COB start writing new album

I hope for a creepy looking Reaper in the artwork, something like Hatebreeder. A cult album with unforgettable melodies and gem choruses! Don't miss it...

This is the colour I want

prod_6569509315

^Sany: I belive I have already seen these videos... It was about that 'Roadkill' photography book they released a couple of years ago. I don't get it why they posted it yesterday.

I believe they re-uploaded (or made public) these videos, just to be kind of there, on their youtube channel. These competitions were held during Fall 2014, I won Alexi's. They sent me the book with a personal note (I already had #300 signed tho :p) and the mystery items were the Roadkill t-shirt and 4 Bodom BBQ condoms from their summer 2014 shows in Finland. I already had those items too, but the whole thing was really cool! :Spin:

^But yeah, the new album's what we're all waiting for!

Could have done with something else than "kick-fucking-ass" to be honest. :lol: A small sample or just something that would describe the album, like how melodic it is etc.

They never really talk about their music in that way

And none of that shit was true, apart from the black metalish tremolo in the song HoB. For a moment we thought that album was something like a return to the roots because the sound was more clear - but it really isn't. Now I think they're going for something more aggressive. They need more malicious riffing melodies, more speed (in terms of overall feeling, not just drum tempo) and more epicness, more energy, more atmosphere, more orchestral hits, I fucking love them. They need an idea that slays more, to keep up with other such metal bands. They need to remember they're melodic death metal, not heavy metal.

And none of that shit was true, apart from the black metalish tremolo in the song HoB. For a moment we thought that album was something like a return to the roots because the sound was more clear - but it really isn't. Now I think they're going for something more aggressive. They need more malicious riffing melodies, more speed (in terms of overall feeling, not just drum tempo) and more epicness, more energy, more atmosphere, more orchestral hits, I fucking love them. They need an idea that slays more, to keep up with other such metal bands. They need to remember they're melodic death metal, not heavy metal.

There is a couple of other black metal riffs on HOB, there is a good one in Your Days Are Numbered

Do you even metal, Joonas? HOB was full of blackish stuff: Transference verse, a less black tremolo was in Waste of Skin also, couple of bridges in the Days are Numbered, pre-chorus in Damaged Beyond Repair is sort of black/Sinergy. That's half an album. Scream for Silence was Hypocrisy inspired, Dead Man's Hand was the "ballad" so no black there, Blue Moon and All Twisted are you typical Bodom tracks

Bodom seem to be forbidden from talking about their new album always at this point. I'd think the first hot question on a new interview after studio would be 'what is the new album like?'

Bodom seem to be forbidden from talking about their new album always at this point. I'd think the first hot question on a new interview after studio would be 'what is the new album like?'

Wtf the most important question is what color is the fuckin album cover???

I realized that Alexi needs to find something that will inspire him to write music in a way he used to. I mean, just look - HOB was inspired by Tonmi`s death, and it was a step in good direction, it brought back some oldschoolish ideas, it was best Bodom stuff in years, parts of some songs had really good potential (All Twisted chorus, Transference bridge to solos, Bodom Blue Moon intro and main riff). I fear he doesn`t have that inspiration for new album. Guy has settled life, stable relationship, money, even doesn`t drink anymore (and this used to be his great inspiration tool), all he finds inspiration from these days is that stupid movie with that Dude character. Big Lebowski or whatever. Seriously, we need that pain, anger, depression and misery again. Only that can create atmospheric music, not riff - oriented - something that will be forgotten in two years when they create new album...