gotta think about strong ideas: maybe one song about the underworld drug addicts, one song about violence towards kids, one song about your youthful gang fights, a slow song about those that fuck the system and never pay their rent... See, IT CAN BE DONE.

Maybe it's the gloomy part that's missing with COB now.
So you're telling me the first 3 albums are more gloomy than BD or HOB?
I can tell you there's ZERO chance to tap into those ideas when you're surrounded by other people..
The intro and song idea to Nothing Else Matters was written by Hetfield during a phone call. ^^

And how do you know that every epic and memorable riff was written by only Alexi and not by the band during a jam session?

So you're telling me the first 3 albums are more gloomy than BD or HOB?

The intro and song idea to Nothing Else Matters was written by Hetfield during a phone call. ^^

And how do you know that every epic and memorable riff was written by only Alexi and not by the band during a jam session?

Note, Alexi said in an interview that in HoB Roope made some of the Solo's and riffs, dont underestimate the old geezer lol

All material should be ready in 1-5 weeks, considering they're entering studio in April, which is 1 week away. There's some 8 new COB tracks written by now.

I really hope it's something different, because with the formula they've been doing since 2002, the songs would have to be bloody brilliant to get noticed... So instead I hope they invent some interesting sounds and ways to use their instruments, definitely more futuristic elements and more ancient elements, or else a straight up return to green/blue album days. No point in wasting this opportunity by making Halo part 2. I'm not so keen on whether it's about the mysterious Lake or an apocalyptic city this time, as long as it's interesting, good and most of all full of eerie atmosphere. More echo, more choir backgrounds, more industrial keyboard sounds, and never forget the orchestral hits.

There should be some news about the album shortly, if the manager/promotial team are doing their job. If not Bodom really should look for new ones because the hype needs to be started when they enter studio!

Pretty sure they would remind of their existence to their fans, if they had something breathtaking.

It's just retarded we don't even see Alexi typing 'came up with some cool ideas last week and a new song has been born.' Maybe hyping one's art that's in progress is lame and desperate, but it would be exciting to know at least where they're going and what feeling they have. Probably stressed? Maybe the anticipation will fade if the timespan is too long?

I still think if they had something absolutely fantastic, we would know... Record company starts hyping the fuck out of everything when nearing the release, but before that no-one's telling the band to shut up. Having a great album come 'out of nowhere' without describing it in advance is an exciting idea, but the wait is frustrating when one doesn't know if it will be good.

It's daunting to try to match epic albums of the past, for sure.

I guess pretty soon there will be a "calm down" update.

My crystal ball says this one will sound gray... So if it sounds forest green or girly pink, I will lose my marbles and get all excited.

Maybe they are purposefully being secretive about the recording and they will announce that the album has been finished in a month or two

Maybe they are purposefully being secretive about the recording and they will announce that the album has been finished in a month or two

Not an expert on this, but I don't think that's considered "good marketing". Hype is always what sells stuff, and that doesn't create a similar hype.