COB start writing new album

they should make a full britney spears cover album this time and dress roope as britney and in the back the rest of the band dressed as trees and butterflies in the cover of the album. would be fucking metal as fucking fuck

ok seriously i hope something metal in your face like are you dead yet but with choruses like scream for silence (this one means so much to me)

I'll just shut up this time. I gave my ideas on the Album Idea thread...

Nice try...

I'd really like to hear more song ideas written with heart blood,... I hope I'll be surprised... I'm having an intuitive feel this album will sound gray and boring. Maybe it has a color? Maybe it has a spark... hope they deliver something unexpected and the album actually sounds like it has a soul.

Would really like something more melodic, with solo melodies that hum in your head. Maybe violet artwork with black Reaper?

Maybe on the coming album COB will go back to their hidden, true roots, which is the Megaman games, and focus more on epic rock melodies. I want the most epic melodies ever on the new album! In that sense, a modern Hatebreeder album with blazing pink on the artwork would be fantastic, as long as the melodies are epic, the riffs killer and the vocals blackish.

I would also like an album with '70's cars and electronic influences. I want the music to give me that evil euphoria, either from deep atmosphere, epic melodies or electronic mastery.

I'm having a feeling the coming COB album will sound gray and have little or no atmosphere.

Hope it's not the same shit again, hope the band establishes soon they have a vividly doom album or vividly melodic album or another sensation like the cult albums.

I really hope it's something different,...I hope they invent some interesting sounds and ways to use their instruments, definitely more futuristic elements and more ancient elements, or else a straight up return to green/blue album days. More echo, more choir backgrounds, more industrial keyboard sounds, and never forget the orchestral hits.

My crystal ball says this one will sound gray... So if it sounds forest green or girly pink, I will lose my marbles and get all excited.

I want touching melodies. Deep and touching.

I hope there's many cunts and fucks in the new songs.

I'd really like a rich soundworld that includes futuristic, industrial sounds and also a sense of ambience. I'd like Bodom to give more emphasis on digging interesting synthesizers, drums and electric feeling, instead of the riff-dominant approach.

I would now like to see them use more synthesizers and make a darker album.

Alexi should make 'SNBN pt. 2' for this album, to live up to the standards of the cult albums.

I hope it's something surprising. One problem I'm sensing is it starts with stress and panic and frustration, I hope Alexi's brave this time and goes to unexplored areas and remembers it's death metal not punk metal, ultimately we want extreme subjects such as violence, depression, abuse, drugs, blood, alcoholism, psychotic killing, end of the world, the earthy hell, etc. I need something that kills.

I'd really like a Bodom album that's dark, electric, creative, melodic-black-industrial-death metal, like shit that brings together people who listen to cyber punk and people who listen to Moonsorrow and 90's metal.

So I had 3 ideas for artwork:

1) ghosts and mist
2) moon, tunnel and teenage murder gang
3) dystopic city underworld

Will they listen and adopt some of this or will they come up with something even more interesting? Curious to see, what kind of artwork they have, album title, song titles, sound, etc. I'm just hoping for something dark and creative, like Bodom's gothic album. Most important thing is it's epic, of course.

I would say the most epic Bodom album I can imagine now includes a haunting full moon and a perilous gang of ghostly pale teenage killers in the Reaper's shadow, those who followed the Reaper and stayed eternal victims to the unholy Lake, in other words those who relied in the dark comfort of alcohol for too long until losing their souls.

I would say the most epic Bodom album I can imagine now includes a haunting full moon and a perilous gang of ghostly pale teenage killers in the Reaper's shadow, those who followed the Reaper and stayed eternal victims to the unholy Lake, in other words those who relied in the dark comfort of alcohol for too long until losing their souls.

2deep4me

New artwork idea... what do you think?

Late summer evening with rainfall, from ground view, bunch of teens messing around in the yard. Remote side of a house with an old, seemingly forgotten skull hidden in a dark corner, implying to the victims of the heinous lake. Shadow of the Reaper watching the youth play. Nestled in close proximity to the skull, rocks, small window to a basement, dusty, broken bottles, and buried in sand and stained with rust lies something... a switchblade. Eventually you realize the normal object is the lost, infamous murder weapon, cast aside and forgotten for decades. This gives a sensation that the danger might lurk closer than you think, and the killer might still live among us, as a grumpy old man, the Reaper serving as his psychotic vision that's guiding him, whispering to repeat his unholy deeds. These teens clearly have no idea whose yard they're screwing around in. You see grayish blue dirt with rain falling over the skull, bottles and knife, behind the corner a group of drinking dudes.

So drums are done, shouldn't there be any bass and guitar updates by now, since they go on tour in June I guess the album should be done by May, or at least most of it? When do you guys think it will be out?

A September release would be my guess

In other news, I am becoming Joonas. I had a dream about the new COB album.... There was a photo of the band where they were all wearing bright-red blindfolds and the there was a warm orange sun-glow and luscious green vegetation.

They were so blinded by the sun of the paradise their eyes bled? Or they had a veil of depression making it impossible to see the paradise?

A September release would be my guess

In other news, I am becoming Joonas. I had a dream about the new COB album.... There was a photo of the band where they were all wearing bright-red blindfolds and the there was a warm orange sun-glow and luscious green vegetation.

:lol: I once had a dream about them when we were still waiting for RRF. We'd already heard the samples from SKO and I was really thinking it'd be something like HB or HCDR, and had a dream about a new song which also sounded very HB-ish. Melodic and epic etc. Can't remember whether I ever mentioned it here, though.

I also think a September release could be possible. Or October.

I've had dreams when I'm suddenly playing live with COB replacing their bassist, rhythm guitarist or keyboardist, and intuitively know exactly how to play, it was cool.

How old are you guys, rock-stardom is past most of us anyways! :p
I still miss updates from Bodom, and I really want to hear a demo or a clip by the end of may beginning of June.
It's kind of why I hate about Nuclear Blast, their promotion is only for their big guns and that's the way its always been.

This silent mode could also be something positive, they weren't that forward about the three first albums, most was kept a secret except the first single (which was almost always a well recorded demo version) and released months before album, but I kind of miss the COBTV stuff....

How old are you guys, rock-stardom is past most of us anyways! :p
I still miss updates from Bodom, and I really want to hear a demo or a clip by the end of may beginning of June.
It's kind of why I hate about Nuclear Blast, their promotion is only for their big guns and that's the way its always been.

This silent mode could also be something positive, they weren't that forward about the three first albums, most was kept a secret except the first single (which was almost always a well recorded demo version) and released months before album, but I kind of miss the COBTV stuff....

19. Others? I remember Joonas saying "We need more 14 year olds to keep up the discussion" the exact day I turned 15 back when we were still waiting for RRF :lol:

29, and before typing an essay on biological, mental and emotional age, I think Bodom have learned they miss the exciting climax when pouring all the information to us little by little, so maybe they'll shut up and then suddenly deliver the whole shit, title, artwork, song list and description. My gut feeling, tho, is they're a bit lost in creativity and don't care to brag. No artist does ten top albums, no-one has endless amounts of soul blood. I just hope they try something exciting, choose some interesting style and sound world, cos the lack of character is plaguing the last albums. I'm not gonna listen another Halo of Blood or RRF type album. You have a keyboard full of gothic atmosphere, you have a set of drums capable of more than just the necessary tempo, you have guitars capable of melodic death metal... I come across interesting music on youtube now and then and think why isn't Bodom trying this style. They need to do something extreme and epic, something that floors us and leaves us humming the tunes.

22, having fights over nothing was way lot more fun four years ago. Nowadays there aren't too many people to have childish arguments with and most of the bigger faggots have left years ago. We still have Joonas tho.