COB start writing new album

I hope they include a "making of..." with the CD because I really enjoy the one from Halo of Blood, I've watched it probably ten times.

Hello guys, been a while.
Am I right to assume that at this point we know nothing besides that the album is finished?

Roope just quit the band.....fuck!! If Alexander comes back it would be awesome if not..... Its pretty much a huge let down. Also saying they will tour as a foir piece......not really into that idea at all...

No, some new guy. Why should they take someone who left them a million years ago and is probably unable to play the new stuff. All this Alexander nostalgy is unfounded, he's not experienced everything the band has along the years and there's no connection. Roope toured the world with them for 12 years. Let's see who they find, hopefully someone who's worthy. They probably have known this for a long time and whoever it is, they already know and he's got the songs down already. :)

Could be har to find someone who could pull it off with perfection in a live setting. It's not impossible and they're not nevermore/symphony x level regarding the technical aspect, but still would be hard to find someone who could make it cool live. And as a four piece, well some playback, louder bass and alot of shortcuts for Laiho. Old song will suffer from that....

It's not possible to play this with just one guitar without sounding weird. I'm sure this came as no surprise and they knew the replacement before parting ways with Roope, and he's had time to learn the songs.

I would guess it's someone that Alexi knows from tours, because chemistry is important. Maybe some talented dude who doesn't have a good band.

Well, 1 guitar line-up works pretty well for Decapitated, solos played over drums/base sound awesome live.

However COB indeed need 2 guitars to sound good IMO. I hope the replacement will be worthy:)

Damn, 12 years - it passed so quickly...

I just called Alexi and this is what I got...

Alexi - Yeah
Joonas - Whadup buddy, you got new songs ready?
Alexi - Yeah and what has it to do with you?
Joonas - I'm from the COB forum and I wanted to ask if there's atmosphere in the songs
Alexi - You mean like that neo-classical wankery? No
Joonas - No, but do you write epic shit again with the whole forests and lakes thing
Alexi - It's in the coverart but it doesn't inspire me anymore
Joonas - So what inspires you? Midgets and drunken skaters?
Alexi - Dude why the hell am I having this conversation, who the hell are you anyway?
Joonas - I'm Joonas
Janne - Ah that guy, he's a fucking jerk, hang up the phone
Alexi - Sorry dude, I'm just gonna write whatever comes up, take it easy
Joonas - But you can never write another SNBN...
[---]
I was browsing old posts because I literally have nothing else to do at the moment and holy shit I almost spat my coffee on the table when I saw this. I think it is kind of appropriate to repost this because new album is on its way. :lol:

@iPot: Awesome dude hahaha. :D

Man, maybe the upcoming Album is gonna be the shit again, because Alexi has extreme feelings about Roopes quitting. Hmmmreally hard to explain. :/

It's really strange. COB isn't a band like Cradle Of Filth which changes their line-up every day.

That was an epic phone call, had forgotten about it...

You should check some old posts too once in a while. So much shit was posted three years ago when the board was still active that majority of the "good" stuff is easy to forget. Also I stumbled upon few users I had almost completely forgotten and its kinda shame they don't post here anymore.

Roope leaving shouldn't have too much of an impact on the album since Alexi writes everything. Maybe a change in execution, but that should be it.
Live would be a whole other story though.

Unexpected. What do you listen to Joonas? I thought you were into black/sympho/gothic bullshit

Besides death, doom and black I listen to 80's synth wave and anything that's deep or epic, also some old anime and video game music, gregorian chants, ancient music, some gothic electronic stuff and whatever has nostalgia for me. I like some old HIM, 69 Eyes, Moonsorrow, not everything is pure metal. I don't like stuff like Slayer and Megadeth and that thrash. Bands whose albums I still buy new include Bodom, Hypocrisy, Swallow the Sun and maybe Cradle of Filth, then there's some other exceptions, and hundreds of individual songs from the depths of the existence.

Who cares which kind of music Joonasis listening too? I don't.

Besides of that, when do you expect the first real Infos about the album, which means something like the album name, the artwork, a teaser a studio clip and those kinds of stuff?