COB start writing new album

Not an expert on this, but I don't think that's considered "good marketing". Hype is always what sells stuff, and that doesn't create a similar hype.

A lot of bands like to record in secrecy. Taking a little break from the public eye probably will not hurt Bodom too much after 15+ years of the 2 year album cycle and tons of touring.

In my opinion more hype would be created if they just out of the blue released an amazing new track along with details of the new album and a tour.

Also, sometimes it is good to make fans wait to build up anticipation

I want touching melodies. Deep and touching.
5149Y9AH32L._SY300_.jpg

Look at that, fucking Elvis, I once had a beer with him back in the '50's, I was roadtripping America and stopped by to take a shit in this taco place and there was Elvis having a hotdog, so I grabbed a cold one for both. We joked about how he's really in it just for the pussy and the ladies just don't figure. Then we talked about this crazy '90's metal band called Children of Bodom, how they have like so cool riffs and shit his guitarist can never do. He gave me a smoke in return for the beer, took off and I left in my stolen Bugatti. All these things... okay honestly we decided to get smashed at a local hooker street, but I promised not to tell to keep it civil, but he's long gone, so.

Last night Alexi announced the name of the album in my dream. Can't quite remember it. He said the first half of songs is from the HB/FTR days and the last is modern. That would actually be a fucking great idea: to make 4 songs of old fans' wet dream and make 4 songs of something completely new, instead of making all songs somewhere in between...

Last night Alexi announced the name of the album in my dream. Can't quite remember it. He said the first half of songs is from the HB/FTR days and the last is modern. That would actually be a fucking great idea: to make 4 songs of old fans' wet dream and make 4 songs of something completely new, instead of making all songs somewhere in between...

Have you ever tried composing a song? Creating songs that are very different from each other stylistically, is not easy. You can imitate something, but it will most likely sound somewhat forced. I, for example, can make folkish metal if I want to, but whenever I just sit down and do what comes easily, it turns out into a particular mix of melodic death metal and power metal, very easily identifiable. If I start making folk metal, it doesn't sound like me anymore.

What I'm going after is that, while Alexi may still be able to create something like the FTR days, it would be forced. It would be the result of a conscious effort to imitate FTR, and most probably wouldn't sound as good as a natural FTR style song.

Grim-reaper-shadow.jpg

How do you like it Joonas? It's not made by me or anything, but I though it looked like a cool and "Joonas' wishes for atmospheric artworks" picture.

I have a feeling that they are recording...Alexi posted on his facebook 5months ago that he couldn't even sleep because he was writing COB stuff all day and night

As I've said before I really hope they change tunings from the old D and C tuning they've been using since 1999 or so. I heard in an interview that they don't use the C# tuning of something wild because it's not as tight as D standard but imo he created some of his best solo's in that tuning with sinergy and cob. Atmosphere.

As I've said before I really hope they change tunings from the old D and C tuning they've been using since 1999 or so. I heard in an interview that they don't use the C# tuning of something wild because it's not as tight as D standard but imo he created some of his best solo's in that tuning with sinergy and cob. Atmosphere.

I don't think tuning has anything to do with how good a solo you can create. Only thing a lower tuning does, is that the overall sound becomes heavier, palm mutes become muddier and less tight. If you use drop tuning, then there is a small difference, as they allow you to play riffs that would be near impossible otherwise. Of course, standard tuning allows you to play riffs that are impossible in drop tuning.