COB start writing new album

You know what this album really needs is some great solos. Sucks to say but nothing in Halo Of Blood knocks my socks off. They're good and tasteful and all but I want something like Kissing The Shadows or Hate Me where I hear the solo and my face is melting.

Everybody saw the trend in 2003-2011 when metal bands all went for that thrashy, heavy, hammering sound, and in 2012-2014 so many metal bands decided to appeal to fans by "going back to the roots" in terms of sound, but each and every last of them failing to include the atmosphere and creativity of their past records... So what is the new trend? What will Bodom, Hypocrisy, Cradle etc try with these coming releases, will there be a common trend? I think in recent years bands have been going for a sound that's very clear and simultaneously heavy, but at the end it lacks a colour and character. I'd really like a rich soundworld that includes futuristic, industrial sounds and also a sense of ambience. The sound has become too sterile and uninteresting, just focusing on sound quality. I'd like Bodom to give more emphasis on digging interesting synthesizers, drums and electric feeling, instead of the riff-dominant approach.

There was a clip of the new CoF album on youtube, but it's down already. I thought it was fake since it sounded exactly like something from Damnation or one of their other early 2000's albums, but I went through that material and couldn't find anything that matched the clip. Very generic symphonic metal, but good vocals if you're into his style, especially since he sounded like crap on the last two they put out.

edit: lol nevermind, it was just some CoF knock off band. impressive emulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huRDjwWBoWU

Anybody seen this about Machine Head support tour canceled last fall?

http://www.metalinsider.net/beefs/machine-heads-robb-flynn-calls-out-children-of-bodom-their-fans

Apparently the headman of Machine Head wrote about Bodom:

For a band, it’s broken down a bit different. There are of course the diehard supporters. They’re first and foremost. There also exists a large group of “I’m-not-really-sure-if-they-are-fans-or-not,” and last and certainly least, there’s the people whose sole purpose is to troll your page. Like, I don’t know… let’s say the Children Of Bodom “Hate Crew” that has been out in full force in light of the US tour being re-scheduled. It’s typical shit talking, albeit a ton of it to the actual Machine Head fans saying ‘how much better Bodom are than Machine Head’ and how ‘Bodom should’ve been headlining over Machine Head’, and “fuck Machine Head”.

However, most people usually need the motivation to act like fools and Alexi’s little bitch-ass response certainly got the “Hate Crew” fired up.

Hate Crew?… pffffft!… more like “Alexi-ain’t-that-Great-Crew!”, more like, “bought-a-ticket-too-Late-Crew!”, more like, “It’s-not-my-fault-you’re-a-virgin-and-can’t-get-a-Date-Crew”!!

Alexi's original message to us was the following, and he wrote is because Machine Head canceled the tour because Bodom fans said Machine Head doesn't deserve to be headlining a tour with Bodom :lol: I can't even remember writing that... maybe it was on facebook, where the masses are?

"I will not go into details on why or what happened, but I need you, my friends, to know that this had nothing to do with me or Children Of Bodom. But hey, you know what? Shit fuckin' happens, life goes on, and at least now we have an extra month and a half to write new COB shit. So, instead of focusing on the negative, I'm gonna start to write music this very second and it will be some angry shit."

http://www.soundi.fi/uutiset/alexi-...lisesti-machine-head-pomo-veti-herneet-nenaan

What a fucking lame bitch-ass that Machine Head guy is. Quit whining and write some good music, then maybe you wouldn't need to be bitter over not having a fan crew yourself, little bitch fuck, bet you were scared to realize the crowd is more impressed with Bodom.

Yeah, Machine Head is bullshit and why the fuck would Bodom warm up for them? Maybe they could've in '98. This would've been a mad stupid tour. If he thinks it's "acting like fool" saying the truth then he's living in denial of reality. Good thing Bodom focused on writing the new album instead. We've not moved into a time when Bodom should go down and warm up for worthless bands, we've come to a time when Slayer should warm up for Bodom.

Not saying Bodom is perfect, they need to take certain songs out of their live set, fix the vocals and start writing stunning albums again.

Pretty sure the Laiho-Hypocrisy tour cancelled because Hypocrisy fans didn't want a 'pop star' to interfere with their pure true metal. I know cos I studied their message board back then and that's what they said. The chemistry of the supporting and headlining bands' fans needs to work, it has to be accepted one is 'above' the other.

Anybody seen this about Machine Head support tour canceled last fall?

Hate Crew?… pffffft!… more like “Alexi-ain’t-that-Great-Crew!”, more like, “bought-a-ticket-too-Late-Crew!”, more like, “It’s-not-my-fault-you’re-a-virgin-and-can’t-get-a-Date-Crew”!![/I]

I honestly thought that was hilarious, but yeah Robb Flynn is a pretty notorious douche who likes to start drama. The sad part is the dude is like 47 and Alexi said absolutely nothing bad

In the post, Laiho writes that the cancellation of the tour had “nothing to do with me or CoB.” He added, in the entry dated Sept. 18, ‘Two days ago I was on top of the world with my ride and stoked to get out there, crank out metal and raise hell with you guys.” Laiho then vented that his car overheated and about three hours later he found out the tour was canceled.

The frustrated Finnish guitarist and singer also said the band is going to use this time wisely. “Life goes on and at least now we have an extra month and a half to write new CoB s–t instead of focusing on the negative, I’m gonna start to write music this very second and it will be some angry s—t.” Laiho added, “I guess this is me apologizing on everyone’s behalf that we let you down.”

They should resurrect Type O Negative and have them tour with Bodom. Damn, I knew a guitarist/vocalist who looked and sounded just like Peter Steele.

Why not try Marilyn Manson... play songs like One Day You Will Cry... just swallow the pride and steal their fans. There's many industrial gothic bands, whose fans would certainly enjoy COB. Ones that have more fame, but less talent than COB.

Why not Rob Zombie? They would be a very interesting combo.

I wouldn't say less talent. You can't compare Manson with Bodom for example. Both are two completely different genres. And Manson is awesome and one of my favorite singer of all time.

The keyboards and melody density provide you could have Bodom play with industrial bands, something Machine Head, Lamb of God etc could never do. You could also have Bodom play with black metal bands. I think Alexi wants to be more about thrash, but the strength of the band really is in the melodic world. In fact I would now like to see them use more synthesizers and make a darker album. Marilyn Manson and Bodom sounds awkward as hell, but when you think about it, why not? So we book a European tour with Bodom and Manson, and an American tour with Bodom and Rob Zombie, and call Type O to find a new headman.

I've seen Rob Zombie, the stage show is obviously amazing but the music was getting in the way

One of those bands that can put up a short setlist that's great, but no more. A small band with an undeservedly big image.

Good intro 1:00 - 4:00

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnOO9eYfpiM&spfreload=10[/ame]

Bodom fever is striking now. Maybe they have something exciting coming up.
I'd love them to use samples from horror movies between pretty much every song, as long as they're epic, not the shit ones, because they're essentially a part of the song itself. Do something exciting. Studio this month. Maybe there's still solos to do.

251618067df4b49264477c4148621881.png

atmospheric as fuck

Are people still making fun of Joonas and his obsession with atmosphere? :confused:

Ok... fuck this, let's all stay off any COB sites and maybe come check out when they actually announce something or give some information, maybe next July.

Looks like drummer boy Jaska has gone back to shure mics this time around! Thats promising! I hated the whole audix sound! Lets hope the guitar guys follow his advice! Thumbs up