COB start writing new album

Too godamn silent right about now. Album should be done in 3-4 weeks, with exception of mastering.... I'm I the only one thinking that they record it this time around at their new rehershal house? From the photos it seems like it? Anyone agree? 777 Post and I am GOD!

They recorded the last album there to, with the exception of drums

Yeah I really want to hear something, but give them some more time to work, creating atmosphere takes time dammit.

Yeah I heard that too.

Maybe they'll have a colorless artwork, name the tracks just 1, 2, 3, and have mindless rambling recorded to it from the studio. Or just wind blowing at the lake?

On serious note, maybe they could have a special edition, where they include a little silk bag with a dice sized stone gathered from the shore of Lake Bodom. If they're still into the thing. Maybe they want to avoid direct connection to the murder case... it's just a stupid case anyway that blew to proportions with this fictive myth thing that's used symbolically to represent the troubles that depressed and angry dudes face in their lives... A little polished silvery scythe necklace would also be nice, as long as it looks proper.

I don't think that means a damn thing. Like what would we be hearing? Facebook status updates from Alexi talking about how awesome the new stuff is?

I'm just sick and tired of being the one to hype up fans about their new album as their "pay-free agent and verbal artist" and because they don't really care to keep in touch with fanzine. It's time for Bodom to prove they can write good music again. Until then it's their shame if they wanna keep their fans in the dark for months and months. Not my problem if everybody thinks they're in panic about their new material... Just frustrated cos I wait for news every day and spill out more ideas and depth than I hear from Bodom... It drives me nuts to think they could - in theory - be making an album that's as good as the cult albums, but whether I should hold my breath or not.

Maybe it just has to do with marketing not worth the investment. Albums don't sell like they used to.

All you really need to do is make a killer song and post it on youtube.

I say make another cult album if you can, and fans will surely buy it. If you're too depressed or dumb to make it happen then too bad.

I don't think that means a damn thing. Like what would we be hearing? Facebook status updates from Alexi talking about how awesome the new stuff is?

You're too new to have been here when we were waiting for HOB, RRF and for some of the regulars, even older albums. There's usually short clips from the studio while they're still recording.

I don't know why but my intuition has painted an estimation of this album in my brain: it's grayish blue & purple, rock-style, very computerized, boring and entirely riff-oriented. Well, I guess even that would be better than RRF. This time it's gonna be easy to surprise my skeptic mind.

Maybe the album would sell well in Japan if they have cherry trees in the artwork and a reverse katana as the Reaper's scythe blade. This way we would finally have a pink artwork, too.

Maybe the old saying ''no news, are good news'' can be applied here? My guess is that they are just trying a different route this time. When the news finally do come they will be appreciated and weigh more. I don't really care, I even find the wait a bit easier. As long as they are motivated and make a genuine effort and hopefully a great album I'm fine.

Maybe the old saying ''no news, are good news'' can be applied here? My guess is that they are just trying a different route this time. When the news finally do come they will be appreciated and weigh more. I don't really care, I even find the wait a bit easier. As long as they are motivated and make a genuine effort and hopefully a great album I'm fine.

Just don't think they're so busy they don't have time to tell us what's going on. :) There's two possibilities: 1) it's a marketing strategy, 2) they're just not excited about the material.

Relentless Reckless Forever was pretty much a flop album but they hyped it up so much, plus the record label wanted an American sound and one commercial track. Those were marketing strategies, and obviously we know the band didn't like that.

Halo of Blood, they did some Q&A videos and a studio video, and the marketing strategy was "going back to roots."

This time... this time so far they have no strategy, other than try to make people forget about them... or to reflect our own imagination onto what could happen.

My feeling is they're just stressed and bored about the new material... well, hope it's surprising.

More like girl cave with the magenta, lol. No, it's a mental colour psychology thing for recording the vocals, using a certain colour to create the right environment and mindset, in this case aggression, creativity and spirituality. If you stay in a room with red light, your aggression (and eroticism) is stimulated. Moving the hue towards pink stimulates harmony, purple stimulates imagination.