COB start writing new album

Only thing that matters is whether the album is good or not. In the past we used to have these video episodes from studio and all kinds of descriptions. But if they're having hard time with getting an interesting album out, better just concentrate on that. There's so little good metal coming out anymore...

Just out of curiosity, what other genres beside metal do guys listen to often? I've been listening to some prog rock, pink floyd, kansas, classical music, movie themes, old school hiphop. Occasionally when I'm in the gym I listen to edm or whatever, the prodigy for example.

Just out of curiosity, what other genres beside metal do guys listen to often? I've been listening to some prog rock, pink floyd, kansas, classical music, movie themes, old school hiphop. Occasionally when I'm in the gym I listen to edm or whatever, the prodigy for example.

None, unless an occasional epic music youtube search and the following hour counts. Also, depends on whether you call Kotiteollisuus metal or rock, personally I categorize them as metal.

A more interesting answer would probably be what sub genres I listen to. Melodic death metal, naturally, but also folk metal, power metal and a little symphonic metal too. Everything with melodies in it.

Melodic death, black, doom, atmospheric music, ambient, ancient music from different cultures, Silent Hill soundtracks, Mega Man soundtracks, dark electro, etc.

Silent Hill soundtracks

You might be fucking idiot sometimes but you sure have a godtier taste. The song below gives me same kind of vibes that Silent Hill OST gives me so I decided to share it and see what you think of it.

Aaaand besides all styles of metal and rock music I like EDM (dubstep, d'n'b, hardstyle mainly), few rap artists, even some mainstream pop music and movie and video game soundtracks of all styles. It's pretty hard for me to name what I like to listen because there isn't that many artists that I seriously hate but then again saying "I listen to pretty much everything" is kind of overstating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess it reminds of this particular track:

I sure as hell played SH 2 and 3 both six times through. Those creations are unforgettable masterpieces of touching, sensual, psychological, grotesque horror art. They're much more about the emotional psychology than horror itself. The feeling of presence and the way the loneliness starts bringing your personal emotions up from the deeply buried slumbers of the mind is dumbfounding. I feel sorry for everyone who didn't experience these games.

This is the spellbinding melody of the intro to the first game, which is where this whole cult started back in the day. (1:38)

Much of the magic of this franchise lies in the enchanting music that dives right into the burrows of your soul to awaken both painful and cherished memories hidden from daylight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like anything with good, interesting guitar work

So guys like Guthrie Govan, Steve Vai, Marty Friedman

Much of the magic of this franchise lies in the enchanting music that dives right into the burrows of your soul to awaken both painful and cherished memories hidden from daylight.

This pretty much sums it up. 90% of Silent Hill is its excellent sound design and soundtrack. Newer entries are kind of shit because Yamaoka isn't there to pull the strings. I played 2 and 3 again 1,5 years ago and they still are fucking gold but at the same time I noticed they don't put that much heart into modern video games and I personally think its pretty damn sad. Anyway, Silent Hill 2 has probably the most beautiful OST ever.

Black/death metal, lots of avant garde lately, pretty much anything but core or doom. Other than metal is the cliche "I listen to everything", my phone on shuffle is chaos. Goes from the beatles to strapping young lad to katy perry to chopin, as long as it sounds good I couldn't care less.

Roommate bought The evil within and I was psyched to give it a try, come back disappointed when he says "I took the game back it was too scary"

Never played Silent Hill but I felt the same way when I played the first Bioshock

This pretty much sums it up. 90% of Silent Hill is its excellent sound design and soundtrack. Newer entries are kind of shit because Yamaoka isn't there to pull the strings. I played 2 and 3 again 1,5 years ago and they still are fucking gold but at the same time I noticed they don't put that much heart into modern video games and I personally think its pretty damn sad. Anyway, Silent Hill 2 has probably the most beautiful OST ever.

Yeah, exactly, I've been preaching about this on youtube to no end. It seems the new designers are some American fans trying to make something similar but missing the whole point. They think a bunch of dark street and fog and stuff was enough to make Silent Hill great...? Hahahaha... It became survival horror, nothing special. All the new protagonists are the same grumpy middle-aged man with no depth, there's so little good music, no interesting story, little atmosphere. The protagonist could be maybe an old person looking for long-lost friend, a small child, or an invalid woman dying of illness... A creative, sentimental story... Then create music so emotional and haunting it alone tells the story. Everything is about pixels these days, but pixels don't change my heart. I'd really like video games to worry less about visuals and focus on the art side.

I've had my hands full the last years with Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II which is close to finish now. If you haven't played Dark Souls I recommend that one, free world fantasy and free character development, these games demand intelligence and it takes months and months to finish and I promise you'll wake your neighbours at night shouting swear words after you die 50th time in bosses. So much pain in the ass tho I'll never play it again.

I've had my hands full the last years with Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II which is close to finish now. If you haven't played Dark Souls I recommend that one, free world fantasy and free character development, these games demand intelligence and it takes months and months to finish and I promise you'll wake your neighbours at night shouting swear words after you die 50th time in bosses. So much pain in the ass tho I'll never play it again.

Dude I've beaten Demon's Souls twice and first Dark Souls countless times. DS2 was also pretty good but I think I'm never going to beat it again. Best games of their generation and especially Demon's Souls something new and fresh when I first played it and its sequels are no match to its atmosphere. Still I love Dark Souls the most.

Let me guess, you used a mage setup? I always used melee, sword and shield. It's felt most natural ever since a certain game back in '98 that stole my heart. Ain't gonna go thru this close range shit again, next time I'll make myself a wizard and smithe them bitches with terrible spells and hexes and all just standing in the distance with a nerdy pointy hat and staff.

Let me guess, you used a mage setup?

Nah, on the first playthroughs I went with dexterity build and mainly try to use katanas (bleed effect ftw) but I kinda slipped on my DS2 playthrough and started using greatswords. About a month ago I started playing the series again from the beginning and this time I tried a knight/strength build. Seriously it felt like a completely different game and that's why I fucking love DeS and DaS. Seriously you can be a fucking agile katana-wielding samurai motherfucker, goddamn Gandalf himself or a 7 feet tall brickwall who oneshots everything with a sword twice his size.

Some people go with the archer thing but it's like sniping everything from a distance, hilarious and wuss, no joy of bloody slaying. Strong shield with long spear is great cos you can block and attack simultaneously. I did DS2 with zweihander and it got a bit boring cos I smashed everything with the same blow, just bust every bitch in half. I always developed endurance more than anything so I can run, block and strike so much without getting trapped and dying instantly. There's not enough minerals to generate many effective weapons, that's a minus in the games. Right now I'm stuck in Ancient Dragon, I run up to him and try to strike his ugly legs but everytime he flies up and roasts me into a nugget, frustrating as hell.

It's that time again guys, the eve of a new COB album. Excitement is at its peak.

What color will it be? A new Reaper artwork worth tattooing? What kind of songtitles? What kind of sound? Most importantly, will it stun us in its musical divinity?

The It’s-not-my-fault-you’re-a-virgin-and-can’t-get-a-Date-Crew anxiously waits for the destined sequel for old time cult records such as Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper like the moon rising.

Too godamn silent right about now. Album should be done in 3-4 weeks, with exception of mastering.... I'm I the only one thinking that they record it this time around at their new rehershal house? From the photos it seems like it? Anyone agree? 777 Post and I am GOD!

It seems people are not holding their breath over this album, so hopefully this is just silence before the storm.

Seeing how predictable the cycle of metal bands is (for an experienced listener), one can create expectations how this album will be, how it will sound, and how impressive the songwriting will be. If Bodom share the trend of other bands, the material would feel forcefully composed, instead of the songs "writing themselves", the creator having already shed so much blood into the earlier works there's no more "need for therapy", thus the lack of enthusiasm would result in stress and a lack of atmosphere. Enthusiasm is always materialized as atmosphere, feeling, energy, and I can't sense that much in the new stuff of these '90's death metal bands.

The greatest thing they could do now is something that's 1) radically surprising, and 2) vastly atmospheric, and I'm the first one to believe Alexi can pull it off when he gets excited. I just think he should listen more to atmospheric stuff and dare to be wildly creative again, cos that's where the heart of the music is, the rest will follow naturally. Maybe it would create ideas in Alexi's head if he ventured out into the night alone and got drunk in a weird place he's never been to, out of the ordinary situation, to get the brain living and tap into that dark boundary of creative voices.